Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 19:31

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%
Talking 7 Wk Lets Get Hot 4 Summer!!!!!!

In another thread Lunababy and I were talking about a challenge. 7 weeks until her cruise and I just plain old want back in my cute summer clothes.
Any one else interested?
My goals are my normal exercise mon-fri and eatting properly.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 20:27

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Count me in. I have been going on and off atkins for weeks now. I really need to get back on track. I feel soo much better on low carb, so I have no clue why I keep stufing myself with all the crap food . Today was day 1 back on induction, and I know if I can get through the next few days I will feel better. I really hate this fat, and now that summer is comming I will feel like a pig in a blanket so to speak. This fat is like wearing long johns in the summer LOL. I am ready for this.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 05:49

BF:

Surfnmom, We both have about 30 lbs to lose! I say I feel like a sausage stuffed in my clothes!
I made it through the cupcakes and decorating bday cake 4 the party tonight.
The kids are having pizza. I got one lc delight pizza. I plan to eat the crust off one slice and the topping off the rest.
The hard part will be skipping the cookies and cream icecream and cake!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 07:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180.5/166.5/135 Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile Me too!

Count me in, too! I've really been struggling to stay on track for the last few weeks and need some serious motivation! I'm only 17 pounds away from my original goal and I'd love to be there some time this summer. I may lower my goal weight after I see how I look and feel when I get there. (I'm only 5'1)

My goals are: NO MORE eating off plan (back to induction as of today)
30-60 mn of exercise 4-5 days/wk
5 liters of water/day

My birthday is June 13 and I'd LOVE to reach 125 by then!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 09:32

Stats: 185/180/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 13%

Summer clothes here I come! lol I'm a newbie on the Atkins plan and I've seen my first 2 lb weight loss as of yesterday. Yay! I am seriously committed to staying on Induction for another 3 weeks (for a total of 4) before adding in any more carbs to my diet plan. I read in Woman's World that staying on Induction for longer can result in a much bigger weight loss (more quickly), and that's what I'd love. It's terrible, I can't even wear short sleeves without feeling that I look like an elephant. Plus, my sister's wedding is at the end of the summer and of course my bridesmaid's dress is.... sleeveless! lol. So, I am very committed to losing weight.

Just think how fun it'll be to post after 7 more weeks, when we can show off our skinnier selves.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 16:57

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Today is day 2 and so far so good. I went to walmart and bought me the atkins 120-day record journal, with the carb counter. It ran $10.00 bucks, but I can keep it out on my desk, and jot down wht food I stuff in my mouth and the carbs. I have never been good at sticking to a daily record, but this is pretty cool, and since I don't want to waste the money, Im going to stay motivated to get my $10.00 bucks out of it.

Michelle yes we are very close in stats, but you already droped a bunch of weight. congrates. Today it is hot, I think I feel like a corn dog, wishing I could peel off this out layer LOL.

sproch3384 I set my goal weight, pretty high, Due to I am 45, and hormones may be against me this time. (change of life) LOL I think you have done great, and I know you have to be very happy with you loss so far. I too may change my goal to go lower once I get there, But you are so right in That a goal should be were you are happy.

Asardeneta today on my walmart trip, I picked me up some short sleeve cotton mens shirts, They are light weight and cheaper the womens clothes, plus they cover my arms. I too am not happy with my arms. When I get a chance I will get them taned hopefully they will look smaller LOL and congrates on your 2 lb loss

Hope everyone had a great day, will check in tomorrow
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 18:19

BF:

Surfnmom, I previously lost and held at goal a few years. Then I cut loose and regained!!!!! Kicking myself! A whole closet of 6's that are all too small!
Thanks for joining in all! Gotta run I have 6 boys destroying the house!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 20:28

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Smile

Hi. I would love to join in. My goals are to eat healthier and drink my 8 cups of water a day. I will continue to do my treadmill for at least 30 mins. and work one body part a day M-F. My whole body needs an "over-haul" but what makes me the most unhappy are my flabby legs. I know I should drink more water, but for now getting the 8 cups down is a challenge. By the way....I'm 48.
Debbie
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 06:40

BF:

Debbie, 8 cups is a really good stating point!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 06:54

BF:

Well, I finally stayed on plan yesterday. It was my first good day in about 3 weeks. I drank 4 liters of water and raked for about 2 hours so it looks like I met all my goals....about time!

My life has been so crazy lately and I've let it side track me big time. (5 kids, husband, and a dog!) I just quit a really good paying job last week too because of some unethical (in my opinion) medical billing practices that I wasn't comfortable submitting. So now I can add unemployment and financial stress to my list of troubles.

My weight had gone up to 144 (from my low of 142) but I'm not changing my stats til I weigh in on Monday. I'm hoping it's just water weight and it will be gone by then. If not, my stats will go back up...hate it when that happens!

Okay, enough excuses. I AM back on track now and I will reach my goal this summer! Good luck everyone. I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 07:30

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Question

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there is any low carb foods that cause you problems. Like Blue Bunnie low carb ice cream or La Tortilla wraps? And what seems to help the weight come off better.
Debbie
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 07:25

BF:

Stacy, good for you for following your conscience. Good things happen to good people so your due to find something good!!!!!!
You are busy! 5 kids wow!
I have 2 boys, a Dh, 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 ducks comming next week.

I messed up a bit yesterday with a bit of cake. I forced myself to have bacon this morning while the 6 boys had gooey cinnamon buns. I more hour until all these boys go home! My DS turned 11 and had a sleep over. The last time I reminded rather loudly all the kids to go to sleep it was 1 in the morning. They were all up screaming and running by 6 this morning! Boy am I tired. The kids are still running like crazy though!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 08:00

BF:

Thanks for the encouragement, Michelle. I know I did the right thing by leaving my job but it is still depressing to be out of work. I live in a very small town and jobs are few and far between. I know the right job will come along.

Sounds like you've had a housefull with six boys there! Been there, done that! My kids are 19, 15, 8, 5, and 2! The oldest and youngest are girls, three middle ones, boys. My house is always a zoo!

Debbie, as far as foods I've had problems with, I can't really answer. I try and stay away from most LC processed food. I've had a little here and there and find my weight loss usually slows or stops. I try and stay with whole foods. I've never really been an ice cream eater so that's easy for me to avoid. I do use an occasional slice of LC bread with no problems. I do keep a bag of Sugar Free Reeces Peanut Butter Cups on hand in case I really get a sweet tooth. I've had my current bag for almost two months already and have only had two out of it.

Off to enjoy my sunny MN weather! Have a great weekend all!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 08:20

BF:

Debbie, I get a gut ache from the manitol in the lc chocolate sometimes. I love the tortillas!!!!!!! Lots of fiber too!
Stacy, if you don't mind saying where are you in MN? I'm in the township of Bridge Creek in WI . The next decent sized town is 28 miles from my house. I work PT in town and was looking to go a few more hours locally without the 28 mile drive. Tough market!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 14:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmick
Stacy, if you don't mind saying where are you in MN? I'm in the township of Bridge Creek in WI . The next decent sized town is 28 miles from my house. I work PT in town and was looking to go a few more hours locally without the 28 mile drive. Tough market!

I'm WAY up north, right on the Canadian border in International Falls. We're a 100 miles away from 'civilization' in every direction! I spent most of my life around the St. Cloud area and will probable be moving back down there within the next two years. This town is only around 7,000 people with the two main employers being a paper mill and a hospital....thing is someone usually has to die or retire to get in either place! Oh well, I'll find something. I always do! Oh yeah, the great thing about living here is that we're only about 10 mn away from Voyageur's National Park and Rainy Lake! Hubby and I love to be on the lake so it's like a little slice of heaven for us when we're out there. There's over 1,500 islands on that lake....easy to get lost! Lots of rocks, too. We've already lost two props...thankfully no lower units off our motor! Only about two weeks til we can take our boat out for the first time this year!