Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 20:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 354/233/200 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:YES
Progress: 79%
Question How much have you cheated over the holidays?

How much have you cheated over the holidays? I haven't gone crazy but i have been eating 2 or 3 chocolates a day. i few M and M's here and there.Ok so i had some peanut brittle...sue me. I did skip the rolls and mash potatoes... does that count?
I have shown a 3 pound gain but i think it's mostly water gain...at least that's the story i'm sticking to. Ya know it's really hard when the relatives come and drop all this stuff up to the NON LCers. not to mention the christmas socks candy. Well i just need to stop myself and jump back on the Lowcarb wagon.

Jon
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 21:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I only cheated on Christmas day. I ate stuffing and also some potatoes. It was the first I have had in over 6 months and it WAS Christmas so I am not going to feel bad about it. I was down a pound the next day but am up 2 today, which is what I expected. I got right back on plan so I'm sure the extra pounds will go away in a few days. Don't beat yourself up over going off plan a little. As everyone is fond of saying here, this is a way of life after all.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 09:30
Registered Member

Stats: 337/310/200 Female 5ft. 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

yes,yes,yes, I have cheated ! All these sweets ! For me it is just limiting what I am eating. Still no potatoes but that's just about it. I'm going to try the cheesecake cookies I found somewhere to see it that will help curb my sweet tooth. A new year is approaching so will my attitude.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 10:07

Stats: 274/219/199 Male 6'1''
BF:34%/26%/19%
Progress: 73%

I cheated pretty bad this week. I have a terrible sweet tooth and just went to town at the company potluck, Christmas Eve and Christmas. I worked out a little harder to lessen the guilt. Luckily I haven't gained.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 18:34

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

I didn't cheat that much, had my planned treats christmas and boxing day and that's it. I came home and stepped on the digital scale on the 24th and now I plan to make up for the past 4 months cheating BIG TIME.

My cheating has been over a period of months unfortunetly.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 19:26

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

I cheated for 3 days I think. I gained 4 lbs and adjusted my stats this morning. I had everything everyone else was having. The only thing I didnt binge on were drinks. I stuck with sugar free drinks.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 19:45
Registered Member

Plan: Low Glycemic Load
Stats: 260/228/160 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 32%

I didn't eat anything I shouldn't but have had too much of the "legal" stuff. It has been hard to watch my portion control at parties. I have one more party on New Years eve to get through and then it's back to induction. I haven't gained anything but I haven't lost over the holidays either.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 23:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 354/233/200 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:YES
Progress: 79%

I cheated again!! help i can't stop! I had 2 pieces of yule log. OMG it was sooo good. my only consolation is that i have been sticking to my exercise or i think it would be a lot worse. 3 pounds up so far.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 08:33

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

Come on, Jon - you can do it !!! You've come so far - you don't want to set yourself back now! I'm sure if you dig deep you can find the strength to get back up on the wagon . Hang in there !
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 08:58

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up

I literally fell off the wagon right around the 1st of November blaming stress. After a few attempts to get back on the wagon...I never really did...doing well for a few days than carb-crazy. Knowing that to get back on the wagon before Christmas was virtually impossible, now that Christmas is over...I am back in high-gear and this time I know I will make it. So for everyone restarting...Best of Luck and WE CAN DO IT!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 09:15

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I've had one day between Thanksgiving and now where I've eaten more carbs than I should. Other than that, it's been strictly legal all through the holiday season. I've also lost 9 pounds between Thanksgiving and now.
Once you fall off the wagon, it can be very hard to get back in the saddle again but it IS possible. You do have to make up your mind that you're going to jump back on the wagaon again and it also helps to remove all the carby goodies from your house to keep temptation out of your path as much as possible.
Keep trying...you can do this!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 10:14

Plan: low carb-atkins
Stats: 280/170/150 Female 5'8
BF:40/27.5/22
Progress: 85%

I have to admit...I was very tempted...but I did not do it...Im worth far more health wise...than that piece of chocolate. I tend to look at this as a Way of life...there will always be times when there are way too many tempting things around the house or parties..But I MUST control my eating for LIFE!. This certainly was the test..and I passed. And I feel great that I did....I lost 2 lbs over the last 5 days...thanks to TOM of course. I couldnt be happier.
Im working hard to meet my goal by March 1, 2004.

Your only really cheating yourself...Keep strong...Do this FOR YOU!..you deserve to be healthier...and fit...I know I do..and Im going for it!!!..look out 2004...!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 12:03

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

I cheated for xmas too, gaining about 3 pounds. Homemade chocolate pie for breakfast that day. I gotta say I paid for it too. I had no energy and felt like crap. Sure enough I am back on my diet 150% as a result. Sometimes my cheat days reinforce my motivation to keep on rocking with Atkins! I am sure the 3 pounds will come off fast.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 13:13

Stats: 170/169/135 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 3%

Thanks for your honesty everyone. I cheated and regained 3 lbs. I plan to be back on induction tomorrow just enough to get back into Ketosis. Then I'll start adding carbs to find a level at which I can still lose weight, even if it is slower than on induction.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 13:37

Stats: 320/224/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 66%

I cheated a little over the holidays, but I am back on track now. Last cheat was last night--had out of town guests, and he requested my apple pie for dessert, and I had probably a quarter of a slice. This morning I was still in Ketosis--altho just a trace--so I am eating fat and guzzling water to flush myself out.

I know it sounds like just an excuse to cheat, but it IS Christmas/holiday time, I didn't cheat much, and I am back on track now. Doing this sort of thing once or twice a year isn't gonna hurt me, nor does it trigger cravings. I know it might bother others more, as far as triggering cravings, but it doesn't bother me that way. I'm not gonna beat myself up over a few bites of something here and there.

Onward and upward! OOOooops! I mean onward and DOWNward (pound wise!!)

~Debbie~LoveSong~