Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 11:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%
Lightbulb NEW START: Sept 1st - Day 1

I sit here completely unmotivated, discouraged and ready to not bother at all. Of course, I won't stop LC'ing because frankly, what else is there? Those of us lifetime dieters know the answer to that. But I remain defeated nonetheless.

Since I originally started Atkins back in April, I have a net loss of 7 pounds as of this morning. That's because I gained a few, lost 1, gained on vacation, etc.... I have also indulged my sweet tooth on too many occasions which has thrown my whole system off and has thwarted any progress I began to make.

I confess, I admit... I'm one step away from flogging myself in repentance!!

Plus my brother has made me jealous with a 40 pound loss in two months. (I'd be at goal by then!) I know, men lose quicker...it just sucks so bad...

Today I have decided to start with a new date, a new starting weight and the right foods in the house. I don't really feel strong enough to do this, but one thing I will HAVE to add is exercise. I HATE it, but I have no choice. I have decided to do this a few weeks ago, but thought I'd better get the vacation out of the way first. Good idea, I gained 6 pounds camping.

I want to better keep track of my foods on fitday.com, but to be honest, I'm just not that disciplined. Once in a while I check to see how all my menus worked out, and usually I'm WAY over calories or something else just wasn't right.

But I've done this so long I really can make better choices on foods and portions. SO...I would appreciate anyone who may be starting over to share the ride ...and for those who have consistently offered band-aids to my scraped knees before...I am always reviewing your supportive replies to me and to others... please conitnue to stay close by!

So...here we go. Cancel all previous new "start dates"...this one is final:

Sept 1 - First day of Atkins Induction
Wt: 194 (cheated yesterday really bad)

Today's Breakfast: 18 oz. coffee (I know!!)
with about 2 oz. half and half and 3 sweet & Low packets.

Can someone give me the CARB COUNT on this brew??? Every time I check it out, something is different. I'd like to know for real. The caffeine doesn't seem to bother me, but I'm concerned about how many carbs I'm beginning my day with.

Will have a couple of eggs in butter and some bacon. Then I don't know what for the rest of today. But I will make it through and will check in with results by the end of my first week.

Thanks for listening...

Donna

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 18:34

Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool

Hi Donna!

I have decided also to start exercising on Sept 1. I have had two spinal surgeries and my back is not in the greatest of shape, so I have been very worried about exercising. But I have decided that I have lost enough to begin a workout that will not tax my back too much. I went on half.com and ordered the Pilates for bad backs (very cool!), a Leslie Sansone Walk a Mile in your Home, and a workout mat.

I strayed off of my WOE a few times this summer and, even though I still lost a couple of pounds, have beat myself up enough over it. So it is time to start doing something positive!

Autumn and Winter are my two favorate months - and now I am getting excited that the cooler months are just around the corner. This is enough incentive to get me started with my exercising!

We can do this, girl!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 19:12
Registered Member

Stats: 198/188.6/150
BF:41
Progress: 20%
Default I can sympathize

I completely understand your frustration and starting over. I feel like I have stopped and started so many times, lose a little/gain a lot, etc...I was determined to Start Day 1 for the LAST time on Wednesday. I knew the weekend might mess me up but had a plan of action to stay on course. I failed... back to Day 1 AGAIN today. I did well and have all hopes that 3 months from now I can say I am down 30 lbs (165).

You are right about the exercise - I too need to stay more motivated to be consistent with it.

Lets make a goal to believe in ourselves, all those other 'fails/slips' were simply practice-runs for this final time of being a true success story. We have to remember taking care of ourselves is THE most important thing in life and that WE are worth it! Why cant we be one of the many people that say 'I just lost 30 lbs in 3 months'. Just think - by Thanksgiving we will be saying this and feeling great about our bodies and accomplishments. The alternative; to let the next 3 months go by and feel miserable over the holidays.

Lets do this, I know we can....
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 23:55

Stats: 305.0/234.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi Donna

I think this is my 4th time on the diet lol, I am glad that you are back and starting again. We have to make it right this time and cheating is not an option!!!! I love this website because there is so much support here. One thing that I am doing different this time is I just joined a gym ( I signed a 2 year contract). So now I have to stick with it and workout a lot because there is no way that I am going to waste $65.00 a month not using it lol Keep up the good work we are here for you
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 10:27
Registered Member

Thanks everyone for your replies...I was hoping this morning would have a better spin on it than yesterday. So far, so good. I'm down to 193 - still killing me not to be in the "189 and going down" club that I started some weeks ago! But I suppose I'll get back to it shortly..

Yesterday I went to my local "cheapie buffet" restaurant with a friend...it is our place to pig out, although you can really stay true to LC there because there are so many choices. But staying away from the fresh cobbler with frozen yogurt on top has been rather hard for me (since that's the main reason I go!) But yesterday I went, had slices of roast beef, fresh broccoli, a good sized salad with dressing, a few tastes of turkey and lots of water. When she went to get her dessert, I got a little more roast beef and some cheese. I was dying for a few minutes there until I settled myself down and got common sense flowing through the brain! I KNOW what this all tastes like, I've had it before, I'll have it again...but for now, STAY THE COURSE.

Needless to say...I'm feeling quite good about that!

Tomorrow, I go to my local gym...you're right Vikki...once I spend that money, I'll have to get my butt in there.

Today is Day 2.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 14:20

Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 7%

Donna,

I just restarted myself, and I feel about like you write--frustrated, disgusted with not sticking with it. I'm getting over it though.

I know this is the WOE for me--I refuse to give up re-starting

I'm glad you started, again.........and I'm glad you are doing better in your second reply.

Quote:
...but for now, STAY THE COURSE.

Needless to say...I'm feeling quite good about that!

Absolutely

You go girl
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 17:42

Stats: 203/138/130 Female 5'4 1/2
BF:
Progress: 89%

Hey donna, I did not restart my diet i have been on it for 5 weeks and I want you to know, I am here for you.. I want to welcome you once again aboard.

this is not easy and I have to say it is down right evil the first two week, but after that (and a few pit falls) you will be in the drivers seat..

Good luck to you.......

vivian
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 20:36
Registered Member

Hello friends...had a pretty good dinner, lots of water, no dessert... and came home to good feedback and support.

What better way to spend Labor Day???

Cheers to all of us who are Works in Progress!!

#9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 08:47

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Hi all - I've been restarting each Monday for a while now, and got totally disgusted with myself this weekend. I did so well in January, but started blowing everything by March and haven't gotten any better. So, this weekend, I went down in my basement, cleaned it out, dusted off the treadmill, hooked up the stereo and TV down there and told myself "I have to do something" which I'm going to start exercising this evening - watch the news while treading. I bought all the right foods again and am going to put everything into fitday as I eat it and I always know what I'm going to eat for dinner. This time, I will not fail, I just keep telling myself, that I can do it, I am strong and I want to look great come the holidays. I felt so great when I stuck to this WOL before and am determined to do it again and not divert. Thanks for listening.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 09:05

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by DDMariana
Hello friends...had a pretty good dinner, lots of water, no dessert... and came home to good feedback and support.

What better way to spend Labor Day???

Cheers to all of us who are Works in Progress!!

you keep remembering we are here and you will always be happy you survived another day..

Good job

regard vivian
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 09:09

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by vbrowne
Hi all - I've been restarting each Monday for a while now, and got totally disgusted with myself this weekend. I did so well in January, but started blowing everything by March and haven't gotten any better. So, this weekend, I went down in my basement, cleaned it out, dusted off the treadmill, hooked up the stereo and TV down there and told myself "I have to do something" which I'm going to start exercising this evening - watch the news while treading. I bought all the right foods again and am going to put everything into fitday as I eat it and I always know what I'm going to eat for dinner. This time, I will not fail, I just keep telling myself, that I can do it, I am strong and I want to look great come the holidays. I felt so great when I stuck to this WOL before and am determined to do it again and not divert. Thanks for listening.

Any time you can do it this time, you sound as if you know what you want..

Now go for it.. You tided up and the dust is clean.. there are a heck of alot of news shows to choose from now...

You will do it and we will be here for you.. good for you on making the choice once again..

congrats

Vivian
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 10:19
Registered Member

Good Morning Day 3!!!

I had a pretty good day yesterday and today is the first day of school for me, so I am getting ready to prepare my lunch box with salami and cheese, egg salad and some celery stix for dipping.

Was 192 this morning...I can't believe I'm happy about that since I was pushing 187 a few weeks ago...but so be it. I'm proud to say that at least I caught that tiger by the tail before he devoured ALL my progress!!

Still need some help on my carb count for coffee though: I have a huge bowl of 16 oz. of coffee, 3 sweet and lows and about 2-3 oz. of half and half. Each time I try to check it, something is different. Anyone have any ideas? I'm SURE I have to count this brew...(too bad though!)

#13   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 10:52

BF:

donna, your doing great, listen to help you with the carb counting you can use fitday, it seems to be the place to be I have been using it since last week, hence with a little help from my friends here..

Keep up the great job

regards vivian