Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 06:59

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%
Default Can I get a drumroll please?!

HEHE! so, i go to the drs this morning & anxiously, nervously step on the scale. i couldnt even believe it when i slid the thing over to 200 pounds and it was too much. i was so exstatic to move it back to 150 and then move the little one up. 198 pounds! UNDER 200!!!! omg i almost died. i was so friggen excited, but tried to keep it in to not make a fool out of myself LoL so, the nurse looks at my chart and is like "oh my goodness, you lost 81 pounds!!!!" and she gave me a big ol hug. haha i was like.. noooo- that can't be right. and she looked again and was like- "oh, thats what u weighed in january" when i was full term pregnant with my baby girl & 279 ~ the time. at my post pardum checkup, i had lost 40 pounds in baby weight and was down to 239... and i started dieting about 2 weeks later. and now i'm 198! so, i've lost 41 pounds since starting LCing almost 2 months ago. i was hoping for a 20 pound loss & i've lost 41 pounds! i'm so happy at the same time, i feel like i don't feel that much different than i did in january. i feel like where the hell did those 81 pounds go? some days when im in the shower, i look down and still look pregnant. i still feel just as overweight as i ever was.. granted i still have 63 pounds to go, so, i am still severely overweight, and still fat, but you think i would feel different or look different after losing 41 pounds- or 81 for that matter. but not really. but whatever man- i lost 41 pounds!!! im sure my mental picture will catch up with the physical one eventually
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 07:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220.5/211.2/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Congrats!! I have gone under to 200 mark today too It feels good!

I can see a difference in my body though, my shoulders stick out now.. trimmer waistline and hips.. seems to be a nice all over slimdown.. my skirts and so loose too it gives me the encouragement I need to keep going

Well done, keep up the good work!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 07:22

Plan: LC Lifestyles Plan
Stats: 333/240/190 Male 6'0"
BF:31.5%/26.95%/8%
Progress: 65%

WooooooooHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Way to go Crystal!!! That is awesome to have lost twice what you were hoping for!! Keep up the great work!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 07:31
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!! <pouting>

I want to be under 200 too!!!!!!!! <more pouting>

Okay, time to be a grown up, no more pouting.

Truly, I'm very happy for you, that is absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

Valerie
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 08:01

Stats: 372/342/185 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 16%

that is awesome - way to go! i would love to lose 20 pounds a month!!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 08:14

Stats: 272/199/175 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Congrats! Although like Valerie, I am very jealous because I can't wait for the day I can slide that big weight over to 150 instead of 200!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 08:18
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemman
HEHE! so, i go to the drs this morning & anxiously, nervously step on the scale. i couldnt even believe it when i slid the thing over to 200 pounds and it was too much. i was so exstatic to move it back to 150 and then move the little one up. 198 pounds! UNDER 200!!!! omg i almost died. i was so friggen excited, but tried to keep it in to not make a fool out of myself LoL so, the nurse looks at my chart and is like "oh my goodness, you lost 81 pounds!!!!" and she gave me a big ol hug. haha i was like.. noooo- that can't be right. and she looked again and was like- "oh, thats what u weighed in january" when i was full term pregnant with my baby girl & 279 ~ the time. at my post pardum checkup, i had lost 40 pounds in baby weight and was down to 239... and i started dieting about 2 weeks later. and now i'm 198! so, i've lost 41 pounds since starting LCing almost 2 months ago. i was hoping for a 20 pound loss & i've lost 41 pounds! i'm so happy at the same time, i feel like i don't feel that much different than i did in january. i feel like where the hell did those 81 pounds go? some days when im in the shower, i look down and still look pregnant. i still feel just as overweight as i ever was.. granted i still have 63 pounds to go, so, i am still severely overweight, and still fat, but you think i would feel different or look different after losing 41 pounds- or 81 for that matter. but not really. but whatever man- i lost 41 pounds!!! im sure my mental picture will catch up with the physical one eventually

I'm so happy for you. Welcome to Onederland.

I know how you feel too, looking at yourself in the shower and thinking, gosh I need to lose alot more weight. But there are days when I can feel the difference, I feel lighter and the way I walk is different, sexier even. DH has even started calling me Babe. I know my mental picture will catch up too, with time, as will yours. Keep up the great work. I'm so proud of you.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 08:25
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Congratulations! Sounds to me like you might be almost happy about the new weight. (wink)
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 09:20

Plan: Whole30
Stats: 300/269.2/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Congrats Crystal - that's great!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 09:26

Stats: 296/258/136 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:Lots, definately
Progress: 24%

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is sooo awesome =)!!!!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 09:31
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

congrats!
i bet if you took pictures you'd see the change between two monthes ago and now the mind tends to see whatever it wants but pictures don't lie
anyways congrats on being in onderland
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 11:09
Beautifully Chaotic

Stats: 334.5/320.0/150.0 Female 63 inches / 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 8%

Yeah!!!! Congrats!!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 11:07

Stats: 234/160.8/150 Female 173
BF:37%/27%/23%
Progress: 87%

WOW Crystal!
I was hoping you would post your dr. visit.
I remember reading that you would only weigh in this week and were hoping for 20 lbs! What a double surprise!

Keep up the good work! You'll be at goal soon!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 15:58

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 322/240/140 Female 5'6''
BF:I have no idea
Progress: 45%

Congratulations. That is an awesome weigh-in. You deserve a long, long drumroll. Marty
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 16:52

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

thank u so much guys!!! my next "weigh-in" will be mid-july. even tho im doing good, i know i can be doing better and im going to work on it. mostly try to cut down on the snacking and drink more water- and add some resistance training too. this will probably cause me to lose slower or maybe even stall since i will be building muscle, but hopefully it will up my metabolism and cause me to inevitably lose. i'm hoping for another 15 pound loss by mid july... which is like 6 weeks- think its doable now that i've reaped the benefits of the initial flush and probably gonna slow a bit?