Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 08:33

Plan: Diabetic Food Pyramid
Stats: 269/224.4/130 Female 61 inches=  5 ft. 1 in.
BF:SCARY!!!!!!
Progress: 32%
Default How do you drink your H2O????

I was just wondering how everyone drinks their water?? I know, for me, there are days that I have to FORCE myself to drink it!! How does everyone stay on track with it?? I drink distilled water, only cuz that is the only water that I can stand to drink. I usually drink it out of a container with the oz. listed on it, so I can keep track. Some days though, it just seems too overwhelming to drink it that way. Any ideas?? How do you all do it??

Thanks~ Heather
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 08:39

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

Well i can drink more water at 'room temp'. I use a 24oz sport bottle at least twice a day. I keep it at my desk (room temp) and just drink thru out the day. I used to feel the way you do, but i guess as you go on lc'ing you get used to it...Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 08:46
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%

My family drinks a lot of bottled water. We have one of those small refrigerators pack full of bottled water in the family room. I also have a case of water here at work. I drink water almost exclusively. When I go anywhere, I always have a bottle of water (or two) with me. When I leave the house to go to work, when I leave work to go to lunch, when I leave work to go home, I always have my water with me. Having it around all of the time, at hand, makes it easy to drink all the water you need, and then some!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 256/233.6/150 Female 62 inches
BF:50
Progress: 21%
Cool

Last week I purchased a water mug that holds 64 ounces! I figure lifting it is a workout not to mention the exercise going to the ladies room! Each morning I fill it with ice and water and strart drinking and refill as the day goes on (usually refill at least twice). It is pretty well insulated so the ice lasts all day. It's too large to be overlooked sitting on my desk so I am constantly drinking. The big joke in my office is that a meeting is too long if I have to refill my water mug before it is over. Sometimes I have a day that I don't seem to be drinking enough and I will add a squeeze of lemon or a little crystal light (very weak) to make it more appealing. I have one cup of coffee in the morning, drink water all day, and reward myself with a glass of wine or diet soda with dinner if I have drank enough water.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 08:48
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I drink mine real cold straight out of the freezer. I read some where that ice cold water is better than room tempature cause the body flushes it out better therefore not leaving you with water retention.

Oh and I drink it out of the bottle it came in. That way when it's all gone I pick up another one.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 09:01

Plan: Diabetic Food Pyramid
Stats: 269/224.4/130 Female 61 inches=  5 ft. 1 in.
BF:SCARY!!!!!!
Progress: 32%

I think that this has been the most difficult thing for me, is drinking the water. Though, I know it's the most important!!! On the days that I drink my water, I usually drink about 96 oz. (my husband drinks a full gallon), I feel the best when I drink that much, and am not hungry. There are days that I REALLY struggle to get down the first 32 oz. (that is the size of my container). I figure that drinking some, is better than none at all, but I'm going to try some of the different ways that you all do it!!! I drink mine room temperature usually too, though I do like it cold (I'll have to try it out of the freezer!!) People tell me that eventually, I will start to crave it, but I've been LC'ing for 2 months now, and I STILL HATE IT!!! LOL!!! Thanks for all your replies!! Heather

P.S. How much do you all drink a day??? Do you find that more or less than the recommended 64 oz. is what works best for you???
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 09:03
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

I usually drink mine canned, carbonated and mixed with Diet Coke syrup!

#8   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 09:08
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I only drink 3 liters a day which is 16 cups. And ice cold taste much better IMO.

Try it!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 09:20
Registered Member

Plan: ongoing baby
Stats: 325/203/180 Male 6'0"
BF:17%
Progress: 84%

I chew sugarless carefree gum while I drink it. It goes down a lot easier cause its got the taste of the gum along with it. I dunno....works for me!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 09:22

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I drink 3-4 32 oz Nalgene bottles of filtered room-temp water per day. I try to spread them out through the day, but I tend to drink a lot of water in the morning after breakfast.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:06
Call me Magic

Plan: atkins
Stats: 238/194/160 Female 5'10
BF:

I can't drink it cold - it makes my stomach cramp for some reason. The best way for me to get it down is to use 32oz bottles, room temperature H20 and some fresh squeezed lemon juice to taste. It works like a charm for me!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:31

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

ice cold for me too. i only drink water. i dont really keep track- i prolly should. and i prolly should drink more. i think i prolly get in about 64 Ozs a day, but i could do much better than that if i really paid attention.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:37

Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots

I just put ice in it and chug away. I LOVE water.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 11:09

Plan: protein power
Stats: 430/355/? Female 5'8
BF:
Progress:

I learned to love water especially since diet soda causes me gastroinstential distress. I drink it ice cold sometimes with a spritz of lemon or lime juice. I'll freeze a huge bottle of water before leaving for class. It's cold all day and very refreshing in this humid weather in nyc lately.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 11:23

Stats: 250/-/- Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 22%

I usually drink it straight up from the bottle or on the rocks!

No really, I read a couple years ago that drinking very cold water would help speed up your metabolism. Now, granted that may be all bogus crap, but I bought into it and I drink mine cold. I drink 33.8 oz (1 liter) bottles at a time and tend to get 3 1/2 in on a good day. On a bad day, I get in 2 to 3 liters.