Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 13:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/185
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default no loser

Your comments / analysis solicited. Love Jebsr
This is one case when I am sorry to admit that I am not a looser.
On low c's a little over four wks. No wt. loss/no belt effects. The little stick heads just inside ketoses.
I mentioned in an earlier 'thread' that I am on several meds. for high b.p. A cal. channel blocker and a second pill containing a small amount of a diuretic ( 12.5 mg. )
Goal is to loose 40 lbs. or so which is almost exclusively resident around the middle.
I never have been a sweet eater but home made bread an mostly low fat foods were my mainstay.
A very typical day's menu is:
Around 9:30 a two cups tea ( decaf. ); two eggs. sausage or such at not over 5 gms of c's.
around 2 maybe a hunk of cheese ( 3-5 c'c) and a few pork skins. Glass of diet decaf. cola off to golf for about 2 hrs. ( Eat your heart out youngsters).
Around 6 I start happy hour ( to get over golf ), scotch and water. After two or three I am feeling better and start dinner around 7. Generally a meat of pork or beef or fowl or fish. Some days a single burger made myself. Salad and veggies ( of course none on the no no list.) Some flax pills and more diet soda.
Bed time maybe a bit of natural p-butter more diet pop off to bye bye land.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 14:04
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Well, here are some basic suggestions.

Breakfast sausage may have hidden carbs.

You need to eat more and more often, cheese and pork rinds as a lunch just isn't enough.

Your body will burn alcohol instead of fat if it gets the chance. You might just have to go dry for a couple weeks with no alcohol.

What is your soda sweetened with--aspertame can cause stalls. Water is the best thing to drink. Also citric acid in other sodas can stall some people as well. Try upping your water intake.

Have you counted your carb intake. You may not be getting 20 carbs from mostly green vegetables. Have some green carbs at lunch with protein. Spread the carb intake out over two or more meals.

Peanuts are a legume and not suitable during induction. Nuts are not allowed during induction. So no peanut butter.

I think the big problems are the alcohol and the not substantial enough lunch. The other things are just possible problems.

Are you taking at least a multivitamin?

Beth
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 14:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/180/155 Female 5'4"
BF:57.2%/45%/25%
Progress: 58%

HI:

Been reading your post about not losing. Without a journal and Fitday.com to figure out your fat, carbs and protein how do you know what you are eating and what proportions?

IMHO, just looking at your post I definitely do not think you are getting enough calories. You should be consuming at the bare minimum, 2,100 per day (10% of your body weight) to keep your body from going into starvation. Those 2,100 calories should be divided between Fat - 65-70%, Carbs - 3-5% and Protein - 20-30%. If you ingest alcohol it takes it away from your Protein...don't know why but when I have a drink my protein goes down and alcohol replaces it. And, alcohol is burned first as fuel before anything else. Since you said you have not read any LC books I suggest that you get one and read it. It will explain a lot of things to you. This WOE is really simple but if you don't read about it how can you know.

I sincerely hope that this will work for you as I am sure it is exasperating not to be losing weight when you put forth the effort to try and lose. If you make these few changes I am sure you will start losing. I too am on BP and hormones (which are worse for losing) and I have been able to lose 17 pounds so I know it does work. Please feel free to look at my FitDay.com (click on bottom of my post). If you do look at it, please disregard March 21st menu. That was an experiment.

Good Luck to you

Rose

Last edited by RBalhan : Sat, Mar-22-03 at 14:53.