Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 14:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/207.5/170 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Where do you get your favorite LC foods?

Hi everyone! I'm new to this, it's my 7th day (induction and all). I've been doing pretty well (for being a 110% carb/sugar addict) and I'm looking forward to incorporating some fruits into this new WOE.

I was hoping some of you could recommend stores where you purchase your favorite LC foods. I know Wal Mart has certain things and Trader Joe's does also. I just don't know what food from which place is best. I haven't tried any bars or shakes yet, but I'm sure they'll come in handy later on.

TIA for any info.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 14:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

If you live in Southern CA, there is a Humphry's yogurt shop in Sherman Oaks. I am there every week picking up some stuff, and they have the best price in town on the Atkins bars.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 15:01

BF:

SLP, thanks for the heads up. I'm in Southern Cali, but not close to Sherman Oaks (Orange County actually). If I'm ever out that way I'll check it out though!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 15:35

Stats: 161/146/135
BF:00/35%/24%
Progress: 58%
Default Welcome

Bina welcome to the world of LCing
I live in the Hi Desert and purchase most of my LC stuff from Albertsons.
I recently went to VONS, they have a lot of LC stuff. They have LC ice cream, LC tortillas, bars, and shakes. Of course it is NOT cheap. Health food stores also carry alot of LC products.

Good luck
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 15:40

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 165/129/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 103%

Does anyone know if Food4Less or Stater Bros carries anything? The nearest Vons is 30 minutes away! (Yes I'm lazy, I HATE driving)

Tiffany
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 15:41

BF:

Thanks Lisa! I saw the Atkins stuff at Albertson's but the prices are outrageous! I think Sam's Club has some, but I don't have a membership so I haven't been there. I'll keep checking though. Thanks again!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 15:51

Plan: Healthy Eating
Stats: 200/193/170 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Gnc

GNC's are having 20% off any box of bars right now (any brand, not just Atkins) PLUS if you have a Gold Card you get another 20% off the box----their Atkins bars a box are normally around $37. You can get them for $22.

They also carry syrups, baking mixes, ready to drink shakes, shake mixes, bbq sauces, morning bars and bread mixes. In my area every 1st through the 7th of each month, Gold Card members get an extra 20% off anything in the store.

Also I saw a post on here about vitaminshoppe.com and ordered some Atkins products from them. Most of the items I purchased are on backorder though. I haven't received anything yet, so I don't know if I'll have problems with them or not. It's vitaminshoppe.com Shipping is a flat rate of $4.99

Hope this helps some.

#8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 16:02

BF:

Awesome TRW!! Thanks! I'll definitely check out GNC.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 16:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

www.netrition.com

click on: very low carb foods

Today I just got in some Low Carb Success GRANOLA, cinnamon flavor, it is DIVINE!!! I order six packages of La Tortilla Factory tortillas there at a time, along with the flax-0-meal hot cereal and other goodies.

good stuff, a great and easy site to order, and I always get the stuff in about 2 days.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 16:28

BF:

WOW Wordlady!! That is so neat! I love learning about all these new things! So impowering! THANKS!