Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 188/187.5/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%
Default Cravings

What do you do when a craving hits you? I'm having an awful craving right now! I'm not on the snack program. Do I just try and wait it out (yeah right) or do I have some cheese or something?
What do you do?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 16:21
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 188/187.5/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

Well, I did wait about an hour which I think is a record for me, but I broke down and had some bacon...at least it wasn't cookies
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 18:47

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

You made a wise choice. Much better to have that bacon then it is to have cookies or any other high carbed foods. You could of also had chicken or beef or any other type of protein and you could of also had a small salad or some other kind of CM veggies with it.

Keep up the good work. Those cravings should disappear soon. If you keep having cravings double check your CM's for hidden carbs. That will do it everytime.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 15:24

Plan: CALP vegetarian plus fish
Stats: 140/138/132 Female 66 inches
BF:26%/25%/20%
Progress: 25%

Speaking of cravings I'm having them right now. It's like there's a loudspeaker with a news announcement going on repeatedly in my head right now as I'm sitting here, "There's cake and brownies in the house...I repeat, there's cake and brownies in the house." Sunday afternoons are always kind of lazy and slow for me just because I don't want to think about the next day being Monday, and I just want to escape into something quiet and "Sunday-ish" if you know what I mean. In the past that's always meant splurging on sweets or starches a little bit. (Not that it had helped much.)

I feel motivated enough to wait it out I guess, because I feel like I've lost some weight this past week and I don't want to mess it up. (I haven't posted a weight change yet because I haven't got a chance to weigh in a couple days, and I haven't figured out this past week's loss yet.) Now quite sure what to do about this "wanting cake" thing. I'm not really that hungry otherwise, I just want something sweet. I guess I'll take the dog for a walk outside, then maybe take a lazy-Sunday nap, then eat an LC supper early, that sounds pretty good actually. When I think about the fresh air, the dog, the sun outside, and the nap and all that, it's a nice image in my mind that replaces the image of the cake in the fridge, do you know what I mean?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 06:07

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default I agree...

I second what Diane said about checking your CM's for hidden carbs or triggers. I have found that that is the only time that the old cravings and food thoughts get ahold of me now, is if something less than ideal has found it's way into my eating. A food journal is really helpful for tracking that down.

Stay strong!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 08:26

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 162/153/145 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I remember years ago when I started this, if I wanted food, I ate something allowed. String cheese comes in packages and keeps for half a day or so w/o refrigeration. I can bring a zip lock baggie w/ celery sticks, too. Even a small package of nuts is better than a cookie - and seems to keep me satisfied longer, too.

My job was near a farmers' market - I'd go there at lunch and buy fresh stuff for lunches and snacks. There was a fridge at work, and a microwave. I got a microwave-proof bowl and a fork and spoon. I ate pretty darn well before going back to school!

If I *do* eat a cookie or something bad - I'm more likely to want more carb-rich food, usually within an hour.

I never let myself get hungry, some days it seemed like I ate non-stop. But always good stuff. And the pounds came off almost effortlessly.

(I also made a point of walking a couple of miles a day)