Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 13:29

Plan: CAD
Stats: 205/198/165
BF:
Progress: 18%
Talking Hooray for me!!!

Okay, I am really proud of myself so I have to share...

I have only been adjusting to this new way of eating for a week. so it is all pretty new to me. Anyway I went out to lunch with some friends today and they decided they wanted to go to Panera Bread Company. So a month ago I would have eaten French onion soup in a bread bowl and a salad that comes with berries and FF dressing (although it is sweet dressing) or 1/2 a sandwich. A lemonade and a cookie or brownie of course. My point is LOTS of carbs.

Well today I went and had a grilled chicken Caesar salad (dressing on the side, I only used a bit) no croutons and a few walnuts instead (just for that crunch). Told them to keep the roll (so I wouldn't be tempted) Drank Water and skipped dessert!! It didn't even bother me that my friends ate huge chocolate brownies!!!

I felt sooo good about myself for not being swayed. This was the first real test for me and I think I handled it well!!

Just wanted to share!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 13:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/225/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

Just wanted to say "Good Job" You're on your way
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 14:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/BFL training
Stats: 210/206/143
BF:28%/27%/<20%
Progress: 6%
Default VERY AWESOME!

I think the hardest part of this WOE is not giving into temptation when others around you are eating things you were used to eating. My husband is doing the low-fat thing and is hating it. He hates it when I eat bacon and eggs and he is eating Oatmeal and Protein powder for breakfast. Now I feel so bad that I wait until after he leaves in the morning to make my breakfast. The rest of the day we eat pretty much the same. Chef salads, chicken, etc.
Anyway, that is a really great accomplishment you made-keep up the good work!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 15:27

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Terrific for you! Going out is one of the hardest parts of this WOL. I know! Not only do you have to figure out how to eat low carb in a high-carb world, but you have to withstand watching others eat things you might want or trying to convince you to eat things you don't want.

That's one major hurdle!

;-Deb
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-02, 19:19
Registered Member

Plan: general LC
Stats: 169/148/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:**eh**
Progress: 62%

I think that you did great!

I am finsihing my second week of lc... I am so excited by the results!

I had the same kind of temptation last night. Some girlfriends and I went out to a restaurant just to visit with each other. A girls night out. They all got dessert ...big desserts and I sat there sipping only a diet coke. I still got to visit and had a great time and I didn't give in to the myth that to be a woman one must consume large amounts of sweets when visiting with each other. lol...