Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 20:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/155/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Guilty!!

I feel so bad! I've been so good about staying away from the low carb legal treats and tonight I pigged out! I had half cup of rasberries with about 3 tbsp of whipping cream and half a tsp of splenda. Not bad until I had another and then one more! It was so yummy, but now I feel totally guilty! I pretty much ate 1/2 a bag of frozen rasberries with about 1 cup of whipping cream and 2 tsp of splenda Help! Did I wreck my ketosis or what? I don't have keto stix but can just tell by my breath! Anyhow just mainly wanted to vent.Thanks .....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 20:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Hi Lilwog,

Deep breaths!

You did get though a few carbs with that little party...so you may hav thrown yourself out of ketosis. I'm not sure how long you have been LCing though?

Climb back on the wagon though...tomorrow is another day

Lesley
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 23:38

BF:

I've been lo carbing for about 4 months but not strict or anything. I went back to induction 3 days ago because I kept messing up and my weight fluncuated so bad. So now I'm trying really hard and WILL get back with the program! Thanks for your input
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 00:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/202/120
BF:
Progress: 5%

lilwog,
Just out of curiosity, what does your breath have to do with it. Maybe I am missing something here. Please write back and let me know. And keep your head up, tomorrow is always a brand new day!!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 02:50

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

lilwog I moved your thread over to the confession booth since that is what the contents were more about

Hope you don't mind.

btw You could have done far worse on the "cheat" at least it was fresh fruit, whipping cream and splenda instead of a piece of chocolate thunder from downunder (chocolate mousse cake with fudge and ice cream)

Depending on what your CCL is you may not have thrown yourself out of ketosis. Have you found your number yet?

Jump back on the wagon, drink lots of water and try to figure out what triggered the binge
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 10:10

BF:
Talking Keto Breath!

Crazy lady, I was referring to the weird smell coming from my mouth when I am in Ketosis. Ive read about it and think it's quite normal. I also know Im in Keto when I feel hot and cold flashes. I hope that's normal, im too young for menopause! Anyhow, Im going to buy some keto stix so I can be sure I'm in! Bye for now!