Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 15:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/186/150
BF:Just "FAT"
Progress: 5%
Default Any low carb LOW CAL salad dressings?

I've noticed in my fitday run down that I'm higher in calories than I want to be. I am not losing. I'm also over in carbs. C'est la vie I guess. I'm hungry, I eat, I go over 20 grams. I've lost NADA in almost 3 weeks. Guess I'm doing this wrong.

Anyway before I give up and quit, I'd like to try to reduce my carb intake AND yet, watch calories. I'm very high in calories on cheese, which I'll limit, and salad dressing.

Now, I KNOW Dr. Atkins says you don't have to watch calories, but I'm going to since I'm not losing.

If anyone has any ideas/receipes/suggestions for some low-cal salad dressing I'd appriciate it. I'm going to try to cut cheese and a few other high cal areas with a bit more salad... but my dressing is too high in calories. I'd appriciate any ideas! Thanks!

Last edited by Disneyfan : Thu, Feb-20-03 at 16:30.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 17:26
Registered Member

Stats: 275/241/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default as far as calories go....

If you go to www.atkinscenter.com , use search, type in calories you'll find some info you might find helpful. It says there if you want to track calories women 1800 men 2000 or more. His website is full of great info just use search to find fast answers. Good Luck. Atkins is a challange for sure but your up to it! Ellen

Last edited by geel : Thu, Feb-20-03 at 17:30.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 17:54
Registered Member

Stats: 275/241/140
BF:
Default as far as calories go.....

I am re-posting this message because it is not showing up on my computer. So if it's a repeat I apologize. Go to www.atkinscenter.com use the search and type in calories. I think you find his info there helpful. I use dressings called Ken's Steak House. I use an Italian and Caesar. The Caesar has 170 Cal for 2Tbsp and only 1g carb. Dressings are high I know. Some of my favorites are out of the question now. Dressing with an oil base not creamy I would guess will be less carb filled) Don't give up. We are here for you! This is where I come when I feel frustrated.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 18:30

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

I use Walden Farms dressings which are low in carbs- less than 1g per 2tbsp serving and vary in calories from 20 to 40 per serving. They offer Italian, Ranch, Thousand Island, French, etc...
I think they taste good, and they even make low-carb ketchup. If you can't find them in your grocery store, they're offered at many on-line low-carb sites. Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 18:36

Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

Disney,

I like the Cafe World Tour dressings. I am just not sure if you can get them in your area. I did a big post on them about a week ago. Here is the thread:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=85916

I think they are a Florida product. But since you are a Disney Fan and a travel agent, maybe you can come down to FL and try some! : )

They are really good because they are not as thick as a ranch or blue cheese dressing but they are creamy and yummy. If your grocer doesn't carry them you may want to ask. If you need any more info, let me know.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 18:46
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Paul Neuman has a couple of dressings that are only 1 carb per 2 TBS also usually Caesar and Ranch are that low. Just check the nutritional info when you check them.

Now two things....

1) on fitday on the top you can subtract the fiber from the total carbs so I don't think you have done that bad honestly

2) I read your journal and it seems you have had a couple of high carb meals (pizza/chinese) recently and low carb beer? Those things are probably the issue not the dressings or cheese -which is high some days I do admit.

I would suggest you just eat right and lc and healthy and enjoy your food and don't worry so much.

Just watch the cheats and beer...

All the best.

Last edited by lkonzelman : Thu, Feb-20-03 at 18:51.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 22:23
Registered Member

Stats: 187/176.5/145 Female 5 ' 5 "
BF:39%
Lightbulb Balance Log Software

Hi there-
May I suggest some software that might help sort out your problem? I purchased Balance Log Version 2 and find it incredible for nutrional information. It will build a report daily on what you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. It will show you what percentage of fats, protein, carbs, plus vitamin information. It has a database of 3,000 foods (lots of eating out foods), plus you can "build" your own recipe from basic foods. It takes the nutrional information in order that it appears on packages so you can add your regulars. You can then insert a food item for the day you think you would want, check reports and if you are over on carbs you can delete that food and try one until you find one that works. It's very revealing. Of course you must log EVERYTHING you eat to be accurate. I guess I'm taking my diet seriously, but it's an eye opener.....Good luck and don't give up-nothing feels as good as thin does!!!!!!
Lil
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 07:26

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I think www.fitday.com (which is FREE) does almost all that the NB software (which COSTS $$) does. You can start a journal at fitday.com and even keep it private. It allows you to enter specialty foods and figures out all the contents.

So before you go spending bucks that could buy steaks , experiment with fitday for free.

#9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 10:49
Registered Member

Stats: 187/176.5/145 Female 5 ' 5 "
BF:39%
Default Fitday.com

Hey, that's great!

I can see I should have found this site alot sooner. At least I can send all my friends over there. Thank you!!

Lil