Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 19:02
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%
Red face changed my goal weight

I was about 7 pounds from my goal weight and took a long hard look . It made me realise that I needed to lose alot more than that. I changed it from 145 to 135.
I know I just made the road a lil longer but we all know our own bodies and mine needs less jiggle,lol. In a way Im kind of feeling down tonight but it will pass.
Back to induction I go starting Wednesday.Take care all.
Angel
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 19:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/150/150 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I know what you mean. I'm pretty close to my goal weight and I think, no I know I am going to set my goal for 140 as soon as I get to 150. When I met my fiance, I weighed 140 and I want to get back to that.

Good Luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 19:20
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Angel! Congrats on your loss so far. Why do you need to go back to induction level carbs? I noticed that when I increased my carbs to 35g my weight loss did not change. Just a suggestion don't go back to induction.

red
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 19:26
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Maybe your right red1cutie, about the carbs.
I guess you could say I was stricter with myself when on induction.Diet soda has gotta go. Thank you
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 19:50

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I changed my goal weight, also, a while back. My original goal was 150, too! My reasons then were based on my reread of Atkins and his encouragement to set your goals high (or low, as the case may be ). Now that I'm getting close to that original goal weight I know that I made the right decision...even though, like you, I wish my goal was still 150 because I'd be SO much closer. So I know what you mean about being a bit down about it. But in a day or so you will get over that. You've come SO far already and have SO much to be proud of and encouraged about. Congratulations!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 20:06

Stats: 220/210/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:
Red face goal weight.

I was interested in all of your replies re goals. I began this diet on Jan 4/04 and think I have lost 25 or so lbs. My scales vary allot. I am 5'3" and am supposed to weigh 135 I am presently 214. In my head this is a huge amount,/ I have an apple shaped body and have kept my weight around my middle. My measure, are 46-44-50 bust waist hip. I am a therapist and have good muscles etc.
I know I have more to lose but has anyone else been freaked out. I love the changes and the first 20 or so are the easiest for me. Any words for me out there ? Feeling very insecure today
Hilary