Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 12:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/179.5/140 Female 67 in
BF:TOO MUCH
Progress: 21%
Default Forgive me Dr Atkins for I have sinned!!!

Must confess that I blew it AGAIN! Had a big weekend -nieces wedding, out of town company, family gathering, etc, etc. I did TRY but blew it fri night with sangria and then again on Sun with picnic food. (I actually did VERY well Sat at the wdding itself).

Anyway, just a confession-Im back to the drawing board again with NO scheduled events coming up (till thanksgiving!). So, Ill have no excuses to cheat. Now, just praying that I get myself back into ketosis TOOT SWEEET!!

(btw-not worth it! I couldnt wait to get back to eating right! I feel so much better with THIS way of eating!!)

Now, with that off my chest-thanks for listining! L
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 12:55
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

If I were Catholic, I could probably have the words to continue this humerous analogy. But I'm not, so I'll just say that as long as you're back on the wagon, you'll be OK! We all slip up every now and then. The important thing is not letting one slip-up meal turn into a day, then a week, then a month... . You've done well by stopping yourself before you did too much damage. You've got the willpower to do this!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 13:48
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

There's always going to be an occasion... the trick is to figure out why you do really well...until.....

At some point, there's a thought in the process that lets you tell yourself it's okay to go off-plan. Next time you're in that situation, take note of what you're telling yourself in your mind...thoughts like "I was good all day..this one bite won't hurt..." or "If I go off now, I'll get right back on tomorrow..it's not going to hurt.." need to be hauled up and examined. Funny how just being conscious of it can help.

Once you've identified the "inner voices" it's time to challenge them..replace them with something else. Try getting away from the trigger, and concentrate on how good staying on-plan will make you feel..how you CAN control what you eat, how a piece of cake or a few beers feel good NOW, but are they worth staying overweight?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 15:23
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

For your penneces drink and extra 24ozs of water and go on a long walk my child to reflect upon your sins.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 15:24
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

That way my Catholic response.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 16:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/197/140 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 28%

Better make that a double water on the rocks for me too! And please wait for me to get my sneakers on so that we can walk together. Sat. was my bad.
I also suggest a gazillion "Hail Atkins" just to be sure all is well.

Out demon carbs....OUT!!!! And take the fat cells with you!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 16:59

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

I had a bad weekend too. Dinner guests on Saturday brought over homemade chocolate chip banana muffins and chocolate chip cookies. No matter how many times I said NO DESSERT!! They still brought it....I was weak.

Back on again today full throttle!
We can do this!
Natascha