Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 06:38

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 186/161/138 Female 65 inches
BF:38/30ish/?
Progress: 52%
Smile I have arrived

On the 23rd of this month it will have been 3 months of locarbing for me. I have found where I was meant to be all these years, and just never knew. Even as a kid I knew I couldn't eat a snack of fruit on an empty stomach, it would dig a pit in my tummy that felt odd. I would feel like I needed some cheese or peanut butter. Now I can see that in my own kids (haven't worked out any locarb with them yet), but it's easier to encourage a fattier snack at times.

I've been experiementing a bit, both willingly and unwillingly. This last weekend was an unwillingly one, and it just confirmed my need to follow this plan. I was gone for 3 days and a few times the food was 100% carbs, and one of those times I had to eat. But it was doable. At a pizza party (yes, I was starved, stupid me) I ate one and only one piece of pizza (no binge). Of course that started the downhill spiral. Later I drank a margarita (but that's a staple for me ). The next day at the breakfast it was only continental and I ate one piece of heavier rye bread (my best choice) with gobs of cream cheese. My lunch of german sausages was probably okay, but sauerkraut wasn't a good choice (carbs and gassy stuff together didn't do too well).

So I spent time with a messed up tummy, and a messed up gut (cause who can potty well on a trip). Note to self--bring a laxative tea on all trips.

But once home and back to my own food, it was a day of locarb and my body cleaning out, and I just feel great again.

I tasted a french fry last night.....nothing. A friend made yummy quesadillas the other night, I ate it, but only a tiny bit of the shell. No one cares what you eat or don't eat. It's when your choices aren't there that it's hard.

I'm just rambling now, but I am so happy that my stomach feels good for the first time in my life.

I'm now a person that drinks too much coffee with cream and SF syrup (my new vice), too much wine...and the occasional margarita. I eat eggs and bacon for breakfast, an occasional Atkins bar, salads and meats, some veggies (not enough), fancy smoked cheeses, and whole pounds of steamed shrimp (a treat). I also treat myself to portobello mushrooms which I cook up with lots of butter.

I hate to take vitamins and other supplements, I need to work on that. I need to get more regular (pun intended) with my fiber supplements, and exercise is not a regular word in my vocabulary.

But I have arrived to the locarb way of life. I am here and I'm going to stay, bad vices and all.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 07:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/174/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Hello and Welcome Home!

Hello Annette

Glad to see that you have everything worked out for the better YOU!

It is just a good feeling...just like coming HOME!

Wishing You Continued Health and Happiness!
Julie
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 16:39
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Annette...

LOL...you and I have the same stance on LC'ing in a way...I'm not giving up my coffee and cream for one thing...I don't want my body to get used to losing weight without it, then bring it back...and bingo, more pounds? Nu-uh...I'm drinking my coffee all the way through...slow loss or not...

Also, I'm not much for exercise - although I have started karate - and OY! the muscles hurt! I'm not much for supplements either, although I get down a one-a-day...the rest is all about the food and attitude.

I'm LC'ing the way it works for me...sometimes my calories are off, sometimes I don't get the water in, etc. but mostly, the principles are sound and I realize that of all the WOE's out there, this is the healthiest and most satisfying for me. Took years of yo-yo's to get here, but I'm not going anywhere else now.

#4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 17:33

Stats: 240/234/150 Female Five Feet
BF:40%
Progress: 7%

Well, I am glad to hear that someone else besides me has those days when you slip a little bit and also those certain foods or drinks that you just can't give up. Mine is milk, at least one glass in the mornings, that is my coffee. I drink my water and go workout at curves on Monday, Wendesay and Friday. I don't drink cokes much anymore. I try not to eat m&m's too much. I went to weight watchers in Jan, that was a bad choice, but I came back to atkins in January. Unfortunately, I haven't lost anymore in the past month. Hopefully, I will start to lose again by eating lowcarb again and working out. So, it is good to hear that there are other not-so-perfect lowcarbers out there like me. Everyone have a good day.
Belle
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 18:06

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%

Congrats on finding your comfort zone!! Everything else will fall into place.

I keep my vitamins on my nightstand and take them before I go to bed. I don't know if this is good or bad, but it's the only time I remember them.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 08:49
Registered Member

Stats: 163/149/125
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Totally Identify!

Annette:

I totally identify with what you're saying.

Like you, I am happiest when LCing, and feel my best...but I don't beat myself up because I am not doing absolutely EVERYTHING to perfection! Good luck to us both!

Joan