Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 09:52
Slowly I turn

Plan: Atkins restart 3-17-10
Stats: 195.5/170.6/135 Female 5'5
BF:48%/37%/20%
Progress: 41%
Default How much weight did you lose the first 3 weeks?

I'm getting depressed again because I got on the stupid scale again..down almost nothing....couldn't help myself.... So I was looking to see if anyone else has been losing like me.... I'm going to go take my measurements and see if that has changed...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 10:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/185/172
BF:too much
Progress: 90%
Thumbs up First 3 weeks

How much weight you lose at first is directly related to how much extra weight you are carrying aroung. When I origonally started I averaged 1 pound/day for the firest 3 months. However, I remember a 6 pound gain the first few days. My recommendation is to be sure and do an exercize program so there is a minium of loose flab left when you finish. Keep it up, don't be discouraged and keep the ketosick with some color. In the long run you should be fine.

Dave
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 10:49
Slowly I turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidst302
How much weight you lose at first is directly related to how much extra weight you are carrying aroung. When I origonally started I averaged 1 pound/day for the firest 3 months. However, I remember a 6 pound gain the first few days. My recommendation is to be sure and do an exercize program so there is a minium of loose flab left when you finish. Keep it up, don't be discouraged and keep the ketosick with some color. In the long run you should be fine.

Dave

I have been in ketosis since about day 3 and have not fallen out of it according to the ketostix. You must be proud of your weight loss, what a great job you have done. Thanks for the encouragement Dave!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 10:08
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

Hi Blondey...I am a slow loser... I have been doing this for 6 weeks... I was letting that scale depress me for the firsr 5 weeks on a constant basis. I was miserable .
Well not anymore. I put the scale away, for starters, and will weigh only once a week(I haven't weighed since last Tuesday) I am focusing on my happiness and how good I feel (because this WOE makes me feel awesome). We have about the same stats...and they say that the less you have to lose the slower it will come off. They consider that we have little to lose... I feel like I need to lose a piano...but regardless...It just takes a little longer for some. I started OWL this week after 5 weeks on induction. I took my measurements day before yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks...it was down...down... down! I think it has a lot to do with my no longer obsessing. Be happy! You deserve that!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 10:55
Slowly I turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbeauty
Hi Blondey...I am a slow loser... I have been doing this for 6 weeks... I was letting that scale depress me for the firsr 5 weeks on a constant basis. I was miserable .
Well not anymore. I put the scale away, for starters, and will weigh only once a week(I haven't weighed since last Tuesday) I am focusing on my happiness and how good I feel (because this WOE makes me feel awesome). We have about the same stats...and they say that the less you have to lose the slower it will come off. They consider that we have little to lose... I feel like I need to lose a piano...but regardless...It just takes a little longer for some. I started OWL this week after 5 weeks on induction. I took my measurements day before yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks...it was down...down... down! I think it has a lot to do with my no longer obsessing. Be happy! You deserve that!

I am glad that you have lost some inches..that is great. Yes, we do have about the same stats...and I feel like I could lose a piano too....lol I will continue on with induction for a couple of more weeks and see what happens. I am definitely NOT hungry which is a plus, before, I would be hungry all day...picking, picking, popping....what ever was in my hand...baby snacks..etc. That is gone and that is great. THat is a plus BUT it would be nice to see more results. Dh and I are going on our first vacation alone since I was pregnant with the babies. We are going to Key Largo on April 19th, I was hoping to see a nice loss by then, I still have 15 days so I am sticking with this till then for sure. Maybe I won't look soooo terrible in a bathing suit. Thanks for your encouragement.... I'm glad to see that you pepped up too...I know you were having a tough time of it a week or two ago... Keep up the good work!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 07:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/gastric bypass
Stats: 278/130/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I lost 6 lbs. I agree it depends on how much you have to lose. My biggest hold back on weight has been aspertame, not enough water and low carb candy. If you are using anything with this artificial sweetner or even the low carb candy that claim 0 carbs but have "sugar alcohols" they are a disaster for me. I drink 10 8oz glasses of water daily. If I dont my loss slows way down. Good luck, and you might decide to only weigh once a week and by all means take your measurments. Even at losing 6 lbs I went down two pants sizes.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 10:10
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Everyone is different.

I lost 12 pounds in the first 3 weeks.

Cheers,
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 10:29
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

I was just checking out your fitday.... I would definitely say add more green leafy veggies. You need the fiber. I see you are taking in a little veggies...but not the green leafy's. They be important. Also you might want to stay away from high carb veggies like carrots. I think I heard somewhere they are like a no-no...however don't quote me on that. ( Literally) Hee hee hee! If your still on induction....
2 cups green leafy's ....1 cup other veggie.
Good luck and welcome to the forums.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 10:34
Slowly I turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbeauty
I was just checking out your fitday.... I would definitely say add more green leafy veggies. You need the fiber. I see you are taking in a little veggies...but not the green leafy's. They be important. Also you might want to stay away from high carb veggies like carrots. I think I heard somewhere they are like a no-no...however don't quote me on that. ( Literally) Hee hee hee! If your still on induction....
2 cups green leafy's ....1 cup other veggie.
Good luck and welcome to the forums.

You are right about the veggies...I have a nice salad in the fridge today for lunch. I don't usually eat the carrots...I only ate a few because they were part of a veggie mix...they looked so good....and they were good . How are you doing drinking water?....I am still having a problem with that.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 10:44

Stats: 170/125/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 100%

When I started 2 years ago I was around 180lbs. I lost 9lbs the first 3 weeks but I was also working out like a fiend and taking xenedrine w/ ephedra . This time around I've lost about 6 or 7lbs in over a month. My mom started Atkins last week and has lost 5 lbs and her jeans feel better already. Each person is different IMO and you can't compare your loss w/ others. I try hard not to let the scales dictate my success. How are your clothes feeling? How does your body feel? Watch your dairy, increase your leafy greens, and exercise (esp. strenght training) if you aren't now. You are doing great so far so don't sweat it... .
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 10:36
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I didnt lose my first week, lost about 5lbs the second week and lost nothing the third and 4th week. After that it began to pick up nicely then slow down to a pound a week into a month long stall and then it started moving again.

Dont feel discouraged.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 08:44

Stats: 188/166/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 51%

I just came off of what I was considering a stall. I had been on induction for two weeks, lost some the first few days and then a standstill. I was getting frustrated so I mentioned here in the forum and the advice I got helped me get going again. One of the things that turned out to be the biggest help was to write down everything that was going in my mouth. I did it by hand because I don't always have a chance to get on fitday before I put food in me! So I kept a little tablet in my pocket so I could check and then write down what I was going to eat before I actually did it. When I did that, I found that while my carbs were in doing fine, my water intake was good, I had actually gone overboard with the protien. Realizing, of course, that we shouldn't worry too much calories during induction, I found that I was so overboard that I had surpassed the "10 x your weight" theory by almost 50%. That's alot of calories!! So I tried to stay a little closer to that calorie count and found that to be the answer. It's been slow for me to, but well worth the effort. Get yourself some pork rinds! They are great and absolutely keep me from going overboard.

Good luck. Just wait and see...those pounds will start moving any time now!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 08:44
Contributing Member

Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%

I have a lot of weight to loose. I lost 19 lbs in two weeks of induction and then stalled for 10 days. I increased my water intake and exercise and now loose about two pounds per week. The LC candy/ice cream and too much splenda will stall some people. I try to stick to whole foods. I also remind myself that I didn't get this heavy over night and I can not expect to loose it over night. I am happy with a two pound a week loss as it is steady and healthy. Gives me a chance to tone as I loose.

Stay focused and Good Luck to you!!!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 08:54

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I started one month ago on Thursday and I am currently down 4 pounds... but I've also gone down a full pants size.