Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 17:13

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 294/260/185 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Great Feeling!

Every year I dread getting my winter clothes out and finding out which ones won't fit. Well this year lots of them don't fit but I don't mind. I'm down 30 lbs and it's made a big difference in my clothes. Haven't been able to wear my leather coat for 2 years but I put it on and zipped right up. What a great feeling. I'm taking everything that's too big to the Goodwill so I won't be able to fall back on it. I'm on a one way street, going down.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 17:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

What a great attitude!!!!!! keep it up
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 21:59

Stats: 400/372/130 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 10%

I just told my husband tonight that I'm glad I have lots of sweatsuits left over from my smaller weight - 350 - still in storage. I freeze these days and I'm looking forward to wearing those warm suits when we get into the cold weather because I'll be able to fit in them again! Yey! Believe it not, getting into those sweats again is one of my mini-goals. Hope you enjoy your leather jacket for the short time you'll fit in it! What a great idea to get rid of "too big" clothes. I can't wait to make a trip to the thrift store with all my 4 and 5 X clothes!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 22:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I'm getting rid of my clothes as they get too big too. Dr. Phil made a good statement, regardless of if you like him or not. He said that if you hang on to the bigger sizes that somewhere, in the back of your mind, you are thinking that you will fail and need them again. Made sense to me so bye bye big sizes! Congratulations on your success!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 06:19

Stats: 166/125.5/130 Female 66"
BF:24%
Progress: 113%

I did this too! Giving them to the Salvation Army or Goodwill is a double bonus. Not only are you getting rid of clothes you'll never wear again, you're giving them to an organization that helps the needy!

Julie
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 09:51

Stats: 400/372/130 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 10%

After I wrote my post, I realized I should have mentioned giving my clothes to the Disabled Veterans. My mom introduced me to this organization. They actually pick up anything you want to donate and I'm really happy to support the men and women of our Armed Forces.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 10:12
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

That is sooo great for you guys... that does make it is sooo sweet when you are losing weight and helping others... Congrats!

And keep up the great work.