Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 12:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Smile Snow Day in PA!

6 weeks at this - snow day from school today, with well over 12" of the fine white stuff outside. Best is that the sun is shining! So I am home with all the temptations today since I am the only one LCing. I did go out and shovel a bit so got some exercise in. So glad we have hard boiled eggs ALWAYS in the refrigerator, and string cheese, cream cheese and salad fixings. Cuts the temptations.

I just haven't been able to get into the purple zones even though I have been at 20 gms. for the majority of the time. But the pants don't lie - these size 16s now fit when 1-5-03 twenty would be my size.

Thanks to the boards, though. I am able to come in and get inspired and somehow regain my determination.

At 51, I have been on many diets - including WW, Formula 3, and all those onces in the books and magazines. I would be constantly feeling deprived and with this WOE I do not have that difficulty.

Well, off to drink some water and eat some tuna!

Jan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 13:11

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi Jan! I am also in PA...I live in Northeastern PA.

Great to see another Pennsylvania on the board. I just had tuna salad myself. I love it for lunch, chop up an onion, celery add the tuna and some mayo...I love it! But I have terrible onion breath afterwards.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 13:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/162/145 Female 69
BF:39%/30/26%
Progress: 60%
Talking Snowtown too

Hi Jan - I'm further up north near Syracuse, NY (Chittenango) and we've had our share of Snow. Nice to see you guys sharing in the glory! We're getting quite a bit right now but only supposed to get 6" or so by tonight.

I started Atkins in January and had a very successful induction losing 11 pounds. Then started OWL and lost 1 pound. Here it is two weeks later and still one pound lost. I'm at a stand still.

I have to get motivated to do some exercises but I'm having a hard time. I guess shoveling would be the best but my back is really bad and I'm on medication and getting nerve blocks for it. So that's probably not a good idea. I've got time, though. My goal is to lose 25 pounds by August when my oldest daughter gets married. I haven't picked out my MOB dress yet but I want it to be a size 12! I was a 20 in January and 16's are still a little snug. 18's are just right.

Good luck with your temptations...I have my own that I'm fighting but not nearly as much as with other diets! I think I've found my niche with this WOE!

Dina