Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 07:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%
Default scale addict!!!!!!!!!

So is anyone addicted to the scale like me. Its so damn addictive and sometimes maddening to boot. I guess there are worse things to be addicted to but weighing myself everyday can be great oneday and crap the next. I alway thought since I was not a woman and have have cycles of water retention I was immune. Every morning I go into my bathroom ( yes my wife and I have our own bathrooms) do my business and swear I wont get on the scale. then after washing my hands dammit if I dont just hop right up on it and peer down. If its great my days great . If its bad my day just sucks and I second guess everything!!!!! Really I am just venting here!!!!!!!

Last edited by ian559 : Sat, Sep-20-03 at 08:46.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 08:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

When I started out I weighed once a week. Then I went to measuring on Wednesday and weighing on Saturday. Pretty soon I was weighing and measuring on Wednesday AND Saturday. Now I weigh any damn day I feel like it which can sometimes be several days in a row.
The good news is that I now know with certainty that I needn't get concerned in the occasional jump in weight. We have a couple of shops and over the years we've learned the same thing...I don't care if sales are poor one day and I don't get quite so excited if sales are through the roof another day. It's the weeks, months and years that matter. Isn't life like that in general?
This week I started at 205, dropped to 204, then one day jumped to 208 (!) but here I am at the official weighing day and I'm at 203 ...down 2lbs and right on target. So long as I stick to my routine that I've developed it seems to work perfect!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 08:40

Stats: 178/153.4/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

I can't help it either. I get on the darn thing every single morning. I know I can't lose weight overnight but I sure don't want to see the scale creep up any! And of course its a digital, can't get those things to lie a bit! lol
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 08:47

Oh I stick to my routine. I do not want to have to loose this weight again like last time. I really was just venting. Its maddening that we dont get our "instant" rewards in life. But like everything else we have to work for it. We all want to loose what took years to gain in a week.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 13:02

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 270/256/175 Female 5.5
BF:Afraid to Know
Progress: 15%
Unhappy

Oh i wish i had the guts to throw that darn thing out. i am obsessed with it and i don't know what to do. like you... i step on that stupid thing everyday and ofcourse it determins what kind of day i will have. I mean i need to weigh myself but how do i limit it to just once a week? this can't be healthy. i was even thinking that i should put it at the back of my car, that way i can't just step on it on impulse. if i do that and still manage to go all the way downstairs, outside to weigh myself........it's a wrap...............i'm doomed!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 13:10
Nequaquam Vacuum!

Plan: The Zone, Fat Flush
Stats: 178.5/147.5/147.7 Female 64 inches
BF:more than enough
Progress: 101%

I tried putting mine in a different room but just ended up dragging it back to my bathroom (I have my own bathroom, too!) during the second week of induction I got on that thing about three times a day. It's digital so at least I can't do the trying to find the right balance to get it to go down a pound.
The funny thing is, I KNOW my pants are fitting better, even just after two and a half weeks, but still those tiny red numbers between my feet every morning have such a hold over my emotional state for the day. It doesn't help that I work out of the home (freelance writer) and can weigh myself at will.
--jasmine
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 13:35
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

I weigh everyday.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 13:45

It does not make me cheat just makes me out of sorts
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 15:09

Stats: 214/177/140 Female 5'6''
BF:35/28/23
Progress: 50%

I weigh obsessively too....but I don't let it determine my day. Maybe I have an extra spring in my step on mornings when I'm down another pound, but I don't bum out when it's up. But I definitely can't stay off the thing.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 15:45

Stats: 185/170.5/145 Female 63in
BF:39%/34.7%/24%
Progress: 36%

it even affects the way i respond to my husband (regarding the wild monkey dance *wink*)
isn't that the silliest thing you ever heard? like a pound lost makes me a vixen all of a sudden, where if im up a half pound i feel like a bloated week-dead toad!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 16:00
"Princess" of Norway

Plan: Atkins / Lindberg
Stats: 187/169/143 Female 162 cm
BF:Yes
Progress: 41%

Oh, I'm so glad others have this addiction as well.... here is a quote from my journal today:

"I should not have gone on the weight this morning, but I did.......(my weigh in day is Monday) 164,25 lbs/74,5 kilos.............I know I'm retaining water, can see it on my ankles..I know it's not fat, so I shouldn't worry. But I have to find out what makes me retain water....probably the macadamias (salted)."

I try not to, but the darn thing has this magnetic effect on me...
everyone is telling me I shouldn't.....

Last edited by Nille : Sat, Sep-20-03 at 16:04. Reason: grammar ..a mistake I saw myself ...