Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 01:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 128/122/112 Female 5ft1"
BF:Not sure!
Progress:
Red face New comer...

Hello everyone...

I'm back after a long absence away i.e. hospital, so please let me re-introduce myself.

My name is Nancye and I found being a vegetarian didn't help me lose any weight. Infact since joining the Low Carbs Forum, I've actaully gained a few kilos!! Not happy but things happen.

So now I'm back and I would love any easy feed back on what foods to eat, and which is the best book to buy, is it the Atkins diet, Zone, Fat Flush Pan... Kiss....???

So for the time being what's the best way for me to eat and to lose weight fast. I read in a low carb book that sesame seeds have no carbs at all as well as white vinegar, therefore I can I eat Tahini without fear of eating carbs and I could tizzy it up with vinegar and make a nice Tahini dressing and can we use sesame seeds for crumbing meat and chicken???

Unfortunately, I can't eat fish or seafood, I'm highly allergic to it but I will eat meat now, except for Pork, Lamb and Offal. I love cheese!! Will that gain weight, if I eat a bit of cheese per day???

Sorry for the many questions it's just that I lost most of my Forum information due to cp virus which has gone now but thinking about it; it might be easier for someone to explain to me i.e. how it all works??

Anyway hope you can help...

Cya...

Nancye (Australia)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 22:05

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

www.atkins.com That website will give you some useful info on the atkins plan
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 03:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 128/122/112 Female 5ft1"
BF:Not sure!
Progress:

Hi amdevelish...

Thanks for your response, I have in fact visited the Atkins site many times but it's been a while since I logged onto that site.

This morning I bought the New Atkins Diet book, I thought I was pretty clever. I went into a second hand book store and picked it up for $8.00 AUD which thrilled me coz usually it's a lot more here is Ozz and it's a new book as well, it's hardly used!! So I had a win but I also downloaded a recording of Atkins speaking about the diet which is really great to listen too, if you haven't heard it I can zip it over to you, if you like??

But anyway I just wanted a few quick start ideas, like at the moment I am eating ham and salad for lunches and 1 egg, two logan farm (frozen) spinach, 1 fat free cheese slice made into an omelette which is yummy for breakfast, then dinner, the same again, green salad and cold meat.

I am allergic to seafood and fish so I can't eat fish at all. I had a melon slice with dinner last night and again today but that is all I will have.

Already in two days I feel like I have lost weight so that's a bonus...

Thanks again for your response...

Nancye...