Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 23:08

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%
Default Do I do something wrong when I WO mo-wed-fri-sat?

Hi there!

Instead of doing the BFL to the letter, i've changed the times I'm doing the workouts. I still exercise 6x/week but not on the days given. As of next week, even less

Now:
mon UBWO (or LBWO)
tues: swim (but in sedate pace)
wed: LBWO (or UBWO) and immediately afterwards: spinning
thurs: off
fri: UBWO (or LBWO)
sat: spinning and afterwards depletion fullbody WO because of carbo-loading (I'm on a CKD-diet with 20g carbs/day and 1 day of 500 g carbs/day, FBWO = to deplete glycogen from muscles. Carboloading is for filling the muscles up again).
sun: free

Next week:
mon UBWO (or LBWO) and in evening: aquajogging
tues: free
wed: LBWO (or UBWO) and immediately afterwards: spinning
thurs: off
fri: UBWO (or LBWO)
sat: spinning
sun: free (or sedate swim).

I am addicted to spinning but the only days I can do a lesson in the morning, are wed & sat. I have to cycle 9 miles to the gym (which I don't count as it's mostly at a sedate pace or at best, a fastish constant pace).
The swimming proved to be impossible to do BFL-style and since running is out and spinning 3x/week might get stale (plus it didn't sound right to spin tues ev & wed morning), I thought about aquajogging. Kind of running in water.. This should give enough exercise. Also, it will help me in getting back into ketosis Mon evening (now it's Tues afternoon).

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 23:14

A short explanation.
the gym is 9 miles away (14 km for the non-metrically challenged). I really enjoy cycling the distance in day time but it's boring at night plus I don't get the benefits of sunlight on my sun-devoid-body (I'm on 51 degrees N, so it gets kinda gloomy and dark in winter).

So, that's why I don't like going there at night (no I don't have a car or don't know anyone going there). It is a gym I joined because of the spinning lessons, which is now finally catching on.. there is 1 more gym closer, but it allows smoking (YUK!). So, I really prefer going there.
They close on Sunday though..

The swimming pool is in my own town and cycling there at night is no problem.. their aquajogging lessons are on Mon or Wed evening only..
I thought it might even be a good idea to workout 6 times but only on 4 days at it enhances muscle recovery and muscle growth.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 05:09

Plan: CKD Sept '02
Stats: 280/240/200
BF:
Progress: 50%

maybe it is just me but it seems like BFL and CKD just dont work well together. It seemed like Jalilah had lots of problems getting them to work together and it looks like you are too.

The workout schedules and eating schedules just dont seem to work well together.

It seems to me that a TKD diet would work much better with the BFL program. That way you can do the mini carb loads to coincide with your workouts and you can still maintain the BFl workout schedule.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 06:30

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I have to agree with Big Dog here. I've done BFL and I've done some CKD. Incorporating the two just doesn't seem to jive.

What about doing BFL w/ the odd 'refeed' a la CKD?

From what I've done and what I've seen others do, trying to incorporate the two eventually leads to a straight CKD - or a TKD.

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 16:45

I can give it a try, but am afraid that TKD might lead to new carb cravings
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-02, 13:03

OK, you win.. today I ate the leftovers from last week (not out of date) and felt bloated immediately after finishing..

So, I will start combining the Fantomalt (maltodextrin) in the morning with fresh cheese (quark) and wheypowder drink. I take half upon arrival in the gym and the other half after then workout or after spinning.

Today I didn't feel like spinning since I was still extremely sore from yesterday's new exercise for the gluteus (squat lunge & step up), which I also do to increase strength in my feet..

This is a problem I'm still struggling with.. adequate muscle but very weak joints and rather small bones (small feet and wrists). How can I strengthen those? Today I did an exercise e.g. with rolling a 1 kg dumbbell from the wrist to the tip of the fingers and back.. supposedly a good exercise for the wrist. Also rolling up a string with a 2,5 kg weight disk attached is stressful but said to be good...
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 16:26

Default Still the other question!

How vital is it to do cardio on Tues-Thurs-Sat and weight training on Mon-Wed-Fri?
I've just come back from a cardio lesson: aquajogging, where you do aerobics exercises in the water and also walk in it wearing a floating belt. This morning I did upper body.
Tomorrow when I should have done cardio, I rest.
Wednesday I do both LBWO and immediately afterwards spinning
Thursday rest
Friday UBWO
Saturday spinning.
When Friday would be LBWO, I'll do a spinning class on the same day as well...

So, how vital is it to alternate days or is it OK, as long as you do cardio 3 times/week?