Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 09:37
Registered Member

Plan: My Own LC
Stats: 192/179/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default My Non-LC Eating Habits SUCK

Ok, I'm all done struggling with whether or not to eat LC. I started Atkins in August, stayed on program for 3 weeks, lost 9 pounds, felt great emotionally...very positive, didn't have a struggle eating LC during induction, and then for some reason I freaked out and told myself that I couldn't stay LC forever, Atkins probably isn't healthy in the long run, and on and on. I've gained back 7 pounds eating my normal favorites of bread, sweets, drinking beer, etc. and not eating enough vegetables, fiber, or protein and I'm bloated and blue. I am 41 years old and I really need to grow up when it comes to my body and health. I just had my blood work done (I'll get the results next week) and I know that my cholesterol will be high (it is usually around 200) and I hate taking medicine, and I know that eating LC will lower my cholesterol, and get me to the body I was made to have. I eat so much healthier and better when I stay LC and I feel physically and emotionally better when I stay LC, so as of right now I am back to LC way of eating, and really work on conquering the immaturity that I have developed over the years when it comes to mastering my eating habits and my health in general.

Thanks for letting me share with all of you, Sandy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 09:54

Plan: Fat Flush Plan
Stats: 233/146/150 Female 5ft 8inches
BF:22%
Progress: 105%

Stick to it, Sandy!

The good news is, you've recognized that NOT doing anything is a recipe for a fat life on medication.
The BETTER news is, LCing works in the long run and you will be slender/healthy and soooooooo much happier!

best wishes
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 10:31

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Also, bad habits call more bad eating

It's not just immaturity... it's carbs calling more carbs. There aren't all that many people who CAN eat well HC... it's just so much easier when you have stable blood sugar.

Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 14:07
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
...Atkins probably isn't healthy in the long run, and on and on. I've gained back 7 pounds eating my normal favorites of bread, sweets, drinking beer, etc.

I'm sure you probably realize the hypocracy in that statement now. What was healthy about eating your normal favorites?

Anyway, if you eat Atkins like I do, you'll probably be eating healthier than you ever have in your life. Lots of whole foods, tons of veggies, the best sorts of fruits (berries), nuts (in moderation) and low carb dairy. After you get past induction flu you'll probably feel absolutely terrific.

Anyway, congratulations on waking up and smelling the bbq! Best of luck to you.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-04, 21:26

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Well I'm glad you've finally come around. If you sincerely have any doubts as to the LC lifestyle. We'd be more than happy to give you our own accounts. How we drop fat and retain muscle while improving our cholesterol and other internal factors. After you have felt how good the LC WOE feels it confuses me as to why you would return to what you know to be an unhealthy lifestyle. Was it cravings? Was it just a simple lack of caring for your body? I suppose you had your personal reasons, but I am glad to see you back on your way again. I think a low carb diet is a great way to reduce excess body fat. At 41 you've got alot of years ahead to do alot of great things. Don't let weight and poor health keep you from living a great life. My mom recently went mountain hiking with me for 9 days. She would never have done that 10 yrs ago. But a change in diet and exercise and now she's hikin' all over the place. Life is too short to make bad choices about your body. It is hard work, but damn is it worth it!!!!

~ Cori ~
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-04, 15:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/216/142 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Sandy...I can relate. I too am 41 and I know that I've wasted enough time with an unhealthy lifestyle. Just hang in there and ask us for support!