Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 15:30
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Chitlin's!

Actually the word chitlins has to stand in for the word I WOULD have used if I did not want to go to internet hell when I die.

I did my first day of the other program. Won't discuss it outside of my journal so if interested visit there. BUT I am 7 hours into a day in which I get no break due to time constraints...my wife calls and has done lunch at BLIMPY's sub place and they brought out all these low carb sandwiches on bread instead of wraps. And she, of course, is bragging on her ham and swiss (or whatever it was called) and fussing that she had a hard time between that and the buffalo chicken sandwich on onion 7 grain bread. She told me how wonderful they all looked and how everyone was buying ONLY those in the line with her.

I sighed and ate my rather meagre meal of that other diet. Actually I sighed much louder and went back to work. One of my compadres came running in around 2PM to tell me about the wonderful lunch he just had. And of course it was Blimpys. They all tried to do good for me as they have known I am on LC...

I now have 27 days to attone for my sins. Bob works in mysterious ways,

Last edited by MisterE : Thu, Jan-15-04 at 15:31.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 15:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 524/524/325 Male 71"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Sir, I belive you will come through it with flying colors, maybe tomorrow call your wife and tell her what wonderful meal you are having, just to get even. wink wink It doesn't neccessarily have to be true.

dave
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 16:21
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

Chitlins was a very mild word to use in this situation. There's nothing worse than hearing about something really great that you can't have. Odd that its a low carb thing, of course. Hang in there! You can do anything for 27 days!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 16:42
90 Days at a Time

BF:

And for those who can eat Blimpy's they have ZERO carb brownies. And LC chips. And a whole slurry-load of stuff. Wife brought back the sales flyer for the low carb stuff (she gets to sleep on the couch) and it looks so doable. She likes it WAY better than Subway wraps...but then we had a bad experience with our last set of wraps. Most anything would have been better than that.

Go for the gusto. Go for the 9.5 carb bullalo chicken sandwich on onion 7 grain bread with provolone and lettuce and tomato with sundried tomato sauce. Add some chips (5 carbs) and a brownie (ZERO carbs) and they have a drink which I think is cranberry grapefruit at 2 carbs. 16.5 carbs for wht sounds like one heck of a meal. Doable by many who are off pure induction.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 17:51

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterE
they have ZERO carb brownies...

Oh MisterE, you are killin' me. And I just yesterday decided I had to cut back on the SF treats. AAAAAHHHHHHGGGGGG.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 18:31
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

OMG ZERO carb brownies - we do not have a Blimpy's here! Sure wish we did with that menu! I wonder what it costs to buy a franchise?

Hang in there MrE - you can do it --
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 22:55
Registered Member

Plan: 1/2/04
Stats: 294/289/165 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 4%

Zero Carb Brownies? I don't mean to sound skeptical, but....what did they use in place of flour? I can see how they can eliminate the sugar but what about milk and flour? Even almond flour has carbs.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 11:59
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I am taking the 0 carb browning thing with an super duper doubld dose grain of salt. Newbies dont be fooled!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 12:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%

http://www.blimpieofvirginia.com/coupon.htm

Mr. E - here is a $1 off coupon for your wife....I tripped over it on their webpage as I went looking for details on the ZERO CARB BROWNIE! They have no nutritional info listed on their webpage!!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 12:33

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

No blimpys in my state carry the LC stuff WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ... maybe they will soon.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 14:53
90 Days at a Time

BF:

http://www.blimpie.com/bcc/bcc.php

Here is a link and it has a free carb counter thingie!

I think there is a PDF file of all the CARB counts for their food. Location finder, too!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 16:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%

well now I have it figured out - I was on a local site not the National one! DUH!!!!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 12:35
90 Days at a Time

BF:

OK. I had the Blimpy's buffalo chicken sandwich (or whatever it is called)...on toasted LC bread. 9.5 carbs. Damned thing was to die for! We are talking seriously good. I had it with their LC beverage (cranberry-grapefuit). Here is the kicker: they had sold out of their LC chips AND Brownies. Gone. Nada. The lady at the window said they had sold almost all the LC bread they had in stock because demand was higher than anyone expected.

The manager said that her store (in an upscale rural area) did better than urban Atlanta because more rural dieters were willing to pay the higher prices for the sandwiches. I think the sandwich was $4.99 but she gave me a $1 off coupon.

They are tripling their order this week.

PS...if the cheese is not hot and melty or the bread not crunchy toasted have them re-toast it!

Last edited by MisterE : Wed, Jan-21-04 at 13:08.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 12:47

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 322.4/287/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 22%

NOw that sounds good! Well if the LC brownies are anything like the LC hot cocoa I made from the Atkins cookbook lol, blech. No Blimpies here and we're still doing induction so no temptation lol. We did go to Burger King last week though- dh and I both got a whopper with no bread or ketchup. Wasn't too bad with just mayo and mustard, lettuce and tomatoe and cheese on a patty. The lil one kept telling us our buns were missing. Boy I wish that were true!