Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 15:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/195/154 Female 5,6
BF:pass .
Progress:
Default ok i admit it im scared to weigh myself

there i got that off my chest , the weight in my profile is the weight i was maybe 3 months ago when the doctor weighed me. ive been doing atkins since 2nd jan and i know ive lost some weight casue i can fastern a pair of pants that wouldent on new years eve . how can i get over this fear of getting on the scales.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 15:33
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Who says you have to weigh yourself?? I say don't bother!! Just continue to use your jeans as a guide!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 15:34

Plan: adkins
Stats: 182/178/135 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Cool

Hi there!

I am wondering what you are afraid of? Could you be afraid of being sucessful at losing? You noted that pants are fitting better...

I guess you have to think through for a bit what it i that your truly afraid of?

It probably doesn't really matter what the scale says anyways as long as your feeling healthy and your clothes are fitting better.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 17:48

Progress:

i know exactly what im afraid of , about two years ago i lost abot 2and half stone . but let it go, and im scared that i will weigh more than i did before i started my last real attempt to loose weight . also i guess im scarecat failing this time as well
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 18:46

BF:
Cool

ahh, you know none of us can go back. We are all here with memories of bodies that ONCE WERE< or bodies that COULD BE.

No one here will judge you.

It must be torturing you not knowing. To me- not knowing is the worst. Once I know what ever the news is, I can begin to deal with it.

WE ALL HAVE REGRETS- trust me.

The good thing is, you have done this before. This time you know the pitfalls.
Me too.

Its so much easier to put it on and ignore the obvious.

Remember to focus on the fact that YOU are TAKING CHARGE. (This message is for me too)

Keep me posted.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 19:38

Plan: Superfoods RX
Stats: 270.5/228/170 Female 68.5 inches
BF:TOO MUCH
Progress: 42%
Talking Clint Eastwood Diet

One of my favourite cartoons was titled "The Dirty Harry Diet". A woman was standing on a scale, pointing a Magnum 45 at the dial and the caption was:

"Go Ahead! MAKE MY DAY!"

Something I have read in tons of posts on this site, and in DANDR book is that, the scale may not move, but your clothes will feel differently. I know we all are so used to letting those damn numbers almost rule our lives it is hard to believe. I can remember when the weighin would set my mood for a day/week, and often discourage me so much I would say the hell with it and blow whatever stupid diet I was on at the time.

Perhaps we all need to do a combination of both..pay attention to our jeans, AND the scale..but only the scale once a week? Perhaps someone should make a scale that is shaped like a pair of jeans?
Good luck, we are rooting for you!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 19:48
Living Healthy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

Honestly, I didn't get on the scales (didn't even own any) for the first 3 months I was doing Atkins. I knew I was losing weight by the fit of my clothes--and after that three months it was a wonderful surprise to learn how much. If you don't want to weigh yourself right now, don't. If you really want to, but are afraid, remember that what updown posted is true--no one here will judge you. We're all in this together.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 07:51

Progress:

cool thank you everybody , i think im going to stay on diet till end of jan then weigh myself. thats the best idear i think cause i know what im like and i get on scales and it says more than 195 ill chuck the whole thing in
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 19:14

BF:
Cool

Hi! I hope you feel better, now that you have a plan of action