Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 19:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 400/381/200
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default HI new here 2nd day of induction

I am new to this site posted a couple of questions a week ago and last week or so I cut back on my carbs before starting induction.

I am on my 2nd day and feel great, just wondering , I know not to count carbs and not to gorge, but what about the amount of fat per day what is that supposed to be ??

the problem comes in when i work nights, i work 12 hour shifts, and i tend to eat while at work instead of at home.

just wanting to make sure I dont eat too much or too little.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 20:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile Hello

Welcome! If you are hungry EAT! lol The thing I love most about Atkins is I eat when ever I'm hungry! If I want a late night snack I eat cheese cubes and pepperoni slices! Never let yourself get extremely hungry! If you feel hungry eat an allowed food or snack! Best of luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 20:13

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

Protein = 25%
Fat = 70%
Carbs = 5%
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 20:32

Plan: Smart Carb,Atkins,low fat
Stats: 197.5/189.5/150 Female 5feet 4 inches
BF:in a relationship
Progress: 17%
Default Great question

Although I read the Atkins book a number of times, (not cover to cover, just sections) I had a hard time getting just what to do. With this web site, I have gotten terrific help. If you are doing Induction with Atkins, you need to consume a maximum of 20 carbs per day. That is for two weeks, or until you want to move on to the next phase. There is a carb counter in the front of the book or on this web site. I too am at work during the day and have to take food with me. This week I barbqued a bunch of chicken and steak, and snacked on that all week. Made salad with tomato and cucumber and peppers, with Salad dressing. One day i had a big smile and said I just can't believe we can eat like this!!It is all that I have stayed away from for so long. I am excited and looking forward to my next week. xo
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 23:47

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

You do need to read the book (if you haven't). Either buy or borrow from the library, Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (DANDR) or visit the website: http://atkinscenter.com/index.html
because in Induction you do need to count carbs, Dr. A. wants you to limit them to 20g a day. Also, on the website, there is a list of Induction-acceptable foods. Do pay attention to the Special Category Foods as there are daily limits imposed there. Good luck on your LC journey!!!