Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 08:27

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Tuesday 11/25

Good morning - Welcome to the daily Protein Power Pals thread - everyone using, considering or curious about PP is welcome to join in this discussion.

Where is everyone? It's nearly 10AM on the east coast and no one started the thread???

I'm just waking up after a rough night - lots of pain and nightmares (the antibiotics are thought to be the cause of the nightmares ) I've got some things I need to take care of - be back later.

Last edited by Orang : Tue, Nov-25-03 at 09:38.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 09:07

BF:

Certificate of Achievement

To Rebecca (OneEye)

for

Dipping below 200 Pounds ! ! !

Sorry to hear the flu was involved, but very proud of you for achieving this goal.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 09:20

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Orang, sorry you had a rough night (and thanks for 'de-bugging' your avatar But it WAS funny.). Maybe you dreamt you were eating Bawdy's old protein powder by feeding tube.....

Hey One-Eye-congrats!! Hope you're feeling better.

Wither our Bawdy and Wendy?

I am still in struggle mode. Have not felt like exercising after work since I came down with this whatever I have( It's not flu but it hasn't gone away yet either) and boy, it is starting to show. So the main goal for today is to get off my butt when I get home for at least 20-30 min.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 11:04

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

To give you an idea of how alert I am today, I posted on YESTERDAY'S thread!

The scale looked like 164 today, but not offically claiming it until it's there for a day or two. I have the old-fashioned scale, not the digital. I must have had a cheap digital, because every time I stepped on it, the weight would be as much as 5 pounds difference. I even went so far as to use a magic marker to outline my feet so that they were in the same place each time. Still had differences from one time to the next.

Did my Thanksgiving shopping this morning. They mark down the meat first thing in the morning, so I try to get there between 7:00 and 8:00 to get the good deals. I was able to save $15 on meat today -- $3 off here, $4 off there. They mark it down when it's 2 or 3 days away from the expiration date, so it's fine. I usually throw it in the freezer. Good deal, especially with all the meat I eat lately! I was able to get Porterhouse steaks for $5 marked down from $9. And I LOVE Porterhouse steak!

Gotta run. Catch you all later.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 18:47

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Unhappy It's a Sad Day

Wadda ya mean no one has posted virtually all day??????????

Anyway, back to "It's a Sad Day."

OK, I admit it. I'm 48 years old. Things just don't work the way they used to. I've been wearing bifocal contact lenses for 2 years now. Three months ago at my yearly exam, he bumped my near vision up one notch (the far vision hasn't changed in something like 8 years).

The new contacts were worse than the old ones. With the new ones, I can see far away, the near vision is no better, but the middle vision (like the computer screen) is MUCH worse.

So today I stopped in to see my optometrist to explain my problem. I suggested that we go back to normal contacts that let me see distance, and that I deal with the near vision with reading glasses ( ).

He said that was fine. I absolutely love my new lenses. I can see distance even better than before. He also gave me some $14 reading glasses (1.25, so it's not really that strong). I've been wearing them on and off all day to read the computer screen and labels and such.

So now I can't see a darn thing close up without them!!!!!

Being the fashion slave that I am, I plan to stop tomorrow to pick up some funky reading glasses.

I'M GETTING OLD!!!!!!!

But I'm not going quietly, I can tell you that much! I've already started coloring and highlighting my hair (I have about 3 gray hairs). My mother passed away at 73 and she only had about 5 gray hairs, so I'm hoping I take after her.

A bawdy wench with gray hair and wrinkles is not my idea of fun. So just get that out of your head, Orang. NO PICS!!!

(sorry, I'm done with my rant now)
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 19:31

BF:

{sniffle} Stopped in mid-photoshop
I was already on my way out on the net to find a sexy lady with gray hair, reading glasses and a coustume suitable for Bawdy's taste.....

Seriously, I'm 47 and have had to wear reading glasses for most up close activities for about 2 years now - the bi-focal contacts didn't work well for me because I have some problems with depth perception - both eyes need to be on the same page or I'm a total klutz

Go get yourself some really cool reading glasses - I have about ten pairs - my grandkids are always borrowing them as fashion accessories - and rarely return them - so I am always having to buy new ones - in the lastest styles of course...

Congrats re: you weight loss and great buys are the grocery.

Ellie
How is your neighbor doing?

So glad to hear DD headaches are pretty much controlled with the meds.

Elaine
The NG tube is the only way I'd eat that green stuff

Marnie:
Congrats on weight loss - yours and your son Pete's. Hope the weather gets better soon.

Dreamer:
Welcome to the thread - looks like we will be celebrating you entry into the one-hundreds soon!

Y'all think I should go bail the yeti out of jail?
Seriously, Rob had a busy morning - I'll let him explain - hope to see him here tonight or in the AM.

Robin:
Cograts on the losses - missing you.

One Eye (Rebecca)
Some things just need to be said twice:
Congrats on being in the one-hundreds
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 22:22

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Hello

I'm here....but I post so late in the evening I think my post gets overlooked
I have committed to bringing my lunch at least 3x a week. Did so today....but was starving by 5!! I either need to eat more or bring snacks.

Turkey day......we are doing ham!! I am not a big turkey fan. Just the 4 of us....so it will be easy for me to stay LC

Tonite DH asked me if I wanted homeade chicken noodle soup for dinner tommorrow nite.... He still does not get this!! He is so sarcastic about it too. I guess he just figures its "just another diet". UGH!!

Have a good nite all!

Robin