Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 07:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%
Default Pleasantville Cookie Company???

Has anyone every ordered any of their low carb products? Some of them really look delicious and the carb ratio is great after deducting fiber in a lot of them.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with them.

Also...has anyone every used almond flour? How different is it from regular flour? Would you use the same measurements and just substitute cup for cup?

Thanks!
L
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 11:48
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
At Christmas time I ordered a bunch of their cookies thinking that if I had an alternative to all the high sugar stuff at the office, I could better avoid them.

But.......they were yukky!
I ordered the regular, a pumpkin flavor and one of the chocolate flavors. They were too sweet, and I felt like I was chewing chalk when eating them. I ended up throwing away almost $30 worth because no one would eat them! I think if they used almond flour combined with some other flour it would not be so bad. Anything I have tried made solely with almond flour , I haven't liked.

Just my 2 cents!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 13:35

Plan: My own--atkins like
Stats: 188/188/135 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up we like them

We have tried their cookies, and for 1 g. effective carbs, they aren't bad. They are a bit expensive, but they included a coupon for future discount.

I think I can make better tasting cookies with almond flour, but still buy theirs for an occasional treat.

We especially like the peanut butter (tho' they could stand to be frosted with some LC peanut butter!) and the maple-pecan cookies.

If you're new to Splenda, they can be too sweet. And their flavor essences can be kinda overpowering.

There's my $.02.

Pokey One
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 09:12

Stats: 278/198/150 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 63%

I was all excited when I got them but after tasting them I threw them out - the flavors all tasted the same to me and not very good at that. I gave DH the PB flavor since he love PB and he gave them right back to me. Too bad I was really looking forward to them.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 19:40

Stats: 214/179/125
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hi L,

I ordered two samplers bags from Pleasantville, some of each type of cookie, and a small bag of spices. With the shipping fee, my bill was a little over $26. The $1.79 spices tasted fine (a little like the Spike seasoning you buy at the grocery store), however, the cookies were a total waste of good money, as far as I am concerned. The cream de menthe flavor was the most palatable, but even then I could never call them "good", and definitely not worth their cost. Many people had raved about them, but I would much rather have something made with the Atkins' mixes, or make the zucchini muffins found in this recipe section.

The only thing I have made with almond flour is the zucchini muffins, and they were very good. I'm pretty sure you can't just substitute almond flour for white flour and have any recipe turn out, but I'm not sure why Linda