Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 15:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/217/175
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool Need friend to share the struggles and sucess on the way

Hi everyone
I have been on the Actkin diet for 3 week and lost 5# that is not much but I am happy it is not a gain so that is progress LOL.
I was on it in April and lost 10# but got sick and gained all back so here i go again.
I donot do well with out people who are doing the same as me . So i hope to find soom people who need to lose like I do so we can be buddys on the trip to health and better looking LOL.
i really do need help for my will power is lower then low
all visiter are well come. grammyrene
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 15:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins For Life
Stats: 176/159.5/130 Female 5'2"
BF:Unwanted Rolls
Progress: 36%

Grammy,
I have found through out the years that its not about will power its about changing your way of life and being prepared. Today I am having an I could eat a horse day....I have been grazing all day long BUT the good news is I haven't had anything off the food plan. I prepared some deviled eggs, roasted a chicken, made a casserole and oven roasted some veggies. All of this while there are a dozen donuts sitting on the counter that I haven't touched. I think the key is focus on the goal and repeat to yourself " I don't eat that way anymore"

Five pounds is definitely a cause to celebrate! Congrats!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 15:27

Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly
Progress: 0%

Hi Irene, I noticed that our stats are a lot alike, and it might be a good thing for us to write. If you go 'snoop' through some of the journals you'll also find folks like yourself who you might want to leave a note to. My journal link is under this message in case you haven't noticed that yet. There are a lot of really interesting people who post constantly on this board.

And, if you have any questions, there are lots who are willing to help you find the answer.

Deb

Last edited by FionaMcB : Sun, Jul-06-03 at 15:28.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 15:52
Registered Member

BF:

red head
you are right it is a new way to eat and live i feel well and am just working on the plan ahead thing so glad to have you drop in and talk to me I know the kind of day tou are talking about and i appauld you for resiting the donuts have a good day
grammyrene
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 16:06
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Deb.
I think it would be fun to pen pal with you if you want too?
you sound like you are a good partner as we need to both lose I am not good to do excerise but i have joined a group who do a program called Curvies I have been there since June 19th they weighed me and did a body fat test the weight was 228 and BF 50+ so i have a lot to work on . On July the 19 we will measure me again and weigh me i sure hope the inch come off if the #s don't
I have a journal come see me
grammyrene
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 17:18

Stats: 157/141/130 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 59%
Wink

I think it is wonderful that you want to take care of yourself and that is the greatest gift you can give to you! I just want to say hang in there and that we are all here when you need us.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 18:01
Registered Member

BF:
Default welcome Libracat

Hello Libra
Thanks for coming by yes I think the best thing we can do for ourselfs is try to inprove all the damage we have done to our selfs.
it took a lot of years and money to put this weight on and like others I want it to all fall of at one time LOL but it will take time just like it did to gain it
The hat you have on in the picture is different what kind is it the shoulders look a little like a uniform
i hope you will come by again I love to read the post have been in the journal area for a while
grammyrene
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 15:17
Registered Member

BF:

Have been in other peoples journal and not here LOL wish you had more people here but that is ok. I will have my frist week weight and measurement checked at exercise class on Friday sure hope that i see a good change

this is not so hard now that i have raised the carbs. from induction leavel i try to keep at 35 but some days i go off

i plan for one night a week to eat out and i look foward to that it is most of the time 2 hamburger tocos and no beans or rice so the only carbs. are the shell last Thursday i had a margaretia with dinner but have not checked the carbs. of that lots i think. but it is the frist i have had
Tonight we are having a social meeting of ladys all close friends . 4 of them are in the excerise group i am in and i know we are haveing cake and icreamthe hoast told me . so i will besure to eat a atkins bar at home or just take it with me and have a small scoop of ice cream . I have not had any carbs. today only 2 beacon and 1 egg will have a large salad and dry salamie for dinner and hope to be too full for the ice cream.

Grammyrene
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 16:08

Plan: Induction
Stats: 215/214/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Great job everyone! I lost 17 lbs in 3 months while eating whatever i wanted. So tell me that eating right and excercising will help me drop even more. I am back in the gym and it is touch. I only had 3 months off and I was panting after 8 mins!

Do any of you have kids? My husband and I are both on this woe and dont' want to deprive the kids of goodies, but would it be wise to do away with them (the goodies, not the kids) all together?
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 23:46
Registered Member

BF:

Kids are going to get a lot of carbs. at school a friends house their birthday at the theater .games so the more fruit and veggie they have at home the better and lunch meat no bread chesse a pan cake with suger free syrup sugar free jello is great try koolaid with Spleand sweetner frozen as popcicles Hope the # keep falling off Grammyrene come back i have 3 greatgrand sons age 7 5 and 3 they love water in 8 and 12 oz bottles from the freg. and the jello too good luck. Grammyrene
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 22:10
Registered Member

BF:
Cool

today is August 1 st I weighed at the excrise class and their scales is 222# .But here I listed my weight on my scales and they say 218 # I lost 11 3/4 inches in a month at the class and 1 1/2 body fat I was real pleased with the results and am following their low carb. diet right now it is 20 carbs a day .and 1 free Atkins shake with fat free milk. I have been using 1/2 and 1/2 for that is 8 carbs per shake and fat free milk is 15 Carbs by the lable listing I wish there were more people here to talk too If you drop in i also have a journal under the E and G listings. come see me , come there
grammyrene
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 09:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins off and on
Stats: 317/163/150 Female 66
BF:"I'm melting!"
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncthomas
Do any of you have kids? My husband and I are both on this woe and dont' want to deprive the kids of goodies, but would it be wise to do away with them (the goodies, not the kids) all together?

YES YES YES dncthomas! My daughter has always been petit, never a chubby thing, but as I realized I had to finally clean myself up, she HAD TO BECOME part of it as well.

She already had natural instinctive traits (only eats the meat and saves buns for the birds, all sauces on the side, loves veggies, etc). I don't keep sweets in the house, no chips/dips, no sodas. We drink water or seltzer water with our meals and occasionally I'll get some Snapple Iced Teas for her. Lots of fruits are her snacks as they're sweet anyway. I made sure just not fresh fruits, but canned and 'snackables' as well.

Kids WILL ADJUST to whatever you have, that's a fact. They may not like it and be vocal, but they will adjust when there's no choice. This is where you, THE PARENT, make the changes and they abide by them. How many other things must we as parents choose for them and they don't like it? Many things. This will be only temporary, in severe moderation only, until you and the hubby get back down, and maybe by then they'll be living better because of it as well. Then you can reintroduce some of the indulgences back into the house ... WITH MODERATION. They'll learn good things that will last a lifetime for them watching their parents do it right.

Good luck!

#13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 22:34
Registered Member

BF:

Just Me I am so happy to have you visit me I love all you said the walking is great I admire you 5 miles I have signed up to the curves weman's gym it is excrise with high droclic mechines it has been great for me i go 4 times a week and all ways feel good after for i have engery and know that i did something good for myself. and as you said I thank my Lord for the progress of learning to do exercise . exercise would not be a natural thing to me but the Lord has gone with me each day and took me through I now fell guilty if i miss a day .

how long have you been on the program? i have been at it for 1 and a 1/2 months i have only lost 7 # but i lost 11.5 inches and 1 1/4 % body fat .

i have a long way to go but i must do this when i started my knees creaked so bad you heard them accross the room when i stood up. and i was so stiff i could hardly move all time but that is all a lot better now . PLEASE PLEASE come back
grammy rene
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 09:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins off and on
Stats: 317/163/150 Female 66
BF:"I'm melting!"
Progress: 92%
Talking hello hello hello!

Hello grammyrene! I'm new here myself, just signed up yesterday.

I've been up over that 200 marker, so I know where you're at. Hang in there. As far as not liking excercise, might I suggest something you've probably heard over and over before? Just walk. I started out at 317 and knew it wasn't safe for me to do ANYTHING else but walk. That is what got my metabolism going. Find a local track, or in my case, there was a local reseivoir that had a 5 mile track/trail around it. I did that once a week in the beginning, then twice/weekly and stepped it up as I had time and as weather permitted. Now, I run 2-3 miles of it and walk the rest.

As far as will power, just remember the line that I thought every time I was thinking of putting something in my mouth ... "Be careful of your choices, for you will become your choice." It's a mind set, wanting something more than the other. Another thing I'd think as I was contemplating was that the 'food' was only a temporary something that I was, and pardon me for this but this thought helped me decided, something I was only going to flush away in a couple of days anyway. Then I'd factor in $$$ thoughts and began not buying stuff to be in the house anyway.

I am a single Mom living with a 10 year old daughter who learned, through me, that the best sweet snack foods in the world are 'God's candy' ... fruit (that's what my Grandfather called it). I always had apples, oranges, strawberries, etc here for her to choose from.

If you want, you can add me to your list. I can talk a storm, woops, and don't mind helping someone else along.

Keep the faith.