Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 19:57
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Default Starting over on Monday...

After falling off the wagon with a resounding THUD during my son's hospitalization, I've decided to start over on Atkins beginning Monday,my regular weigh-in day.

Over the last two weeks, I know I've put on several pounds since I've not only been eating junk, but my clothes are tighter. While keeping him company, I wore mainly sweats, and putting regular jeans back on, I can feel it.

Mondays are my usual weigh-in day, so I figured it's a good day for a clean start. I'll be able to get rid of the temptations, and he'll be well enough to start half-days of school after his appointment tuesday for the removal of the stitches and bandages. This means I'll be able to make the 20-mile trip to the grocery store to keep up my supplies of lettuce and other fresh veggies!

I'm SO glad the whole thing is over.... now it's time to get back to "normal".
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 20:59

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

potatofree,
Glad your son is better and good luck starting on Monday. I know you can do it, just look at how much you have already accomplished! Take care.
Marie
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 21:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206.2/196.0/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 15%

I'm happy to hear your son is so much better! That must have been so difficult. Good for you for getting right back on the wagon! Way to go!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 22:29
ArtificiallyFlavored

Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

You know what... I've been saying for over a month that I was going back on induction. And I've had this excuse, or that... but Moday sounds like a good day to me too. I have to go grocery shopping that day, so I am going to arm myself with an induction friendly shopping list. Maybe it will help knowing someone in North Dakota is doing it too.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 23:03

Stats: 182/170/143 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 31%

Potatofree,
Sounds like you've been through a lot, I'm sorry to hear about your son. But Monday's a great day to start induction again...as a matter of fact I'm going to join the club and do the same thing...
Congrats on your weight loss so far. You look great and you've done excellent, so keep up the great work.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 23:08
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Its hard, going back to induction levels when your accustomed to moderate levels, but you will feel a ton better in a few days. Not only with jeans fitting, but hopefully more energy and clear thought now when your son needs it most.

Maybe if he's well enough you two can go back to hitting the pool for some added exercise to help things along
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 23:42
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Wishing your son a quick recovery and to you a return to a peaceful life.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 23:52
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

I'm going back on induction in the am. I made sure there were no left-overs coming home with "the boys" tonight. Lord was that an effort! My mother was really pushing that I take lots of food home. Uh-uh, no way! It's back to tuna for me.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 03:46
Too kinky for you

Stats: 265/246/187 Male 176 cm
BF:xxx/27.2/20
Progress: 24%

Hey Tator...
Good luck with getting back on track! Though I have no doubt you're gonna do fine - you're far stronger than I think I could ever be...
I'm so glad that they got to the bottom of what was ailing Steven.

Take care
S
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 10:11
Fully Caffeinated

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Sinbad-- when it comes to kids, we FIND the strength. Giving up just isn't an option. That's the one thing I know for sure!

I guess I COULD just start right now... but, even if it makes no sense and would make Dr Phil cringe I just want a couple more days of shameless self-indulgence before I start over... Old habits die hard with the comforting myself with food, but die they will come monday morning!!! As much as I dread the weigh-in, I feel like I'll be doubly determined to succeed. I need to be there for Steven, and I'm not going to let the extra weight get in the way!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 15:49

Stats: 162/141.2/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:Not A Clue!!
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
- when it comes to kids, we FIND the strength. Giving up just isn't an option. That's the one thing I know for sure!

Boy, I'll second that statement!

So glad things are looking up for everyone concerned! Monday sounds like a good day to get back on track. I try to keep in my mind everyday....TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE.......and go from there~

Best wishes and good vibes are being sent your way!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 14:36
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Potato--
I just read the last few pages of your journal (covering the last few weeks), and want to join others in sending up a hosanna that Steven is ok. As far as starting induction on Monday, and taking the weekend as a time of "shameless self-indulgence"--go for it! Monday lots of us will be joining you (and Mr.E, but that's a different thread...)

Jude
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 15:18

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Best of luck, PotatoFree! And I hope your little guy will feel so much better soon. I know what you mean about kids and finding the strength. Overall I've been very blessed with the health of my children, but it seemed our youngest was sick more than he wasn't until he was two. It was rough--especially for two pushin' 40 parents.

So best wishes to you and yours!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 20:19
Fully Caffeinated

Thanks, everybody!

I'm actually getting impatient with myself, so although I'm not quite ready for full-on induction yet, I'm cutting WAY back from the carbs I was scarfing down... (I remember all too well the "yuckyness" I felt the first time around!) With all the getting up at night and lifting him I don't want to be going through withdrawals until he can sleep all night again and help transfer to his chair, instead of me lifting dead weight. He's getting there, and by Monday he'll be there, I'm sure. Tuesday we go get his stitches out on his head and tummy, so he'll feel MUCH better then. The itching is driving him nuts!

I gave in and stepped on the scale earlier, and refuse to accept a 12-lb gain in 12 days....it IS that TOM, so i guess it's best to wait until Monday a.m. like I should!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 20:00
Fully Caffeinated

I'm starting to have my doubts.... I should just START already, but haven't been able to get to the store to get proper supplies.

I'll have to spend the day tomorrow chanting "I think I can, I think I can..."