Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:50
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 397/364/154 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default At 348 Pounds I Need Some Serious Help And Support

[FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrange]
Hey you all i am Roch, i am a 35 and a single mum to a gorgeous 11yr old son. I weigh 348 pounds and have tried low carbing on 2 different occasions, i joined slimming world 2 weeks ago where i lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks but i know deep down that i am a serial carb addict and yo yo dieter and have been for most of my life. I have been fat all my life, i do not know what it is like to be abe to go swiming on the beach without a massive teeshirt on and everyone staring at you, or to wear shorts in the summer, or even to fly on a plane comfortably.
I am sick and tired of having a second rate life because of my size, so yesterday i decided enough us enough"TODAY I TAKE CONTROLL OF MY LIFE AND STOP KILLING MYSELF SLOWLY BY STUFFING CARBS NON STOP IN MY MOUTH". We all know that we should not drink poision so we do not do it, so why do i or we continue to eat carbs when we know it it no good for us.
This is really hard for me, today is my second day of induction and so far i am doing ok, but i would welcome any tips,advice sucess stories, menu`s and moral support to keep me on the straight and narrow and hopefully 2 months down the road, hooefully i will be able to be the one offering hope to all other low carb
newbies, so hope to hear from you all soon, take care, luv Rochxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:15

Stats: 350/307/185 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:51%
Progress: 26%

Dear Roch
WElcome!!
I' glad that you found us, and are trying the LCing again. Getting off the carbs can be very hard.

My highest weight was somewhere over 360 lbs. I am know down to around 313. THere are a lot of people of this forum who have lost significant amounts of weight doing LC. I know that losing weight can happen on this WOE. FOr me though, it was like being let out of a prison. I can now walk past the candy aisle at the store and not start salivating. CHocolate no longer calls to me in my sleep.

I have found at least a modicum of control over carbs as long as I don't make poor food choices. Like I did this weekend, (you can read my journal if you want the details...)
This forum is a wonderful place for support, and I have just recently found out that it is much harder for me to stay with LC when I am not active on this board.

Good Luck to you, and hang in there, it will get better.

Rena
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:32
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

You're at the right place for support and understanding! And a great way to lose weight and gain health!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:41

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi Roch,

Welcome to the TDC! Browse around in the threads and people's journals and you will find all that you need and more.

Low-carb is a wonderful way to live.

Tracy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:41

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

The advice that works for me is to take each meal/snack one at a time....I also have no goodies in my house....only what's on the ATkin WOE.
I visit low carb forums daily to keep inspired. Getting out for a walk every day is doing it's wonders too! I'm so thankful to be mobile again that I'm filled with hope each day.
You'll find tons of support here Roch. No one said it will be easy. We will try our best to keep you on track.
Welcome to the Triple Digits Club...
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 12:48

Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

welcome your in the right place to be.
The only place where "Being A Loser" is a compliment
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 12:52

Stats: 180/174.5/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

I have been on for two weeks, and talk about a carb addict! after three days I lost 90% of the cravings, and I have to live with the other 10, i guess. Good Luck, Keep LCing!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 13:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269/221/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hello Roch-

I have found that my greatest source of strength and support comes from visiting this site. Just log on any time that you feel weak and you will gain strengh from the stories told here.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 13:36

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi Roch,
Where in North London do you live? I'm American but lived in the Highgate area for two years in the early 90s. I've been on Atkins for almost 5 months and have lost almost 40 pounds! I'm still heavy but the loss has made significant improvement in how I feel and my comfort at certain things, like fitting in airplane seats.

It's important at the beginning to eat low carb foods whenever you start feeling deprived. Don't think you have to cut calories or count them at all during induction. Be sure to keep things at home you like to eat. Make deviled eggs or cook up some chicken drumsticks, buy sliced meat at the grocery store--whatever you enjoy.

Good luck.

Diane
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 13:42

Stats: 343/295/160 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 26%

Welcome and good luck on this WOL. We are right around the same stats so it will be neat to watch your progress. Good Luck again!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 14:39

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome to the forum and to the Triple Digits Club, Roch!

It's true, this is the best place to share your experiences and to learn from ours. Don't get me wrong, the other areas of the forum are equally as beneficial, but here you'll find many people who understand the challenges life presents for bigger folks.

As far as advice, I have 2 bits for you. The first is to be prepared--that means have LC foods in your house or already prepared so that you stay on plan. In a short time this will be second nature to you. My other bit of advice would be to sit back and navigate all over this forum. There are discussions of probably everything you need in order to educate yourself in this way of eating (WOE). Take advantage of this--it's all FREE!

Good luck on your LC journey!

Donald
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 14:54
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hey Roch! Way to go on deciding to take control of your life! It really is worth it!

While it's true there are a lot of things we can never again eat, there are also lots of things out there we never knew just how GOOD they were. Now is your chance to find the things that you REALLY enjoy, and are perfectly FREE to eat!

Personally, I've been eating the Bacon Ranch salad they have at McDonalds here and I LOVE it! Other foods I've gotten have tasted like heaven now that my body isn't saturated with all the sugar and carbs.

So, look on the bright side. You have a wonderful life ahead of you. You just have to find it.

Go for it Roch! You'll be SO glad you did!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 15:03

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hi Roch:

You have come to the right place for support and knowledge.

I see you started a journal and that's great. We can come visit you and see how things are going.

Good luck to you on your journey.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 16:52

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Glad you found the TDC! It feels so good to be around people who know what we're going through. Wishing you the best!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 16:58
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

Welcome Roch. Congratulations on making the decision to take control of your life. In just a short time, you'll be amazed at how good you feel.