Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 15:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221.8/221.8/155 Female 5’7”
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default The ultimate evil has entered my house!

My daughter is in Girl Scouts and we just picked up her cookie orders today! We preordered a bunch of boxes before we decided to change our WOE. Now they get to sit there until my kids eat them all. Luckily they do well in the freezer. Those cookies range from 4 carbs to 10 carbs per cookie! Ouch! Definitely not worth it! Even though I've had a bad day so far, I Keep telling myself that having even just one would make my day even worse!

Aargh!!!!!

-Cait

Last edited by chysmith : Sun, Feb-23-03 at 15:05.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 15:24

Stats: 138/132/120
BF:
Progress: 33%

Cait,

I feel your pain. Yesterday my daughter visited and brought along with her my favorite goodie in the world, a dozen warm, fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I can't tell you how my mouth watered all day yesterday and this morning until my husband consumed the last one.

It is so strange that she brought the exact thing that I had craved all this week.The good news is I didn't have one bite, but I came oh so close.

Just stay FOCUSED and keep those things out of sight!!! I know you can do it!!!

Pars
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 15:31

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 285/227/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Great job sticking to your wol! GOOD for you, you deserve huge back pattings!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 15:38

Plan: Modified SB...switched from Atkins
Stats: 150/145/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Resolve Testers

I currently have Samoas and All abouts. Havent touched a one and those Samoas...they look so good in their ooey gooey sinfulness!!

Great resolve Cait, how was your walk?

Much love, laughter, success
BB.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 15:40

Plan: South/Atkins/Ornish/etc.
Stats: 275/260/190 Male 5'10"
BF:lbs&in. first, ok?
Progress: 18%

It's funny. In the past I could easily sit down with an entire box of girl scout cookies and a good book to read. While I was helping unpack the van, I was looking at enough sugar to embalm my body and thinking: "I don't need this." I have absolutely no craving for these things. Who'd have thought?
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 16:58
Registered Member

Plan: Cyclical Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 330/290/225 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Okay,
I can top that!

When I was a kid (we're from Louisville, KY.) I lived RIGHT BEHIND (I mean litterally) the Bremner Biscuit and Cookie company(one of their divisions was called "Little Brownie bakery" or something to that effect.), which is the company that makes Girlscout cookies! I could have hit the building using a slingshot...You can not imagine the smell!
OMG!!!
When they started baking the GS cookies, it was heaven!!

I'm a Samoa fan myself.

My Dad bought a bunch of GS cookies, and I didn't eat a single one...I didn't even crave any of them, so this WOE is really working out for me.

Tim
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 17:08

Stats: 221.8/221.8/155 Female 5’7”
BF:
Progress: 0%

You know why they call them Samoas don't you? Because everyone wants sam-mo-a Glad to hear you don't want any more!

BB, I haven't made it out on my walk yet. I was on my way out this morning and Scott and the kids returned early from church. We're going to head out in about 10 mins. and take the kids up to the park. It'll end up being about a mile at the kid's pace. I'm going to put our youngest in the back carrier instead of the stroller.

-Cait
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 17:56
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/227/140
BF:
Progress: 13%

For a minute I thought this post was going to say "Domino's Delivered" you can tell where my mind is,and weakness!
When I first went on this my daughter sold sub sand-
wiches for a school charity.My husband had 33 orders from work and I had to keep them overnight.They practically fell out of the fridge calling my name.
Have something sweet and legal!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 18:48

Stats: 195??/186/150
BF:
Progress:

I went to walmart yesterday where I was flogged by cute little girls in green outfits. LOL. I managed to squeak out a "no" and proceeded to enter the store where I immediatley made sure I was armed with all kinds of Atkins goodies before exiting the store. LOL.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 19:33

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%
Unhappy WOW!!!!

That many carbs per cookie! And I used to eat a box at a time. I can't even imagine eating that way ever again. I bet I ate thousands of carbs a day at times. Vonnie
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 19:53

Stats: 186/175/155
BF:29%
Progress: 35%

I was dreading the Girl Scout cookie season because I have always bought about 25 boxes from my good friend's daughter. I saw my friend the other day and asked her in a weak voice when the cookie sales were starting and she told me that her daughter quit Girl Scouts!! Hooray!!!!

I nearly cried I was so happy. Those Thin Mints have been my favorite cookie since I was a kid.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 19:53

Plan: Modified SB...switched from Atkins
Stats: 150/145/125
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
You know why they call them Samoas don't you? Because everyone wants sam-mo-a Glad to hear you don't want any more!

Lol too cute Cait.

Glad the weathers nice enough for a trip to the park where you are. It was 7 degrees here with -4 wind chill factor.

We are doing so great with the girl scout cookies! I cant imagine downing them like I used to. If its not legal I dont eat it, and with so many low-carb substitutions and recipes growing everyday, combined with the control over cravings, I find that its pretty easy to do just that.

Dr Atkins RAWKS! lol

BB.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 21:01

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%
Talking Me too!!!

That is so funny, Cait, I was just gonna post about the same thing and call it "the ultimate torture!" I have a daughter in scouts, and have 100 boxes in my house right now! UGH!!!!!!! Luckily, most of them are for other people, but about 6 boxes are ours, my DH ordered before HE started lowcarbing.

Right now I am having tea, and thinking, mmmm, a shortbread cookie would go so good with this!!!! Somebody slap me, please! The samoa's are my fav, too. Sigh. Glad to know I am not the only one with this "evil" in my house!

Thanks!

-Jess
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 10:44

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Girl Scout Cookie Time

My daughters' cookie orders are here in the house! We bought 6 boxes! So far so good! no temptation...yet! I have been passing them off to hubby and the three girls. I am hoping they will all be gone by the time my will power caves in.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 10:49

Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%
Talking

Ulgh. I ordered them from my neice. With no intentions of eating them of course.

I have been conditioning myself, getting ready for that delivery. As soon as they get here, I'm leaving them in the big box and driving them straight to someone elses house.