Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 08:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/214/150 Male 67"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default What do you eat when you got to the movies??

We love cherry coke and popcorn, but that's out of the question, especially during induction.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 09:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/189/150
BF:
Progress: 29%

I sneak in some beef sticks or macadamia nuts and buy a diet coke. A cup of popcorn isnt THAT bad but who can stop at one cup!!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 19:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/166.0/140 Female 5'9"/174cm
BF:30.4/30.4/25?
Progress: 32%

I bring cut up cheese or low carb bars. I don't normally eat those any more - they have gotten too much "bad press", but for an occasional movie treat, I have my permission.

I haven't seen a thing they sell in there we can eat - aside from the water (or the diet soda) and the cheese nachos (hold the nachos).
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 21:28

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I go the DELI and I have them slice some very thin salami then at home I microwave it for two minutes on a plate it become very crisp the tinner the better.I do the same with cheese, it is as crunchy as potato chips .Bag it and take it to the movie,a bit salty.Mozzarella cheese is not as salty as cheddar.It keeps well.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-02, 17:35
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 300/247/150
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Ummm. .

One does not have to eat at the movies. I haven't for years because they sell nothing healthy. Sometimes I go to a movie when I haven't eaten a meal in a while . . . or else by the time the movie is over, I will be overdo for food. So I do take sliced cucumbers and a hard boil egg, depending on my schedule. But I am gonna try that microwaved salami trick!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-02, 12:08

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default water n' nuts

Hi --

One if thei things I love about popcorn -- and I LOVE popcorn! -- is the salty/crunchy bit. And since popcorn is right out I take along a bunch of peanuts. And water, lots of water, because wanter is good and because the nuts are salty.

The peanuts are easy enough to sneak in, but a big thing of water is harder to hide. I don't try to hide the water, and honestly no theater worker has ever challenged me yet. But I read a note from a woman who wrote, perhaps somewhere on this forum, that she told the theater workers she was diabetic and they left her alone. So that's what I'll say if anyone bothers me which, again, they have not so far.

Hope this helps -- RA Vimala