Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 09:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%
Talking Amusing Atkins Moments...

I had an amusing Atkins Moment the other day and wondered what other funny things had happened to you guys....
My moment was when I decided to toast that slice of Low Carb Bread for a nice little treat. The problem was the darn toaster was broken. I kept pushing the button down to lower the slice of bread and it wouldn't stay. Finally I realized that it was unplugged. My wife had unplugged it to clean it back in June and we hadn't used it in 3 months!
Not good news for the toaster industry
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 09:52
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Archie, that's funny!

This isn't nearly as good, but we had some friends over for a Labor Day BBQ. They were very apprehensive about coming over, since they knew that we were low-carbing and they thought that we were going to serve them pork rinds or something (so they told us later). We lavished them with grilled steaks and veggies, cauliflower potato salad, and my first ever low-carb cheesecake. And LOTS of wine.

They left with smiles on their faces...

Jeannie
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 10:01

Plan: The Obesity Code
Stats: 563/521/199 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

hmmm amusing story... I went out with an old friend about 2 weeks ago. We went to subway for lunch. I got a footlong subway club and a salad. When we sat down, I took all the bread off the sub and ate it with a fork and knife. My friend thought something was wrong with the bread and asked me if it was ok. She kept saying "my bread tastes fine." I tried to explain to her that I was low carbing, and I think she understood, but then when we left she apologized for me not getting to eat a full meal. She is such a sweetheart Hadent seen her in over a year too. She is in really good shape, so it doesnt surprise me that she has no idea about atkins.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 10:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 178/153.4/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Luv the toaster story. lol

My husband was in Iraq for awhile for National Guard, when he came home to visit we went to lunch and we shared a club sandwich. I immediately took the bread off and stabbed it with the toothpick. He looked at me like I was crazy and then stared at his sandwich like it had a disease. He asked me if we should order a new one. I told him no everythings fine, 'eat your sandwich before I steal the meat out of it' He's getting use to me now. When he is home permanent he wants to go on Atkins with me!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 10:41

Stats: 249/229/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

i have a story similar to your, Archie. i've been LC'ing since June 9th. My niece, who lives with me, adopted a similar way of eating but she never did give up all breads and pastas so she still craves them (of course). Well, i'd put the toaster in a high shelf in my pantry a couple of months ago. She'd bought a loaf of bread and wanted a midnight snack one night -- and, no toaster. LOL She hadn't missed it and didn't even know i'd put it away.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 13:14

Plan: The Ketogenic Diet/Atkins
Stats: 295/200/199 Male 5' 10
BF:
Progress: 99%

Your toaster story cracks me up. Mine luckily also functions as a broiler and an oven so it's life has been spared for now. It used to be my "can't live without it appliance" and now it is my backup oven for when I am cooking 2 things at a time.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 13:34
Leeloo Wannabe

Plan: Maint./Low GI (good carb)
Stats: 143/135/135 Female 5'8"
BF:25.6%/21.9%/>20%
Progress: 100%
Default Sugar?? What Sugar??

We had a big BBQ yesterday and of course we did go out and purchase buns for the smokies and burgers (for the non-LC'ers) but I made all the salads, coleslaws, desserts, etc. the LC way. We had to go a-digging through our downstairs fridge to locate the "regular" ketchup, etc. But the funny part is later in the evening we'd put on a pot of coffee and someone said "where's your sugar?" LOL!!! I only use Splenda or Stevia or the DaVinci syrups now, so thankfully I went rooting through the downstairs pantry and found a bag with probably only a half cupful of regular sugar in it for people to use! They were thrilled at having to use full cream because we don't even have milk!! So there was a plus!

We had a friend who'se doing Body for Life who came and so I gave him some DaVinci cola syrup with club soda and he was SO ECSTATIC!! So lots of other people wanted to try it - now I need to go shopping for more Syrups. I should have kept that secret to myself!

Lily
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 14:46
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 217/170/155 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress: 76%

Our house is basically carb free, so when my son had a friend sleep over this weekend, he ate lowcarb too. It was really hard on them - Burritos with lc tortillas for dinner, lc cheesecake, grilled cheeses with lc bread for a snack, omlettes with bacon for breakfast. Tough huh? Overheard my son say "the food is for this diet we're on", I bet we will never get the other kid to go home!