Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 22:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/258.5/160
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default OK - 'Fess Up!

Valentine's Day is almost over (at least where I live) - how did you all do??? Anyone almost mindlessly pick up a candy conversation heart and almost eat it out of habit? (Yes, me - almost until my brain kicked in and reminded me that we don't eat candy hearts anymore) Close call...

Hope everyone had a lovely day! (Pun intended.)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 22:21

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile No problems here

Happy to report that I had no problems staying LC today. There were cakes and candies all around at work, but I didn't have them.

Frankly, I made it through Thanksgiving and Christmas without even one bite of anything not on plan, including my Mom's cookies and pies. So having survived that, there's little else to temp me off the wagon.

Donald
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 22:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default nope..

I got a box of no sugar chocolates and I had three... I also got roses... and we're having our day tomorrow... so I'm going to make pork rind nachos for movie snacks...
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 22:37

Stats: 318/243.4/160 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:60%/41.85%/23%
Progress: 47%

I stayed strong My kids had M&Ms and candy hearts that their grand mother sent them and I had to periodically dole it out to them throughout the day. But, I'm happy to say that I didn't take even one taste

Julie Huck
310/277/160
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 00:07

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 298/265/145
BF:
Progress: 22%

Way to go, Julie & Ellie & all of you who stuck to your choices!

I agree Ellie - habits can trick you but you were too sharp for that! Yikes, Julie - even handling it would do me in - so hooray for you for helping your little ones have a special day.

Well - it almost didn't feel like a Val.Day to me. I had a "bad health" day. Then a neighbor showed up with a thank you box of candy for a recent favor. I tried to be gracious - even so, I asked him to give it to someone else. He insisted I take it & asked that I "pay it forward". I thought I'd take it as a business gift in the afternoon, but wasn't able to be in vertical motion. Now plan 2 will be to take it to a thrift store tomorrow & ask the clerk to accept it or gift someone with it. So I'm letting in the warm wish of the gift's intention (since the neighbor had no idea it wouldn't be a treat) & praying I can not touch it tonight.

So far, so good. Since I just restarted LC Monday I still haven't cleaned all the carby starchie's out of the apartment. So it's not much worse than resisting/ignoring those. I will have to get it out of here tomorrow - it's way more tempting than rice!

Happy weekend, everyone ~
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 00:07

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Valentines Day isn't as huge down here as up your way, I would say cards and flowers are the biggest sellers for gifts and thankfully I got both yesterday (tis Sat even down here right now ) ... I hope you all had a wonderful day and got spoilt rotten by your partners or if you are single by yourself or a secret admirer
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 07:07
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I was fine for Valentine's Day, but I'm worried about my daughter's birthday today. I have never been much of a candy eater, but cake is another story! I could easily go through a quarter of the birthday cake by myself. I bought some beautiful, delicious looking strawberries yesterday that I am planning to have for my treat while everyone else has cake. I'm also debating whether or not I should allow myself a planned cheat of one little sliver of cake -- it definitely works out better for me to go with a planned cheat than an unplanned cheat. Maybe one tiny sliver of cake with a lot of strawberries on top? I usually allow myself one tiny planned cheat a month.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 09:00

Stats: 348/321.5/150
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default I made through but boy..those cupcakes!!

Hi Guys,
When I walked into the office yesterday morning...someone had brought in Valentine cupcakes...chocolate ones....OMG...I just went into my office and shut the door and had my little package of pork rinds...lol...so I made it through yesterday fine. Then my hubby sent me beautiful yellow roses which are my favorites....so I had a good day yesterday.

Congrats on everyone's will power...!!!

Shari
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 09:11

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 285/227/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Only one dish of candy hearts appeared at work, and I never had a fondness for them, so they were easily ignored. (Thank goodness there were no Dove chocolate hearts, and no cupcakes.) My beloved hubby sent me flowers and I gave him a pack of DVD's (Bruce Lee collection [we met at karate class]) so it was a fabulous, totally LC day. =D

Everyone stayed strong and committed! Whoooh hoooooh us!!!!!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 18:49
Registered Member

Stats: 270/258.5/160
BF:
Progress: 10%
Talking No Candy Hearts

Congratulations to all of us!!! We did great!

Next Challenge: Easter Baskets....

Have a great weekend!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 18:54
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

I am proud to say I did good...I got 3 various packages of chocolate or candy from my students. One I re-gifted to my BF and he scarfed it down...one is still sitting in the back seat of my car waiting to be given away, and one is in the trash ( a fancy lollipop that got broken anyway). So I did ok...had a little rice pudding with dinner thats it...

~Michelle
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 11:29
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hey Everyone!

I posted a poll about having an LC Convention...if you could go put in your 2 cents, that would be great!!
Thanks!

Here is the link...I hope this works!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=87067

~Michelle

THE POLL WAS MOVED SO I HAD TO DO A NEW LINK...IT SHOULD WORK FINE NOW!

Last edited by SummerYet : Sun, Feb-16-03 at 14:38.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 12:26

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I did great over Valentine's day! I sure had cravings though. Seeing all that stuff on TV, the store, and everywhere. But I learned a hard lesson over Christmas. It is hard to get back on, and the effects of the sugar last a lot longer than the brief thrill of eating it. I keep learning and I know the holidays next year will be better than this year, because I keep working on changing my habits. Cindi