Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 18:32

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 110/107/105 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default syrups and hidden carbs

does anyone know of any syrup brands besides DaVinci's that do not contain hidden carbs? i know jodi said that Taroni's has hidden carbs. what about Atkin's Diet s/f syrup?
thank you in advance and i will post any other brands and info i find.
Girl
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 15:28
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Lightbulb

It's my understanding that Atkins syrups and DaVinci's SF syrups are one and the same ... just different labels on the bottles

Both are zero carbs, no fillers

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 20:17

BF:

doreen,
thank you for the reply.
Unfortunatly i can't find either of them where i live (i even tried the GNC and SuperWalmart in my area). in fact, no one even seems to know what i'm talking about when i ask about them.
i know you can order them off the net but i imagine the shipping costs of something so heavy would be pretty high.
oh well, bummer. thought they would be fun to experiment with .

girl
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 23:40

BF:
Default oops

i forgot to ask if anyone knows whether "nature's flavors" sugar free syrups have any hidden carbs? they are slightly cheaper. has anyone tried them?
thanks again
girl
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 17:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

I haven't tried the Nature's Flavours, personally, but the ingredient information (including hidden carb items like glycerine, etc.) should be listed at their website. Try www.naturesflavors.com and let us know what you come up with...

Also, I believe they are available online only (US-based) but do come in plastic bottles, which weigh a bit less, even if the contents still weigh a lot. Their website MIGHT have stores listed, some do. If you live in the US, this could be of use to you. If you live in Canada, check the LowCarb Co-op forum for availability of DaVinci...

PS: The ATKINS brand of syrups is made under contract by DaVinci Gourmet, to their same high quality standards.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 19:15

BF:
Unhappy

I couldn't find an ingredients list at the nature's flavors site. furthermore, the site is confusing, listing three different prices for the same thing. if anybody can help out, any info would be appreciated .
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 00:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Arrow ok.... lesseee

I went and had a look at Nature's Flavors again and noticed they have "regular" SF syrups and Splenda SF syrups along with tons of other stuff, which is why you have different pricing from the looks of things. The Splenda is the more expensive one (it's the better sweetener), at $6.75 per (normally). Due to some crappy (oops, sorry ) webpage design it's not really clear but right now they've got a sale on for $4.75 per. Sheesh, no wonder you were confused.

Just skip through all those other pages til you get to the Sugarfree with Splenda page, at http://www.naturesflavors.com/sugar...ps_splenda.html, they're listed as "SnowCone Syrups" and there is a ton of flavours to choose from...

Near the top of that same page is a link to SOME nutritional info, where it says Click here for nutritional facts about Splenda. but that's only about the Splenda itself, not about the Syrup that has the Splenda in it.... I'm not impressed SO far

I checked one of the individual flavour links but it just leads to an order form and no more info.

Back at the first page, at the bottom, there is contact information (they do go on about introducing Splenda at the request of their customers, so.....) and here it is:

Quote:
For any our customers that were not 100% happy with our syrups please email me (Don) direct at donald~naturesflavors.com or call me at 888-704-4900 to discuss your concerns

I'll be emailing them about ALL their ingredients in these syrups, and you can, too, if you want to know what's in them.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by IslandGirl : Fri, Jan-04-02 at 00:57.