Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 18:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 311/272/200
BF:
Progress: 35%
Smile Hi from a newbie

Hi Everyone, I just joined this forum and figured I should be polite and introduce myself. I'm Greg (or Coyote) from Florida. I just started the Atkins diet one week ago. I dropped 12 pounds so far. I know it's all water but getting below 300 pounds sure put a big smile on my face.

The first three days went fine. Then I was miserable on the 4th day. I had terrible cravings. I finally have an inkling how a drug addict or alchoholic feel. I just kept drinking more and more water all day long. I kept saying "See these cravings prove that you've got a real problem here" I drank so much water that I should have paid rent for the bathroom

I found this site by accident and after thinking it over I decided that joining this forum could be nothing but a positive for me. I'll hopefully be around for a long time, because I intend on losing 99 more pounds.

I hope to make a few friends and I hope that most of us reach our goals.

God Bless

Greg
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 20:09

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, coyote! Welcome! (Greg is welcome too )

Congratulations on breaking through 300 to 299 -- that must feel wonderful. Good for you -- and good, too, that you realize that the losses won't keep on at that rate. And for not caving into your fourth day cravings. I'd say you've had a very successful start.

You might want to look at the Low Carb Tips (link is on the orange bar at the top of the forum). Reading them now may save trouble later on. And also, we have a Triple Digits forum, for those who are going to be here longer than others

Good luck to you, Greg. I hope you'll join in our discussions and post often so we know how you're doing.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 02:12

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up

Hi Greg

Welcome to this forum and congratulations on the weight you have lost so far. Being below 300 pounds must be giving you quite a buzz.

Whilst the weight loss will slow down now, I hope that the rest of your low carb journey is equally as easy. Like me, you had over 100 pounds to loose and so you will probably find it an advantage to start a journal on this site. It is great to keep a record of your progress, a place for others to stop in and support you, and a record that can be used in those bad days when inevitable questions arise.

Every success for the future.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 18:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 311/272/200
BF:
Progress: 35%
Smile

Hi little ann and alto,

Thank you for your kind words and for your pearls of wisdom.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 20:21

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi Greg

If you were looking for a site for support, you found the best one!!! The people here are so wonderful, and supportive... you see we're all in the same boat!! They'll make your next 99 pounds alot more tolerable... and I've found that just writing in here when I've got a "bad" day (and believe me ... after 2 years I've had many!!! ) makes things alot easier.

You have the right prospective as to your weight loss ... and I can just imagine the smile on your face when you saw a 2 in the first place ... Your outlook is half the battle ... as long as you make this interesting ... there shouldn't be a problem!!!

Welcome, and I hope you get even half of what I've gotten from this site ... there are many people that really know their stuff in here!!!

Hope to talk again!!!