Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-02, 06:35

Plan: CAD (again)
Stats: 135/130.8/121
BF:
Progress: 30%
Angry Whine! Whine! Whine!

In a nutshell: my RMs are pig-outs!! The incredible thing is that for everything else my discipline is fantastic!!

When I started the program (again) I went from eating about 6 or 7 times a day, to eating only twice (breakfast is only coffee), I don't touch anything between meals, I don't taste what I cook (tough on guests ), I don't have coffee or tea or diet soda or diet sweets ... nothing!!! And yet I get to my RM (and by the way, I'm not that hungry at all!) and go absolutely crazy!!

The thing is that I'm digesting fine, I've got no stomach problems or hunger pangs, or bloating or anything at all. Practically it's the perfect WOL. If I could only just control myself at my RMs and believe in it!! Since Thursday I've lost about a pound, it's not much, but considering the RMs I'm having and TOM I'd say it's fine.

OK so it works : so why do I get awful attacks of "It's never going to work, it can't work, it's working but I won't believe it" and hog out? Why can't my brain just give it a chance?!?!?!?!?

OK! OK! I've finished, thanks for listening if you haven't fallen asleep on your keyboard

Hugs
Choc
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-02, 07:18
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Chocolate,

As soon as I read your post two things jumped into my mind.

Firstly, CAD might not be the best programme for you. Many people who are severely addicted to carbs cannot cope with the reward meal - it sets off too many cravings. So maybe another LC plan might work better. If you check the plan summaries in "Which low carb plan is right for me?" at the right side of the screen, you might find a plan that suits you better.

The other thing that struck me was that maybe your body is trying to tell you it is happy at your present weight. If you are 173cm or 5'9, your weight is actually very good. Sometimes our bodies will resist further weight loss attempts if that is your "set weight."

Are you exercising at all? Maybe you'd feel better about yourself if you did some gym work. How about checking our exercise forums for some advice?

All the best to you, Choc.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 08:37
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Rosebud is right. CAD is not for everyone. At the same time, to satisfy my curiousity, answer think about and answer these two questions for me.

Do you have increased carb cravings after your reward meal and can't stop at the 60 minute bell?

Or

Are you able to stop at 60 minutes and feel full and satisfied but just pig out at the reward meal?

Answer those questions for me and I will tell you what I think based on the answers you give.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 04:53

Plan: CAD (again)
Stats: 135/130.8/121
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Hi guys!!

I'm so sorry for answering so late but I don't have internet in the office any more so I come and take a peep when I can.

Rosebud: I know I'm not "fat" but I really have tiny bones even though I'm quite tall and until a short time ago did weigh much less. I'm not at all muscly although I did add some before the summer by doing some weight training.

As for CAD being the plan for me or not I can say that so far I think it is because there are times when you just can't avoid eating carbs and CAD allows me to avoid the mental attitude of "Oh well tonight I'm eating out and will be having carbs so I may as well graze all day" if you know what I mean. I can have a "normal" meal and still lose weight. Theoretically.

Zuleikaa: I have no cravings whatsoever on Cad and sometimes during my reward meal I'm not even hungry. I think it's a form of childishness as in "I can have it so I will". Actually I posted my whine over a week ago and had been doing CAD for about 5 days but since then have managed to improve. Maybe I was just trying to prove to myself that it works because my mind was telling me that it's just too good to be true. Just like you said to me on another thread.

Thank you both foryour suggestions and your concern, it's good to have someone to ask!!!

Bye and good lauck to you both
Choc
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 08:27

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hey, chocolate (LUV your handle!)....I was eagerly awaiting your answers, too, and am delighted to hear that CAD is working well for ya.

Hope you will be able to sneak onto the web regularly so we can visit. Keep up the good work!