Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 01:44
Registered Member

Plan: George Stella
Stats: 192/182/135 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 18%
Thumbs up Red Lobster & Outback

I just finished induction. I am so please for a nice start. My husband and I went to Red Lobster. They were so accomadating to my way of eating. It was wonderful and the same for Outback. It was the best weekend. At Red Lobster they say they will do everything the way I wanted and they did.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 07:55
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

One thing I really enjoy about this eating style is the fact that I can go out to eat. Have a good meal, and still stay on plan!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 08:56

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryToU
One thing I really enjoy about this eating style is the fact that I can go out to eat. Have a good meal, and still stay on plan!

Ditto! I really like Outback and Red Lobster - good food for a decent price. Plus I could never find anything yummy to eat there when I was doing low-fat.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 08:59
Getting back to me

Plan: LC WW
Stats: 176/167.2/145 Female 5'7" in
BF:
Progress: 28%

Isn't it great!?!? Chili's and TGIFridays are on the bandwagon as well!

Dana
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 09:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Outback has always been my favorite place to do LC. What more could we ask for than a big NY strip steak, salad, and steamed vegetables? (used to be able to get naked wings there, but they don't have them any more)

It's funny, my inlaws took us there for my bday one year, and I ate the above while they all split a bloomin' onion then went on to eat the bread, potatoes, and huge desserts ON TOP of the above, and then told me that my way of eating wasn't healthy.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 10:40

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

LOL Rosie - a lot of my relatives look at my like I'm totally insane for sticking to meat and veggies with berries or melon. They, in the meantime, are chowing down on so much processed flour and sugar I almost get ill watching them!

And they say we're not eating healthy. LOL

When I eat at my brother's house I have to take my own veggies and something like berries for desert. The meat is always okay, but my SIL makes up these salads with homemade dressing loaded with sugar then serves them with the other side dish being a very starchy veg or starchy grain.

So who's being healthy & who isn't. I'd think with the amount of diabetes in my family my brothers would want to eat the way I do instead of all the processed sugar & junk.

shortstuff
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 11:37

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie Real
Outback has always been my favorite place to do LC. What more could we ask for than a big NY strip steak, salad, and steamed vegetables? (used to be able to get naked wings there, but they don't have them any more)

It's funny, my inlaws took us there for my bday one year, and I ate the above while they all split a bloomin' onion then went on to eat the bread, potatoes, and huge desserts ON TOP of the above, and then told me that my way of eating wasn't healthy.

you can still order their wings "naked" so you can eat them w/o the breading, i do it all the time
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 11:04

Plan: CAD maintenance
Stats: // Female 63
BF:
Progress: 123%

YUM I love Red Lobster! A new one just opened where we live. What did you order there? I usually get the salmon or surf n turf (steak and lobster) and my friends/family and I split an order of king crab legs, drowning in butter of course. Glad to see someone else had a good experience eating there. Just watch out for those cheddar biscuits.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 11:29
Registered Member

Plan: George Stella
Stats: 192/182/135 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 18%
Wink Red Lobster & Outback

I got crab legs, scampi, lobster, steamed veges, salad. They gave me an extra thing of scampi instead of the potatoe. I found out the scampi is just made with real butter, garlic and parsley. Dipping this all in the butter was lavish!!!! Thanks for all your replies.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 12:34

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

oh no really? they still have them at ours luckily