Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 13:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/190/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%
Unhappy Horrible Thanksgiving Guilt

I feel just horrible.

My family has celebrated Thanksgiving twice in the past week and I gave in both times. I wish that holidays didn't always involve food. I guess that I will have to start the induction all over again. I was doing so well, but Thanksgiving always gets me.

Wish me luck.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 15:15

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

Obviously, I haven't had to deal with the Thanksgiving problem as we don't have it in Ireland... but I am absolutely dreading the culinary temptations that Christmas brings! Don't beat yourself up. what's a couple of days? really. you have your whole life to eat properly, start again now. Doods
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 17:01

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

You haven't lost the game unless you give up !

Today is a new day----- Fight the fat !

Ellie
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 17:11

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Forget the experience, and remember only the lesson.

What was the lesson you can take from this?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 17:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Its the guilt that will do U more harm than the food really did. I would suggest getting back on induction. Also Dr.Atkins reccommends to fight cravings take chromium. We are all human and make mistakes. Just try to gain from this experience and have a plan in place next time...that may help.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 17:56
Registered Member

Stats: 231.5/189/150
BF:
Progress: 52%

Don't beat yourself up over this ... this is a brand new day.
Nancy
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 20:55

Stats: 250/237/130
BF:
Progress:
Red face

I didn't do so hot yesterday either and unfortunately it has carried somewhat into today. I tell you what, not only am I not happy with myself, but physically I feel horrible. I guess that is what a few extra carbs will do to you, after your body gets used to LC.

Well, I know what tomorrow will bring for me, back to the gym to swim my 40 laps, something I haven't done all week and back to induction full blast. Thank goodness I have such a supportive husband. He talked me out of going Chineese this evening. My cravings have been so bad.

Hang in there everyone, and as my grandmother always says, "Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life"

We all have the strength within us to perservere. Everyone please keep posting! your suggestions have helped me out alot!

Christina
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 01:34
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 178/150/150
BF:
Progress: 100%
Lightbulb Re: Horrible Thanksgiving Guilt

Quote:
Originally posted by mabacacia
I wish that holidays didn't always involve food
Well, there's always Lent!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 07:09

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Well like LC sponge says, What lesson have you learned in this?

Forget the guilt part and just take it as a lesson in this woe.

We have all done this mab. For me it has always been a step in the right direction, not guilt. Try looking at this as a learning experinence and you will grow from it.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 18:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Protien power
Stats: 164/149/130
BF:
Progress: 44%
Thumbs down Temptation time of year

I too am going thru the yucks today. Not only have I been way off the wagon I feel very gross. I didn't pig out, pig out but what I ate was definately not the WOE. So I told my husband Monday that it was back to the WOL. Will have to go back to induction, but that is the price of major cheating. I know I can do it!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 18:46
Registered Member

Stats: 231.5/189/150
BF:
Progress: 52%

I was so uncomfortable during induction ... that in itself helps to keep me on track.
Nancy
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 16:00

Stats: 324/253/150
BF:
Progress: 41%

I agree with you wholeheartedly! I have been on Atkins for 5 months and lost 59 lbs. I chose at Thanksgiving to have a spoon of cornbread dressing because I love it and to me that was Thanksgiving - getting to eat cornbread dressing with cranberry sauce.

I say again....was Thanksgiving....I was so disappointed in the taste of the cornbread dressing! It wasn't anything like I remembered, violins didn't play in the background, the earth didn't tremble, and I don't need it (NOW) to enjoy Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Quote:
We all have the strength within us to perservere.

Happy Holidays! Enjoy the true spirit of the holidays...enjoy the crisp air, the smells of fireplaces all warm, the wonder of children, the closeness of families ... the REAL nourshment of the holidays that reaches deeper than any craving for "cornbread dressing".
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 00:13

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Take the lesson leave the guilt

Wow that is a tuff lesson and then the detox again... I use to feel the worst...It would strengthen my resolve though that my body does need this WOE. Carb hang-overs STINK!

Everyone has their own secrets to get past those family favorites, one of mine is to take the smallest of t-spoons and pick just one thing I think I couldn't live without...at our home table picking just one is tricky but just one and a t-spoon is all I take. It usually isn't as good as my mind thought either too sweet (usually) or too bland and doughy either way I've had my fill of it and haven't slayed my hard work.

I also try to bring at least two legal dishes or things wherever I go so I know I will have something I don't have to ask the maker for a list of ingredients on....and later hear...Oh yea I forgot I put those breadcrumbs, etc in there. YIKES!

Just a thought, Best of luck and you CAN do it!

B
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 08:35
Registered Member

Stats: 165/132/125
BF:
Progress: 83%

Don't be so hard on yourself. I blew it too. It wasn't even the cravings. I did it knowingly and with premeditation. Although I only had a small helping of pie, I ate almost a whole tray of dressing between Thursday and Saturday. And sweet potatoes - oh my. Best thing was I felt miserable. Bloated and gassy and somewhat hungover. I am back on full force this morning. I never let myself get too far away from induction so two weeks of 20 grams and under won't hurt much. I just know how much better I feel on it. And really, a couple days off this woe won't really kill ya in the long run. Its just a small bump in the road.

Best of luck to ya!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 12:14

Plan:
Stats: 175/140/125
BF:
Progress:
Wink Not alone

It was a 4 AlkaSeltzer Thanksgiving!... One of the things I like about low-carb is no indigestion! but when I bolw it ...here comes the misery.. I am back on track. I need to take off several pounds that I have re-added. but if I did it once, I can do it again. I would like to lose 25 by 12-25. Stay focused!