Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 15:11

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Getting past the 100 pound mentality...

I don't really have 100 pounds to lose anymore but it's stuck in my head like a broken record. Who's lost the TDC status but not gotten used to the new numbers?

I reoriented my goal up, so right now I have 50 to lose (used to have 135 as a goal, but even that would not be a whole 100 pounds).
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 15:30

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hey congrats jschwab!

not me but maybe I get it a little- my head does get stuck in "tons to lose."
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 18:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5'0"
BF:Not for long!
Progress: 69%

I have less than 60 pounds to lose but I still feel like I *look* like I have lots and lots of weight to lose. Everyone tells me I look great, but I don't see it. I'm still a bona fide member of the TDC in my head. lol
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 19:57

Plan: ADF
Stats: 375/235.9/165 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

My *stats* say less than 100 to goal, but that's because I have a pretty high goal weight - higher than a lot of people's starting weights!

But when I began this journey I think I felt so hopeless and helpless about it that the idea of chosing a goal that would more than *200* pounds from my starting weight would seem so hopelessly unattainable that I would probably end up quitting before I began.

So I picked my goal weight because it was an even 200 pounds below my starting weight. Now it's only about 90 pounds below which sounds so much better to me, . Though at the rate I'm losing it will be another 10 years before I reach that goal, if I ever do.

But I'm not wedded to a goal number. In fact I would be joyously happy just to get to Onderland which is only 60-some pounds off. Sounds almost just around the corner.

But I still feel like someone with 100+ pounds to lose - which of course is true if my goal were set for something more "normal" for a woman of my height (5'7").
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 12:47

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
My *stats* say less than 100 to goal, but that's because I have a pretty high goal weight - higher than a lot of people's starting weights!

But when I began this journey I think I felt so hopeless and helpless about it that the idea of chosing a goal that would more than *200* pounds from my starting weight would seem so hopelessly unattainable that I would probably end up quitting before I began.

So I picked my goal weight because it was an even 200 pounds below my starting weight. Now it's only about 90 pounds below which sounds so much better to me, . Though at the rate I'm losing it will be another 10 years before I reach that goal, if I ever do.

But I'm not wedded to a goal number. In fact I would be joyously happy just to get to Onderland which is only 60-some pounds off. Sounds almost just around the corner.

But I still feel like someone with 100+ pounds to lose - which of course is true if my goal were set for something more "normal" for a woman of my height (5'7").

I did exactly the same thing with currently stated weight goal. Exactly an even 200lbs. Anything more than that well..I couldn't handle. Like thinking about loosing 200lbs itself was somehow easier to wrap my mind around. LOL. But I totally felt the same way. And altho I'd love to one day be at my goal of 166..and yes I even dream about 145..to be completely honest just reaching 199 would set my soul afire!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 20:09
Counterweight

Plan: VLC/Moderate Protein
Stats: 291/251.4/150 Female 63.25"
BF:72%/62.5%/26%
Progress: 28%

I'm not really sure how I feel. I know I have a great deal to lose (still 126 lbs to go...) but it doesn't feel like that. I've chosen non-weight mini-goals because weight-based goals do get me depressed when I realize how little I've lost vs how much further my final goal is. I'm probably more inches-focused than weight-focused.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 06:01

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 326/275/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

I feel the same. I concentrate on what I lost. I promised myself new undies when I hit 50 lbs off, and I am going to slide down the twisty slide at the pool when I am merely obese. (as opposed to morbidly obese)
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 09:53
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

When I first started out, I had the same sense of the "tons to lose" and that I'd never be able to it.

This is all such a mind game to me that I decided back then to allow my mind to see it only in 10 lbs increments and not allow myself to dwell in it in other negative ways.
It worked for me as I do recall getting to a place where I had to lose 10 lbs only 3 more times.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 09:59

Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5'0"
BF:Not for long!
Progress: 69%

I agree, Judy. I think of the weight I have to lose in 10 pound increments. It's hard enough to make it to 209 and have it stick....thinking about the 150's is overwhelming for me. I also feel a sense of accomplishment every time I see the % of weight loss change. It changes every 1.5 pounds for me so I don't have to lose much to feel like I've met a little goal.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 10:37

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I think I am going to make up a new 50-pound chart with squares to fill in, starting at 210 (I am 207 now so I can fill in three squares already). I think visualizing it helps.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 12:42

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
I think I am going to make up a new 50-pound chart with squares to fill in, starting at 210 (I am 207 now so I can fill in three squares already). I think visualizing it helps.

I think that's a great idea!!! Visuals are definitely helpful..at least for me!

I think we get sooo accustomed to the reality of having to loose so much weight for so long that once the number actually moves down we almost forget that hey that voice in my head that keeps berating me with "100lbs to loose..100 freaking lbs..100 overwhelming pounds" is stuck on repeat & needs a new script.. Guess we just have to take a minute & really reevaulate, celebrate, and focus on the progress we've made and realize that on that little map of our weightloss journey our "you are here" sign is no longer stuck at the starting line. What a terrific feeling that is!!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 13:56
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab

Excellent idea!

I did something similar in that for every pound I lost, I made myself a new ticker. I know, it was kinda silly but it helped to keep me in the game.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 13:44

Stats: 262/198/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 57%

I'm taking it in groups of 30 lbs. When I reach 240, I'm going to be happy because I lost 30 lbs. So instead of focusing on 120, I'm just focusing on 30. And when I lose the first 30, I'll get started on the second 30. 30 is a better number for me to focus on than 120 LOL. Otherwise, I'll just go crazy! Was once told to just try to lose 10% of my body weight at a time and when I do that recalculate. Nope. It's easier to look at in 4 30 lb intervals.

Plan on LCing for life, but it would be nice to lose a bit faster.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-10, 17:17
Registered Member

Plan: Martini's & Whipped Cream
Stats: 317/232/157 Female 5' 6"
BF:38.6
Progress: 53%

I gulped when I realised that I had 160 pounds to lose! I tried to just concentrate on getting back to previous weights I had been. I started at wanting to just get back under 300, then to the 280, and when I hit 270, i started to get excited that I was getting to weights that I had not seen in a long time. This is how it is for me, my next focus is getting to 225, which was the highest weight in the past that I felt almost normal at. Then of course, getting under 200.

The lowest weight I have ever been as an adult was 147 and I was very thin. I have no idea what my ideal weight will be, so I opted for 157 as a weight I did maintain in the past with fair amount of ease and felt it was a good weight for me. But I understand that as an older woman, I should probably be below a normal weight for other health reasons. I am not sweating it. What ever feels right. Also, I am paying more attention to the total lost number than the amount to lose. it helpes me keep it in perspective, the balance tipped, I now need to lose less than what I already lost! YAY!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Nov-24-10, 06:03

Plan: my own thing
Stats: 350/269.0/199 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 54%

I set my goal weight as 199 pounds which is 151 pounds from my start weight. The reason I chose this number is that onederland is unchartered territory for me. I haven't been under 200 pounds since Grade 7!! I already feel and look so much better that I can't even imagine another 80 pounds off of me but I am excited to get there! Once I reach that goal I will re-evaluate. I am someone who actually likes the look of voluptuous women and might want to stay around the 200 point mark, I just don't know. Right now the idea of a soft little tummy is more appealing to me than a pile of hanging skin.