Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 13:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/202/161
BF:
Progress: 21%
Angry Help!!!! I have been BAD!!!

Please help me...I think I have made a terrible mistake

I am in week two of induction and last week I lost 11 lbs and was well happy...but today is the first day into the second week and I think I have been bad.

I came home for lunch and only had time to grab a slice of Ham, a slice of Turkey and 2oz of Cheddar Cheese. Anyway, I was driving around (My Job) and I felt really hungry so I stopped in a garage to see if they had any Cheese. I looked everywhere, but I couldn't see any. I knew I needed something, so I hunted round for something suitable...Guess what I decided on??

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

A BIG PACKET OF SALTED PEANUTS !!!
I had read somewhere that peanuts are allowed on the Atkins plan, but now I see that they are only ok in stage 3. OH what can I do?

The label read 7.8 Carbs...3.6 of which was the dreaded sugar...please advise.

Am I ever gonna get this right

Love to you all

Lisa
xxxx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 14:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 187/183/140?
BF:
Progress:
Talking

no need to fret just remember to keep as close to 20 carbs as you can and there is nothing to worry about... basicaly you dooped yourself out of a nice big cup of greens with some dressing... just be strict for the rest of the night (under 20 carbs) and all is well
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 14:19

BF:
Smile Thanks Gatorbytes

Thank you for the support

I felt so bad...but my total carb count for today is 14.5 and I have done Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner..So you think I will be okay then?

Thanks again

Lisa
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 12:36

Stats: 210+/188/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Hi! We have all felt that way at some point or another. But you will find that everything will be OK! Just watch. Not even a bump in the road. More like a hair in the road for the day and we all know we can easily go over a hair in the road. Take care. No worries.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 13:06

BF:
Talking Thanks Hymntonink

Thanks for your words of support, but I feel I have been REALLY REALLY bad today

I had a really bad day at work and I am in the middle of buying and selling a house ( which by the way has been a complete nightmare ). The sale has fallen through once already and I had a call today to say that the current sale might do the same. Meaning we will lose our dream house and dream garden for my cute lil puppy.

Anyways to top the lot my boss was in a fowl mood today, which got to me and...I am almost to embarrassed to type this... I had two packets of crisps, three chocolate bars ( I am not even a chocolate person), a tuna and sweetcorn soft roll (Bagette size) and a bottle of orange squash. I estimate a total of around 250 carbs in 45 minutes.

While I was eating it I felt bad, but I still did it...and I finished em all off!!!! BUT...in 15 minutes I felt ill. My friends said I looked pale and I felt washed out and dizzy. I was shaking inside and felt very ashamed.

Is it usual to feel this way when you fall off the wagon. I am starting again tomorrow and I am done eating for today.
Sorry to go on and on, but I thought it would be easier to understand why I think I had committed this terrible crime.

Thanks Again for your help and I must say you look great!!!! You are a very pretty lady (p.s I am a girl too...that was not a line lol )

Lisa JJ
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 16:56
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 256/233/200
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default oh my

hi lisa, my name is LaTonya and i just want to say dont give in to the temptations. we all have been there, someone makes us mad so we use that as an excuse to eat, but be strong i know you can do it !! grab something crunchy to munch on when you are mad dont throw away all yor hard work!! once you give in, it justs makes it easier for the next time..so stick with it. you made your mind up to start atkins so be just as strong about not cheating as the day you decided to start