Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 14:06

Plan: Modified Low Carb
Stats: 411/367/150
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Cottage Cheese??

Hi all,

Is cottage cheese okay on this woe?

Hugs,
Linda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 22:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/285/150
BF:
Progress: 10%

I eat it in moderation. The lowest carb count is 4% milkfat, I think it has 4gm carbs per 1/2 cup. Hope this helps.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 07:28

BF:

Hey,

I really appreciate your reply. I was just concerned if it had too many carbs. I will continue to eat it in moderation. I seem to be doing okay with it. So far I have lost just about 14lbs in the last 20 days. YIPPEE!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 07:33
Jerzee

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Cool Hello Lovetotest!

You probably don't remember me, I used to post on the lowcarbfriends board too. I fell off, gained back some of the weight and never returned to that board. How have you been doing? Oh and BTW, welcome aboard! Stick around, I think you are going to like it here!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 07:46

BF:
Default Hey Jerzee

Nice to see you back on track. I think I will like this board.. Seems folks are more helpful and fun to be around. I too fell off program for a really long time. But I am back, better than ever. I look forward to sharing my happiness, tears, fustration and love with all my fellow lowcarb friends. I am doing really good and amazed at how easy it is to stick with things when carbs are not running my life. It is amazing for me to feel so free. I do write down what I eat just to keep myself in check. Some days I am hungrier than others. But it is not anything like the struggle would be still eating pizza and icecream. I can tell you that as much as I love those foods I am learning to love myself more. I feel so much better off the processed junk. I do eat fruit and I do eat SF ice pops. That seems to be okay and not stall me. So for me, those two luxury's really make the difference on staying on track. From time to time I do eat oatmeal too. Everyonce in awhile I will have a cup of rice with my chinese stirfry. I seem to be able to handle a certain amount of carbs and not gain and continue to lose. I don't the rice or oats often. But I don't stop myself if it is going to make the difference between staying on track or not. Both those foods don't seem to make me crave more carbs either. I think about having oatmeal every morning, but ususally eat an omlet or cottage cheese instead. I still feel guilty eating it even though I am able to eat it with no problems. Isn't funny how this woe gets in your blood. When you know that the carbs you injest are causing more insulin to be released and you are not burning fat like you could be you tend to opt for the protein and fat. At least I do. But at least it is my decision and I have the option to have the latter. I wish you the best of luck. Post often. Thank you for such a warm welcome. Thank you for remembering me

Hugs,
Linda
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 12:35

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking Good to see you here!

Linda,
Welcome! I eat cottage cheese for breakfast every so often. It has lots of protein and is a great change from eggs. Don't get me wrong...I love eggs. But not EVERY day.

You sound like you're off to a great start! And you've read several low carb books, so that's great! I think it's great to continue to learn and KNOW why you're doing this.

Hope to see you around and post often. Have you started a journal here yet? Victoria

Oh, and by the way. You were born the same year as I was.