Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-01, 17:00
Registered Member

Plan: Type 2 Diabetes/Protein Power/Self-Designed Program
Stats: 240/180/140
BF:
Progress:
Default Sagging???

Hey, my body is sagging! The skin on my inner thighs, stomach and the backs of my arms looks wrinkly and saggy! Yuk! I keep losing weight and wonder if I'm losing it too fast. Down fifty-one pounds as of this morning since the first of February. I'm eating more now than I was when I started and it still comes off at about two to three lbs. a week! I'm walking daily and using weights three days a week! Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. How do I slow down the weight loss? I even at a whole sandwich with two slices of bread last week and I still lost three pounds! Is this normal? Saggy skin and can't stop losing weight????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 11:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 208.5/168/125
BF:
Progress: 49%

I sympathize with you!! I've lost 40 lbs since the first of February and am now starting to notice "bags" on my inner thighs. I'm not losing as fast as you, but apparently, my lose is having an effect. Unlike you I am not exercising, but I keep coming across stories similar to yours and I'm not convinced the exercising helps anyway -at least not with the sagging and bagging!! I still need to lose at least another 45 lbs. How much more do you need or want to lose?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 11:26
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

With 120 lbs gone, I have a lot of loose skin around my belly and long thick stretch marks. I doubt it has to do with how fast one loses weight, it's more likely depends on your skin's elasticity, which is, IMHO, genetic.

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 13:18

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb

I lost allot of weight before on low carb...and gained it back. On thing I did when I started having problems with sagging skin...was where VERY THIGHT Girdles. My stomach has what they refer to as a apron. Not real bad…but bad enough that it creates a fat pocket that’s hard to get rid of.
See my sister dated a plastic sergeant {to bad she didn’t marry him! LOL!}And he’s the one who told me to do this. He said it help to keep the skin adhered to the new surface. Kinda like after lipo suction…. you know where they bandage you up REAL TIGHT For about 2 weeks! Anyway…he also said drink lots of water. That doing this would make his job easier when it came time to remove the excess skin. This will not fix the complete problem. But it will cause less of one in the long run.
If you do have an apron…then you need to kinda lift up the stomach area when its in the girdle…to create a flatter look. This works well with Love handles too. My hubby wears his pants below his waist {most men do I think} and so we bought him a stomach belt…pulled it tight and there ya go! They are leaving.
Lorraine
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 08:39
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Okay, now I have a girdle that I bought after my youngest daughter was born, fourteen years ago and I don't get it. I bought one that said XXXXLarge! It's skin tight and I probably weighed 160 at that time. I'm twenty pounds over that and it will go on, but really who ever thought to add so many x's to something that is supposed to make a woman feel better about themselves when they look in the mirror after stuffing themselve into it???

I think I have your apron! After my first C-section (cutting up and down), then an appendectomy, two more C-sec's (cutting across) and a hysterectomy, my stomach looks like something out of a horror movie. I have stretch marks from my rib cage down and I got those from my first who was a ten pounder in a 120 lb small boned person! Yak! I've been growing up and out ever since.

I have forty pounds to go. Lost fifty-five so far. I can only imagine what I'll look like when I'm done, saggy skin and all. One thing I've noticed that isn't so bad is that I was beginning to go a little silver on top and since this diet I can barely find a gray hair and I get a lot of complements on how young I look now. Is this the 'buffet of youth' diet?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 16:52

Plan: Dr Atkins/PP
Stats: 180/170/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Talking My mother was RIGHT!!!

When I was growing up, my mother always told me to use her Waist Cincher, (the same kind that Scarlett O'Hara used in the movie). [She had inherited from my grandmother, who used it when she was a girl in Shanghai, China in the 1930's] I thought it was a form of child abuse. My mother insisted that if I wanted a shapely figure, it will help. So I did it.

As I got bigger (literally! LOL), she is nagging me again to wear a girdle, waist cincher whenever I am up and only take it off at night. I thought she was nuts. But she keeps buying these things for me and I tuck them in a drawer.

After reading the above posts. I guess I should dust those torture things out and give it a try since I do notice a little saggy apron. Just a note to remember to put powder on so you don't chafe.

If you are looking for the place to buy it, send me a PM and I will tell you the stores' name my mother go to.

A fellow 'SAGGER'
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 18:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

i guess my stomach is too fat to sag! i only want to lose 20lb, but i bet it's mostly in my stomach! my stomach looks like i'm 5 months pregnant. mind you, my clothes hide this. this is what i really look like. as i said, i carry my weight in my stomach. i also have the vertical c-section scar; 3 babies in 3 years! my stomach looks like a bum! hehehehe! the scar looks like the crack in the bum! sorry! i'm sure this is more information than anyone wanted, but i find it really funny! i make fun of my stomach all the time!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 19:16
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Wow! I thought that I was the only one with my rear staring up at my face when I look down! HEEhaHEE! I just mentioned to my husband this morning that after my last baby was born (14 years ago) that I was thrilled to see my feet. Now I would like to see what's beneath this darned apron as you call it! Okay! More than enough again. Don't worry, he didn't get it either! I'm on something called Hydroco/apaps right now for a root canal yesterday morning and I don't feel too hot. Pain only seems to fade occasionally and then when I pop another one of these prescription pills it helps but I'm really thinking some weird thoughts. Anyone have a suggestion for a root canal that when the dentist put the little sticks in they broke through the root and it hurts worse than childbirth? I can't believe one little tooth could cause so much pain. Two days off work and I'm stressing over that too.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 19:51

BF:
Progress:
Default Katryding

Yeah, my apron was caused from going in to have my tubes done! My sister told me…no big deal…they make a little cut just under the belly button…go in…and your done! YEAH RIGHT! I made the mistake of piping up. Seethe doc says that its about 98% fail proof…and I smile and say…this man setting on the bed…he was a tumor!!! His mother had her tubes done and then got pregnant! Ha! They told her that she could be pregnant…it must be a tumor! HA! So my doc smile {this is a really great doctor mind you! I mean I TRULY like her!} And say…okay, I’ll take care of it! Next thing I know is I’m waking up in awful pain…go to stand up and almost pass out! They had given me a C~Section!!! When I ask what, where, why…and I already new HOW! She said they went in and CUT, TIED, BURN & REINSERTED MY TUBES BACK INTO MY UTERUS!!! It took 6 months to recover from all that fully! And my poor stomach that already had a problem from the stretch mark…now was hanging down like an apron! ARRGGG! She later told me that if I had asked she could have “trimmed off” the extra! Ha! She really is a crack up! One of those people you just really like!
Lorraine
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 20:01

BF:
Progress:
Default Sarlye

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarlye
When I was growing up, my mother always told me to use her Waist Cincher, (the same kind that Scarlett O'Hara used in the movie)....

After reading the above posts. I guess I should dust those torture things out and give it a try since I do notice a little saggy apron. Just a note to remember to put powder on so you don't chafe.

A fellow 'SAGGER'

Well did it work when your where younger??? I look at it like this...its a form of banding! Like what the Chinese {or Japanese} used on the women’s feet to keep them small! Ha! I also know that when you have had kids…then rib cage gets pushed out…and by “banding” with a corset you pull the rib cage back in. So its must help…I LOVE corsets! I think they look very sexy! And I will love to be able to where them!! Ha! The Victorians also broke the bottom rib in the women to make the waist smaller…and cut off the little toe! Okay those things are a little far out. But interesting! My husband loves to study about the Victorian era! Ha! I learned this all from him!
THEN THINGS WOMEN DOO!

Lorraine
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 09:54

Plan: Dr Atkins/PP
Stats: 180/170/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Rainny: It worked when I was in my teens and 20's. I was 36-22-32. Then I turned 28 and decided to liberate myself and stop wearing it and with some liver problems (when I gained 50 lbs in one year) I slowly change to a giant barrel with arms and legs sticking out.

I just put on the looser waist cincher today (no, not the Scarlett, one... I can't even put that one on over my thigh..hee hee lol) It is okay so far. Will see what happens at the end of the day.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-01, 23:09
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

You guys crack me up! I had an extremely high carb day today and though I should feel guilty, I don't. Maybe Monday when I weigh in, I will but that strawberry cheesecake icecream (20 carbs) was worth it. I read that you should bump up the carbs occasionally to stimulate your system into rethinking whats going on. Last time I did it after three months of being oh..so...good, I lost four pounds in one week! Maybe I'll get over this stall and shock myself back into losing again.
About the cincher things, ack! I think I'll just buy a size 14 jeans and see if that does the trick!