Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 17:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/194/150 Female 70 inches
BF:?/34%/25%
Progress: 8%
Smile Starting over Challenge! We can do it!

Howdy all this is not a we want to lose X amount or wieght by a date.
this is just starting over for those of us who have lost our way in the high carb world we live in.

you are welcome to join anytime.

if down the road we have a slip no big deal we will pick ourselves up and brush off and start again the next day.

you are welcome to post what ever you want, your menu or how you fought off that evil high carb craving, or have you tripped and fell and let us pick you up and help you start again.

Everyone is welcome!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 19:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/142.5/135 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hey I live in San Luis Obispo, you are probably close by. I am doing okay today, hoping to shrink soon hehe. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 20:04

hi Beach jen i live near the DMV.
we are hoping to buy a condo soon but they are so expensive.
can i ask what you do for a living?
nice to see another SLO person here!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 20:21

Stats: 255/250/165 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Re-started on Sunday...am eager and ready to go after slacking off for so long. 29th Birthday on Thursday so a little afraid of the temptations. Day two is almost over with much success!!! 84 pounds to go!!!

Good Luck!

...Start...255...Current...254...
...1-Year Goal...170...Ultimate Goal...160
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 21:21

Stats: 141/135/120 Female 5 foot 4
BF:
Progress: 29%

Had a good day of clean induction, but I still feel gross from my weekend of cheating. Hopefully I'll feel better in a few days.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 23:18

BF:

Hi Petcrazed - I go to Cal Poly, going to be a high school history teacher. You? Yes I know they are so expensive. They are worse in the Bay Area though, which is where I am from. My parents are still trying to buy a home up there. Today I did ok, it is hard for me to stay under 20 carbs. I am going between 25-30 at best. I need to give up some of my extras. Working on it. Good luck for tomorrow everyone!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 14:29

Beach jenn i went to poly too i was a microbiology major. what is your major?

for an update ....

i have been in reinduction now for 3 days and i has lost 1 pound. before i fell off the wagon i was 177 now I am 176. which is great since 3 days ago i was at 180!

i am tring to decide how long this induction will last will it be 1 week or 2?
i am really missing my nuts and warps
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 18:01

Stats: 275/247/175 Female 5'10
BF:39/36/24or less
Progress: 28%

Hi there! Mind if I join your re-induction club? I had done great when I started in the begining of March and here I am totaly screwed up by the Easter holiday! ugh. I need to start this thing over right now! (cooking dinner as we type, chicken and broc.) I hope to get back into Ketosis and get my blood sugars back in control (I am diabetic) I did so well in the first 2 weeks that I actualy had to have my meds lowered! So here I go! On the road to feeling better!
Good luck to everyone else.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 18:05

welcome fantabulus! everyone can join !
i know we can do it!
so far so good for me.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 18:35

BF:

What is up with me? I am not losing. I am consuming over 20 carbs a day, more like 30, I know that's what the problem is. I exercize doing 1 hour of cardio 4 days a week and 2 hours of weight training per week though. I have to get tough again with my carbs. Ughhh. A little self talk there I guess. I am more tired lately too and have gained 7 pounds in the last 2 months. What is this crap? I worked out good today and my carb count so far is 18g and 1450 calories. It is only 5:30 though so hopfully I stay good for the rest of the day. Petcrazed I am a history major, sociology minor. Good luck all!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 20:14
Registered Member

Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 0%

I am starting over too. I have been draging my feet because i HATE being in ketosis. Everything taste awlfull especially the most important thing..water.
I have a question. I first started LCing last year, lost about 15 pounds and loved it, fell off and started again in Oct lost the same and of course, fell off. Now here I am again. I have noticed that it does not take me long to get back into ketosis, like 2 days and I am there, do you think that the mind has something to do with this? I mean, I am expecting it so is my system remembering and automaticaly doing this???? Just a thought.
Also, how do you deal with the "taste" of ketosis?
Thank you

Gonna do this in Nova Scotia, Canada
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 17:59

hi all I dont have a taste when i am in ketosis so cant help you there. and i doubt you body remembers but it miget just be you have less glycogen stored since you have done it before in the last 6 months.

Jenn i would try to keep your carbs to 20 are you eating any low carb things like bars or ice cream? that might be it.

ok here is my update i am down another pound today so i am at 175 i will change my stats when i am sure this will stick.
this induction is hard i would love to just be able to have nuts but having lost 5 pounds in 3 days i will for go the nuts to see how low this induction will get me.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 20:31

BF:

I am 2 pounds up today - 146. I am hoping that it's because my TOM will be here next week and because of the 2 hours a week weight training that I started 4 weeks ago (muscle weights more than fat blah blah blah). If anything else has to do with it it is probably because I had been cheating too often lately, not horribly but more than I wanted to (until I decided to shape up last Monday). I just got back from the gym and I am feeling pretty good. I am not gonna let the weight thing bother me too much because I need to give this some time, I just decided to really get back on track last Monday so I think my body needs time to adjust. Getting stressed out doesn't speed up weight loss, in fact I think I read somewhere that it can hinder weight loss. Anyway, good luck everyone, we are in this together.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 21:19

Stats: 141/135/120 Female 5 foot 4
BF:
Progress: 29%

I haven't lost or gained any weight since re-starting induction 3 days ago. I've been really good though and haven't gone over 20 carbs. I also worked out two out of the three days so I'm feeling a little better ... I just wish the scale would show me something.

guidosgirl -- when I get that taste in my mouth, I drink lots and lots of water ... that usually helps
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 21:29

Stats: 275/247/175 Female 5'10
BF:39/36/24or less
Progress: 28%

Hello all. I am not going near my scale as of yet. I will start working out at the gym this week to. I am having a hard time saying no to sugar free jello with whip cream. I spose there are worse vices then this lol. I did good today so I am pleased. I have that headache that came when I did induction last time. So i know im on the right road. Glad to hear you are doing good Pet!