Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 09:13
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 163/156/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Please Help Me -Confused

I feel like I have really messed up.

I started out on Atkins and lost some weight. But I wasn't happy doing Atkins because I cannot live my life on Atkins.

So I switched to CAD. I didn't gain or lose anything on the switch. I have stayed about the same.

I ate what I wanted on Easter, all day.

So Monday, I said hey I am going back on Atkins because I need to lose another 10 pounds quick so I can go out and buy summer clothes.

I just feel totally helpless about all this diet stuff. I don't know what to do. I definatly would rather be on CAD. I just need some kind of motivation to do so. I can see myself living on CAD. I guess I am scared that it won't work or something.

I just don't know what to do and I really need to get on one plan and stick to it. Does anyone have any advice.

I hate the Atkins diet and I really like CAD. I have both books and I want to be on CAD.

HELP!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 10:21

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

It seems you have answered your own question. If you hate Atkins and want to be on CAD.....do it. It's easy. You just have to take that first step and commit yourself.

You probably need to stop thinking of weight loss as a quick thing. Go ahead and buy your summer clothes and plan that possibly you're going to have to buy a few more before the season is over because you are going to lose some weight. I have spent all my life puttling everything on hold until I lose weight. Don't do it.

Cad is wonderful and there are so many people here that will help you stay motivated, but you have to do the work. Please join us. Relax and enjoy the journey. I think it will be your final diet attempt because you are going to love living like this.

Get started today! That's an order! (How's that for motivation!?)

Deb
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 10:25
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Secret,
this is just my impression of CAD and atkins. I think people that have less weight to lose will lose slower on either plan and I think CAD is a slower loss than atkins. I think if hyperinsulism is part of the reason you gained weight CAD will help you but you may only lose a half pound a week following the plan perfectly and the half pound loss may not be apparent with the averaging until you've done CAD a few weeks. I also think smaller or older people may have to put a little more effort into it- exercising, balancing, not eating huge portions at RM.

I can relate to your that its almost summer panicky feeling and not knowing which plan to follow either so I'm staying with the plan I feel the healthiest on. Think hard about what is most important to you it should make the decision easier.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 11:44

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 238/193/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 51%

secret, I didnt see how long you said you did CAD for after Atkins. Did you give it enough time for your body to adjust?
Whichever you decide to do you need to commit to sticking with it for a good amount of time and giving it a chance to work.

Having said that.. Id say.. If you have the time and feel you can take a deep breath and just lose slowly but in a healthy way, do the diet you enjoy most (CAD) If you are really paniced about summer, then do atkins till summer comes. Maybe Atkins will be more bearable if you know its just for a few months.

whichever plan you choose there are so many people here who will support you and try to inspire you. And remember Stress is a known Staller so stressing about not losing might cause you to stall worse.

Jaden
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 11:45
Registered Member

Plan: Sugarbusters!
Stats: 223/209/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

Im here to tell you if you did atkins for a while and switched to cad, it will mess your metabolism up and you will stall. that was my case anyway.... but the stall passed and im losing slowly but surely. I have a lot of weight to lose but i decided atkins wasnt realistic for me. I cant live my life that way. I would rather take it slowly and enjoy my life more than lose fast but constantly be thinking of what im not allowed. I am much happier with cad and I accept that its a slow process. And I know once I reach my goal, this is a lifestyle I can live with. Good Luck to you!
p.s. easter was no problem for me at all. I switched my Rm around and had no problems at all and no weight gain the next day. whereas on atkins, I know for sure I would have cheated.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 11:55
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 163/156/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks you guys all for you help and kind words I really feel more confident after readiing what everyone wrote. I just needed something to help me realize that you can lose weight on this plan.

I really think I can live my life on this plan and be happy. I am going to re-read my CAD books again and look forward to a happy RM meal tonight.

Thank you all.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 12:13

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Enjoy that RM. You deserve to.

Good luck,
Deb