Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 12:00

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Arrow I got rid of my scale. Bad idea or good idea?

Yeah I'm one of those people that are obsessed with the scale.. Get on it everyday.... 50 times a day....It was reasuring knowing I didn't gain, yet disapointing when I wasn't losing.

So I finally got rid of it by sticking it up on the highest shelf in a closet, on top of a bunch of other crap.. Where I'd be too lazy to ever go and get it

But ok. It's been 4 days without it. Which should be a good thing, right?

But now I feel like I don't weigh ANYTHING since I'm not being constantly reminded of my weight and feel like I can eat whatever I want since there are no numbers stopping me. So this plan might be backfiring

That *go by the way your clothes fit* sure isn't no help. I'm bloated because I've been eating a lot of salty foods.

Ugh. I try. I can't win. I don't know how some of you people did it. =/
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 12:17

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

My vote would be: take it down from the shelf and take control of yourself. Only weigh yourself once a day and then log it into fitday - that will be your official weight for the day and don't use it again till the next morning.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 12:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

The same thing happened to me when I "hid" the scale and stopped recording at Fitday. Hey, I know what I'm doing now!

Right? Wrong! Without those two safeguards, I began to "guesstimate" everything and eventually felt out of control.

I'm back to being obsessed...and I don't care who's in control--me or the darn scale.

judy
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 13:36

Plan: Trying CAD
Stats: 183/162.8/120 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I used to get on the scale once at home in the morning and once at night before I leave work. Bad idea because they both say differnt things. I tried to hid my scale, but didn't work. Now I try to just weight myself only in the morning. I think alot of people have this problem. Hang in there and GET THAT SCALE BACK OUT!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 14:17

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

Thanks.

K. I'll get it back down after I go a few days drinking 1000 gallons of water because I'm too scared right now.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 22:07

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default A voice in the other direction

You CAN eat whatever you want, if you're basically following an Atkins-type, LC program. Your body has this wonderful feature--called "hunger"--that tells you when it's time to eat. And then there's the other feature--"feeling full"--that says, "Stop eating now."

When I was doing high carb, I couldn't hear the hunger. Now that I'm on LC, it comes through loud and clear. I believe that if I a) follow LC and b) eat when I'm hungry and quit when I'm satisfied, and c) exercise, my body will find the weight it's meant to have.

"B" is much easier to say than to do, with 30 years of blood-sugar driven binge eating behind me. Still working to sort out the emotional components and triggers. But I CAN tell the difference between eating for emotions and eating for hunger, and when I need to eat for emotions, the scale never stopped me before.

I weigh once a week. The scale sits there all week long. I like to think I am more interesting than what I weigh.