Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 13:05

Plan: CAD
Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%
Default 200lbs anyone???

Is anyone out there trying to break 200lbs? I'm at about 220-221lbs right now, and I have my sights set on breaking 200! I can't wait until I break that one! It will be the first time in years I have been below 200lbs AND at 199.4 I will have lost 50lbs!

So anyone else out there who is trying to break 200, let me know!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 13:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Me!!

My first mini goal I have set for myself is 199 - I want to see a 1 in the first digit of my weight! That day will be a very happy day indeed. I know it is only 1 pound from 200 - but still a great milestone to reach.

My weight as of this morning has be at a total loss of 37.5 pounds, only 5.5 more pounds.

We can do this! Yay us!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 15:06

Congrats on your loss so far! I've lost 28.4lbs so far, and can't wait til the next 20 goes and I'm below 200. I know, it will be so exciting to have my weight start with a '1'!

How long have you been LCing for? I've been at it since the end of February, so I'm pretty proud of my loss so far, about 10lbs a month is nice and quick but not dangerously so.

I was watching "the view" the last few weeks and they were doing lo-cal, lo-fat and they were losing up to 12lbs in a week, and I was thinking about the fact that is WAY too fast, and their doctors would tell them to stop a plan like that AND if you lose that much, that fast, how long are you going to be able to maintain?!? Lol basically, what I'm saying here is LO CARB RULES!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 20:23

BF:

I started the Atkins diet on January 20th, 2002. If I can loose 1.5-2.00 pounds (on average) a week, I will be one happy camper! I calculate that I will reach goal around March, 2003.

I agree, losing weight slower is much better - gives your body time to adjust - and you are not starving yourself. Plus the skin has more of a chance to bounce back!

I also agree,

LOW CARB RULES!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 20:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/198.6/170 Female 67inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

Count me in. I came back to atkin's almost two weeks ago. I haven't weighed til today, I was to afraid to see just how pathetic my weight was. I read this thread and figured why not, stripped down and got on the scales. Ok 211, certainly not as bad as it could be (realizing everyone here that weighs like 123 is going ugh 211??!!) whatever.
ok, let's see what a one as the front number of our weight looks like!
I had a salad with grilled chicken and cheese for lunch, with ranch, Dinner was a whole passle of hot wings, I fried the drummettes in olive oil (no coating) then simmered them in a mix of butter, garlic and Frank's red hot sauce.
As always, my problem will be not drinking enough(any) water.
So, what did you guys eat today?
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 20:54

BF:

Breakfast:
3 eggs
Hamburger patty with a bit of A1 steak sauce

Lunch:
4 fiber crackers (4 carbs each) with cream cheese
Tuna and mayo
...I was hungry at lunch!

Dinner:
1 very large BBQ'd chicken breast
2 cups green beans drenched in butter

BBQ sauce hubby got of the internet, I've had better, but not a good cheap (make it yourself) kind - it was great! Normally on weekdays, I eat more veggies in the form of salad. Wendy's chicken BLT being my favorite (but with ranch dressing of course!)
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 21:15

I had 2 hotdogs and some celery & cheez-whiz for lunch(I woke up late and didn't eat breakfast)

For dinner I had lasagna & ceaser salad(I'm on CAD so I get a reward meal at dinner)

Lol don't worry about people who weigh 123lbs! I don't think any of them are browsing this thread!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 10:49

Stats: 244/225/215 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%
Smile Count Me In

Hello Everyone. I have a mini goal of 199 too. I have been lcing since the middle of March. I am ok with my results so far, but I will be extremely happy when I get to see a "1" also.

kalondra
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 06:27

BF:

I am off work today, so I will do a lot of brainstorming about low carb menus. It is easier to low carb at home than at work. At work when I get that torpedos be damned I gotta eat SOMETHING feeling, the only choice is the snack machine in the breakroom, and there is NOTHING in there that constitutes a good LC choice.
Yesterday for breakfast I ate the sausage and egg off a croissanwich from burger king. lunch I had the half a piece of ham and some green beans at cracker barrel (I really would have prefered the country fried steak, mashed potatoes, hash brown casserole and biscuits.....but that seemed wrong) For dinner at home I cooked hamburgers on the george foreman grill and steamed broccolli. and ate a couple of chunks of cheese.
I am already feeling a lot better doing low carb, I do have more energy throughout the day, but by the time evening comes, I almost pass out the second my head hits the pillow
Low carb is helping the family as well, I simply buy no junk foods, so even tho they are not low carbing, neither are they consuming chips, cookies and doughnuts......
happy low carb tuesday everyone.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 06:58

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

CC or 199 are goals of mine for this summer. I've been off LC for a month but will be back on it by mid-June or July 1 (had some surgery in April and am healing) .

I'd LOVE to see the big 2 disappear.

BarB
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 09:10

I'm so glad to see that so many people have the same goal I do! Its nice to have some company on this road. I'm waiting for my dad to wake up so that I can weigh myself(the scale is in the bathroom off the master bedroom and he's working night shift)

Hey, Molmerlin, don't you just love your George Foreman Grill?? I got one for Christmas and I LOVE IT! Have you ever tried grilling your brocoli. Cut it up and put it in a bowl with a lid, then put some olive oil over it, put the lid on and shake so that each piece gets oil on it(but not too much) and then put it on the grill. Its delicious!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 09:14

Stats: 226/198/140
BF:
Progress: 33%
Angry Stalled at 200!

I've been sitting at 200 for 6 wks now and am getting frustrated. I would love to see even a 1 pound loss. However, im determined not to weigh every day or even every week because seeing no change really makes me want to eat every carb in sight! Guess i just have to wait it out.

Deb
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 19:31

BF:
Cool

Ivory, I will definitely try the broccoli idea. Sounds interesting. I can't imagine what that will taste like.
Around mid morning I had two eggs and I think five strips of bacon, didn't eat again til around six thirty and I ate part of one of those rotissere chickens from Kroger and some cream cheese.
I have not eaten enough today, and that still sounds wierd to say, but I know the only way to do this is to eat plenty, cause it's when you don't eat that you get so hungry that you will eat whatever is in sight (like those lucious Krispy Kreme doughnuts they had on display at Kroger)
Six weeks is a long time to be at one weight, one day you will wake up and be 195 and the day will be glorious.
I know we all want to see what a one looks like as the first number in our weight, but what are everyone's goals? I really think I could be happy being a fourteen for a while. The kind of fourteen that I could walk into any store and just buy a fourteen, not hope that they ran big etc.
I am lucky, everyone is very supportive of me, and the weather is finely beautiful. so all is well with everything. Happy day to ALL!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 04:33

BF:

I've found that at 5' 4'' I must carry my weight differently than most - even other people of my height. I am still wearing size 22 - I was up to a size 26/28. I will be estatic when I hit a size 18 - but my true goal is somewher earound a size 10/12. But I will take whatever I get, as long as I feel good!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 06:58

Grr! I weighed in this morning and there wasn't a change. I seem to be stuck around 222ish. Most days lately its been around there, and then there's a day or so when it'll dip down to 220ish, just to tease me. This is frustrating!

Here's a question, how often does everyone cheat? I'm not a very good Cad-er. I have at least one little indescretion every day and thats probably why I'm stuck. My problem is the little things, like having one chip(yes you CAN eat just one!) and things like that.