Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 09:48
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%
Default Weekend BFL Check-in 02/07/04

Hi everyone,

So how was your BFL week. I hope you had a good week in the gym. What kind of cardio are you doing on cardio days? Where you able to stick to your nutrition plan this week?

Well, I have nothing to report for this week. I've had to take a couple weeks off and I'm feeling it. I have an excuse for that, but I don't have an excuse for eating as poorly as I have been. So next week I'm gonna get back on track and start getting to the gym again. I hope you all had a great BFL week.

Arnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 14:49

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

I managed to get in all my BFL workouts this week despite getting a killer stomach virus Sunday night (turns out it wasn't food poisoning). I am doing my cardio either in my water aerobics classes or on the treadmill. I may try the elliptical with the handles and see if I can get my heart rate up on it. The one without the handles is too easy unless I turn up the resistance, in which case it hurts my knees. Currently this is how I do the treadmill (I keep the incline flat):
level 5: 5mph
level 6: 5.5mph
level 7: 6mph
level 8: 6.5mph
level 9: 7mph
level 10: 7.5mph

My nutrition got off to a rocky start since my stomach was so sensitive at first. I started eating BFL style again by Wednesday. I lost 2# (122), mostly due to being sick.

Jen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 07:26
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

I had a cold--fortunately not too bad, the only symptom was a bit of congestion and some annoying headaches.

Did all my BFL workouts and pushed my bench to 6 x 99 lbs unassisted. I'm really itching to get it over 100 but we shall see what happens this week. Raised the weight on Biceps, Back, Shoulder and Calf sets, and changed my Ab program to something that won't build the muscle up quite so much while I'm still stripping fat off.

Also did all my cardio for the week along with 3 x 40 - 45 minute extra (not high intensity) tacked onto the end.

Nutrition has been great and I'm even managing to get in 5 meals/day. I don't bother trying for 6, as it's too easy for me to eat too many calories when I have 6 meals.

I do feel as if I'm living at the gym, but when I see results like I saw this morning--2.5 lbs down, another 1% BF gone and big progress in the reference clothes--it's worth it.

I hope we're all feeling better this week!

Emily
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 09:18

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

I had an ok week. Got my stitches out - mostly. They missed one which I did myself at home. Was told to go easy on the hand for a day or two after the stitches came out. Got in one awesome LBWO and 4 cardios, but no upper. TOM really sucked this week too. Even with bloating and a sketchy week, I lost some fractions of inches and a half a percent of BF. (scale weight went up)

Am feeling chipper this morning, and the water weight is gone. Looking forward to putting it all back together now that my hand is ok.

Cheers!

Friday