Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 11:08
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Talking I made it!

I made it through a trip to the State Fair with my son without going off-plan!!!

I "saved" enough carbs to allow myself a few of my son's old-fashioned sweet-potato fries, otherwise I had a burger without the bun, and drank water and one diet soda.

After we had our share of fun.. wich involved a total of about three miles of walking, pushing his wheelchair everywhere, we went to the mall for supper. We went to Subway, and I had the Subway Club as a salad. I wasn't even tempted to "help" him with his M&M cookie. I went to the GNC Store, and got myself some Keto oatmeal/raisin bars (3g carbs each, no sugal alcohols listed) and had one for dessert on the ride home.

I feel so virtuous today.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 11:10
Fit and Happy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Way to go!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 11:15
Registered Member

Stats: 148/144/130 Female 5"5"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Excellent!
It really builds your confidence when you successfully get thru a situation that is so tempting. Makes getting thru a regular seem easier. I bet with all the walking you'll be rewarded with a mini whoosh too!
Tricia
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 14:57
Fully Caffeinated

Default Smug Satisfaction...

...is it's own reward, I guess! I'm still battling the same stall I've been in for a couple of months, but resisting those fried Twinkies and mini doughnuts was proof that I don't HAVE to give in to temptation just because I have the chance.

I'm at the point of giving up, so not "throwing in the towel" really IS making it easier to make the choice to stay on plan.

Thanks for your words of encouragement.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 15:01
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Way to go! I am going to our county fair this weekend, and planning to stay away fro the cotton candY!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 17:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 217/209/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 10%

Awesome! It is all about making a decision - and sounds like you did. I do really bad when I know I CAN'T have something. But if I tell myself that I could if I really wanted but CHOOSE not to, I usually do better.
I'm a creature of convenience tho and I'm lazy to boot - don't like to cook and like to have 'fast food'. That is where I'm having trouble. I'm current frying up a couple burger patties to top with cheese and lettuce and feeling rather proud! LOL
Traci
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 17:20

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%

Way to go!!! Keep up the good work, one day/outing at a time!!

#8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 17:26

Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%

YOU GO GIRLY!!!!

That is the best feeling in the world to be able to do that!

I think it is a lot easier than sticking to a Weight Watchers kind of diet all day long
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 19:42

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hey good for you, it's alot easier is'nt it, when you are in the right mind set, I think I can count on one hand how many times since jan, I wished I could eat something, it lasted about 3 seconds! Amazing how we can adapt. The last thing was the other night dining out, my son had a chocolate Mocha cake, well, the smell was to die for ! But I got through him and hubby eating 2 pieces each! Just had a bit of my Pure Delight n/s bar, soon as I got in the car. LOL

Keep up the good work

Kathy
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 20:53
Fully Caffeinated

Right now, I'm doing mental battle with my son's bag of kettle corn he got at the fair. It's taunting me!!! I convinced him to hurry up and eat it, and send half to his sister, so I WILL have the last laugh!!

That's my demon.. my son is disabled, and needs help with certain foods that elude his motor skills... particularly spaghetti, which he loves but can't eat without assistance. If you ever need to exercise your willpower, feel free to come over on Wednesdays.