Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 11:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/160 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default looking forward...

I am looking forward to the improved me. I know the real me is there and I won't stop until I've reached my goal. About 6 years ago I had lost 50 lbs and felt great but gained most of it back when I moved in with my husband. In the 5 years that he and I have been together (almost 2 years married), I had never told him how much I weigh. He has always been skinny all his life and I never felt comfortable telling him even though I knew he loved me no matter how big I was. When I decided to start Atkins he was supportive so for the first time I actually told him how much I weigh. I know he's concerned about how my diet will affect his eating situation...he loves his potatoes, bread, and desserts. I don't deny him any of that stuff that he likes but I've cut his portion sizes down. And he's even taking salads to work. I thought it would be hard to make high carb food for him and not myself since I was so used to making all that stuff. But it's been fine so far. I even made a chocolate cake yesterday and I'm not even tempted....this coming from a true chocoholic is a miracle. I used to eat chocolate and/or candy every single day.

I am only in my second week of Atkins and lost 4 lbs in my first week. It's so hard to not check the scale everyday when I'm so excited to lose weight. I'm in "that time of the month" so it's probably slowed things down a bit. I find the hardest time for me is at night. Between dinner and bedtime while watching tv we usually have dessert. Now, I try to have a low carb snack. I'm going to try to get some more excercise into my daily routine.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 11:40
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome!

Check out the recipe threads - I'm sure there are lots of main dishes both you and hubby can enjoy.

Good luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 18:36
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Hi Allikins and Welcome to the forum. While your at the recipe section make sure you check out the dessert section. They have an LC cheesecake to die for. It comes in just about any flavor you can think of and YES there is chocolate! The best part of the forum you haven't done yet and that is starting a journal, you'll have a ball!! So sit back relax and enjoy the ride!! Congrats on making the most important decision and that was starting Atkins, enjoy your new WOL!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 00:08

Stats: 210/210/160 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for all the advice. I have looked up many a recipe on this site, the atkins site and more. I have made some low carb treats already. I'd love to try some of the cheesecake recipes...mmmm I love cheesecake. My hubby doesn't like cheesecake so I would have to freeze some of it.

BTW I forgot to mention I'm 26, and live in Kelowna, BC, Canada. I have been overweight all my life and have never really "dieted" in a sense that it was planned.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 03:23
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Morning Allikins, Good glad you taking advantage of the great things that the forum has to offer. So how do you like your first diet? I have been averagemost of my life, but an accident and surgery has left me overweight. I hit my 40's and the weight won't budge. It use to be alot easier to get rid of. I would jump on a bike for a week and I was fine. Not now though.

So you missed the rollarcoaster ride of dieting. The past few years I think I have been on every type there is just about. Lowfat, cabbage soup, salad, blah, blah, blah. Trust me you didn't miss much except a bunch of let downs. Good thing you started with the best diet first. A good persons journal to hit is Mischa's " Mischas triumph". She's from Victoria in Canada and her menus are a good looksie. She is a true sweetie and her highs and lows are quite motivating. I'm not a true Atkins person I do CAD mostly, so if you have any questions, Mischa would have it in her journal. Well off to excercise, Oh yeah have you given that any thought yet? Have a good day!