Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:23

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Encouragment~

Hi everyone~ I was talking to someone in a post the other day about how long the road was that they had ahead of them.........we talked about taking things a little bit at a time........and how they really do add up......the lessons learned and the lbs gone.
A year from now you can either look back at the positive changes you have made or smack yourself for the ones that you put off.......the time will pass one way or another. I wanted to post these next two pics just to say that it really does make a difference to keep plugging along a little bit at a time.......it has been three years since I really started taking better care of myself.......
This first pic is at my highest......340.......on my wedding day~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 340.jpg (7.6 KB, 73 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:28

BF:
Default after

This next one is a current pic...............I still have 60 lbs to go.........the pic shows a big difference in appearance but doesn't touch on all the inside changes............they happened a little at a time..........I know how impatient I was........I wanted it all to have happened yesterday.......please take each day and do the best you can with it.........when you wake up tomorrow yesterday is gone and off you go again.........towards all you hope will come true for yourselves~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sweet.jpg (7.9 KB, 70 views)
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 13:24

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Thanks for the reminder of how persistence really pays off. I, too, wanted the change to happen fast, but I know in the long run it's better if it doesn't.

Really, thanks for this bit of inspiration and encouragement.

BTW- You look mahvelous (as Billy Crystal would say on Sat. Night Live).

Nikki
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 14:03
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Way to go! You are an inspiration!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 14:38

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Talking Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your insight with us. It is so hard to be patient when you have so far to go. You have done such a great job.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 14:48

BF:

Nikki~ MisterE & Stardust~
Thanks for your posts~*s* I do feel a lot better than I did~

Stardust~
Your avatar is a very sweet picture~*s* As far as my insight goes.......I have been struggling and trying for a long time...........tried every diet to come down the pike.....literally. We are the same, each of us.........maybe different circumstances but the tests and struggles are still the same in many ways......I have just been at it longer~ Next year it will be you posting your hard won knowledge~
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 08:37
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:

AlluraD,
I am such a ditz sometimes! I came back to see if I could get a better look at your before and after pictures after your nice visit to my journal this AM, as my computers do not do you justice. (On mine it is an amazing thing you go from a white woman to a black woman! The picture is very dark!)

Anyway, after my approaching senility cleared a tad and I looked at your STATS, I saw that you had already lost an entire body! You are amazing! I think I failed to tell you that! (I won't forget again!) Amazing, Hell! You are a one woman success story!

Not that it will ever happen to you (SuperWoman!), but to a mere mortal like myself, I might once in a while make the mistake to look and see that I still have a few pounds to go to reach goal and forget to look and see what a truly inspirational loss you have already acheived.

You set a fire under my tail this morning with your success. I am greatful! In awe, I remain, a MisterE.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 08:52

BF:
Default *laughing*

*L*................thank you for the very sweet post~ I could tell Graeme your secret if you like~
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 16:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 316/273/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Thank you!!! This is exactly what keeps me motivated, to see someone else who has done it so well!!! I can't wait to post my before and after photos!! Patience....not so hard to do, life passes quickly anyhow.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 18:43

BF:

MisterE~ You are very kind...........it has been a long haul and a long way to go..........can't in all honesty say that willpower was all that as far as my journey goes...........perseverance..............picking myself up a billion and a half times and licking my wounds is more like it~ *s*
Superwoman??..........well can not claim to being a mere mortal......but no super powers......just a woman~ Nice to have met you~

Justcindy~ *s* I always love to see everyones pics too........and I need to keep seeing mine so I remember how far I have come........I constantly lose sight of that and only focus on how much more I have to lose........wishing us all continued success~
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 10:27

Plan: SF, grain free, vegan
Stats: 230/208.2/199 Female 5'2"
BF:More than enough
Progress: 70%
Cool Dearest Allura...

As I sit here in the desert with my son, daughter-in-law and grandson and miss my honey and babies at home...I was so pleased to see this new thread you have begun.

I too yearn for "after" photos that recall the person I once was...outside, not inside. I have been working on the insides for so long, I have been lax with the outside. But this is my time now...this is where I begin to get serious...this is where I begin to focus...this is where I begin to learn more about how my body works and responds and dissolves

You, my darling friend, have been to me since I entered this forum in January. You have been encouraging and supportive through each of my experiences. You have had quite a year and have come out on top...you are...

AN INSPIRATION!!!

Love & Light,
Pink
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 11:00

BF:

Awwwwwwww pink~ *tight hug*.......You have been a gift to me too my friend~ Your light shines for me. Working on the inside is more important I think .........now you can bring the inner and outer woman into harmony.
You should revel in your beauty and strength~ My thoughts are with you~
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 18:33

Stats: 257/234/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Thumbs up

Allura,

You are truly an inspiration! Everyday when I think that I can no longer go on and I get discouraged I come back to the forum and run across people like you that have not given up. You that made a commitment and kept it. You are my hero! Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
Thank you for sharing your story and your pictures.

Karen
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 18:39

BF:

Karen~ *hug* Thank you very much..........we keep each other going......I love this place!!! It keeps me going too..........there are plenty of days when I could just throw my hands up and cry............and do!!! But I will not give up.........it has taken a lot longer than I ever thought it would and a long way to go yet...........but I remember how good it felt to not carry the burden of this extra weight..........both on my body and in my heart..................and I swear I will get where I want to be!!! So there..........*dusting off hands* *L*
Sweet dreams........I believe in you too~
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 15:11

Stats: 257/234/150 Female 5'3"
BF:

Allura...big hugs back to you. Thank you for believing in me too! Tomorrow will be a weigh in day for me. I hope to see some results. I am just so amazed at what you have done. You are so determined. Keep up the good work. I look forward to more pictures.

Karen